Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What would happen if Blizzard is bought by Disney?

What do you think? Seems that Disney is buying anything that is popular and have a big fanbase

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by fenixazul View Post
    what do you think? Seems that disney is buying anything that is popular and have a big fanbase
    you shut yore filthy mouf!

Tier 37 end boss is Mickey Mouse
    There's that silly persecution complex again. If you really believe that, why are you still playing? And if you're not, why are you hanging around to bother the people who are?
    Kirroth

Council boss of Kylo Ren, Ironman and Sora.

15+ Year Old Account
    What do you think? Seems that Disney is buying anything that is popular and have a big fanbase
    It would not happen there is zero chance Activison would ever let Blizzard go.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Council boss of Kylo Ren, Ironman and Sora.
    Holy shit movie themed raids/cameos would be so jokes.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

They wouldn't, it would be far easier to poach top talent and make their own game developer division, activision-blizzard is simply one of many game companies and no game companies have rights to specific things like distribution rights to star wars 4-6, fantastic 4/x-men, hulu's giant piece of streaming pie.

Or perhaps disney would buy or merge with activision? Its not like corporation merging is not a thing these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Disney would buy out activision blizzard with the intent to capitalize on WoW. MMO's are not that popular, however they are making a slow and steady comeback it seems.

They would capitalize on Overwatch and Heroes. Both of which would probably be left alone, if anything it would be dumbed down to reach an even greater mass audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampz View Post
    inb4 "flying is a major part of the reason I have fun in wow!"
    Buy a fucking flight sim then

Deleted
    It's happening :

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    When i saw Jaina with this haircut, i thought of her :

They would have Jaina singing Let it Go.

Theradras would become a Disney Princess

Then we could call it Blizzney.

Disney acquiring Nintendo would make a lot more sense.

... Disney movie?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    It would not happen there is zero chance Activison would ever let Blizzard go.
    Activision did not buy Blizzard, they both merged. So they have as much a vote on things as Blizzard has. If Disney where to buy Blizzard they would have to buy Activision as well.

First of all, Disney doesnt like to associate itself with violent video games so if it happened it would not be incorporated into its other character base like the Star Wars franchise which is FAR more widely accepted and family friendly. That would mean that its value is far lower in the bigger market place but the entire business would sell for about the same amount. which would you see as a bigger profit maker in the long run: Star Wars and its endless amount of toys that moms will buy for there kids without worry or an mmo that has too many horror stories of addiction and the other me too late to the party games like hearthstone, Heroes of the storm and overwatch. Starcraft is a dying franchise and Diablo 3 has gone about as far as that type of gameplay can go, Call of duty is looking more like a generic war shooter with nothing new to offer and Destiny already disappointed gamers with the first release. Disney would be better off getting the rights to Harry Potter or some other company that actually knows how to make a decent movie...

Deleted
    What would happen? blizzard would fall under EA from that point onward to work on Disney projects and in 1-2 years EA will disband Blizzard like all other game studios that are beloved by gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    What would happen? blizzard would fall under EA from that point onward to work on Disney projects and in 1-2 years EA will disband Blizzard like all other game studios that are beloved by gamers.
    Erm... EA and Disney aren't affiliated at all? EA has license to make Star Wars games but that's it. If Disney bought Blizzard EA would have exactly zero to do with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Erm... EA and Disney aren't affiliated at all? EA has license to make Star Wars games but that's it. If Disney bought Blizzard EA would have exactly zero to do with that.
    Disney removed Lucas arts aswell after they took over.
    And Battlefield is really not a step forward in Star Wars gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then I quit playing Blizzard games.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.