Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Kael'thas Solo Attempts

'ello there, MMO-C.

So tonight I gave Kael a few attempts after watching the youtube videos of a Ret soloing him. It didn't go nearly as well as I thought it would. I thought that because my ilvl was higher than the guy in the video, I would have less trouble, but I was wrong.

The farthest I've gotten is having Kael + the darkener (forgot his name) left. The darkener screwed me over on a few attempts when he teleported me right next to him after he was resurrected. I'm usually able to have the weapons down in time to catch my breath, but after the advisors are back up, it's game.

Has anyone been giving Kael solo attempts? I have a pretty mediocre weapon (mace from HoT), so I'm thinking maybe next week it'll be easier if Madness drops the sword on normal. I'm curious to see if people with better gear have been able to get him down.

I don't have the ability to link my armory because of my low post count so I can't provide armory.
    ilvl - 389
    weapon - Mace from Heroic Well of Eternity

10+ Year Old Account
    Tips:

The easiest way to give yourself plenty of time to kill each individual phase is to clear all of the trash and other bosses in the Eye before doing the fight. Once you've done that. you'll run all the way back to the entrance once Kael starts his intro speech, and kill Lord Sanguinar and Thaladred there at the entrance. After that, you'll start to run back towards the middle. Capernian will start to come down the ramp to the right just as you've started going up the ramp to the left. You'll keep running, and take her as far into Solarian's room as you can, and down her there. After that, try and kill Telonicus in Void Reaver's room - or at least in the hallway leading to it. Kill the weapons in the doorway of Void Reaver's room, backtrack and be ready to kill Telonicus again, then Capernian, then Sanguinar, then Thaladred.

After these phases are over, start to run back to the center, and LoS behind the doorway and wait for Kael to show up. You'll either tank him here, or kite him down the ramps - whichever tactic you prefer. His pyroblasts WILL make short work of you if you aren't careful... so be careful

That's exactly what I was doing minus the kill order for advisors. The timer from phase 2 into phase 3 came up so quick that I was forced to kill Capernian after I looted the mace+shield. I kill Capernian in the void reaver hallway going into Kael's room. So when the timer goes off, Capernian is nearby and I attempt to nuke her down before Telonicus comes back, but Telonicus usually catches up before Capernian is dead.

Oh, that is exactly what I usually deal with. Basically, it can come down to some lucky crits with Capernian, on how quick she dies.

I find using Seal of Truth through Phase 3 with the advisors, especially Capernian, to be worth it. And if you can, a GoAK on her too (since it will still attack while you are Conflag'd).

Once you can get by them (it does take a bit of practice), Phase 4 is laughable with the Mace + Shield. Phase 5 isn't too bad, just stay the hell away from Kael during Gravity Lapse, so you don't get Nether Vapors on you (-10% Max Health per stack is NOT cool).

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sbhbZ0oZfbGsdksbfz:MoRM - The build I use (only other glyph change you could make, is swapping Exorcism for Word of Glory, if you feel the extra 10% healing will help). It is not my normal Ret build, this is just for soloing Kael, Hyjal Summit, Archavon, and Malygos (still a work in progress).

Selfless Healer is a MUST to get WoG to that 10sec window. The 1 point in Eternal Glory is just due to a spare point, and getting to WoG and follow up with a TV is always nice.

Last week was about 5hrs of wipes, before I got the kill (My first solo kill). This week, it was a one-shot. Once you learn what to watch for, it gets easier.

Edit: As to an armory, you could provide us your toon's name, server, and region (EU, US, etc), and we can look it up for ourselves. As well, if you are playing the Str > Mastery > Haste build, instead of Str > Mastery > Crit, you are hurting yourself more for soloing. The crit helps more, cause you get to crit those all-important WoGs more.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-03-10 at 05:34 AM.

Thanks for the lengthy, thorough post. You know, I was thinking the same thing. Making my other spec a solo spec. That 60% crit on WOG will REALLY help. Especially when you're near 30% A LOT. I will try out the separate spec and post the results tomorrow.

Character name: Xeonxi
    (Can't link armory yet)

I've been going with expertise soft cap, hit cap, str, mastery, then crit. It's been kind of tough dumping all the extra expertise though. I've been thinking about switching glyphs.

Edit: Zeroedgeir, do you use a PvP trinket during the fight? For p3?
    Last edited by Xeonxi; 2012-03-10 at 07:18 AM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Al-ar-Drop!%29

This thread from a few weeks back gives a good written description to go with the video

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

Thanks for the reference, but I haven't heard anybody comment on Thaladred the Darkener's teleport. Is his teleport a reaction to something? Is it avoidable? I'd rather NOT be right next to him while I'm trying to kill the rest of the advisors.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonxi View Post
    Thanks for the reference, but I haven't heard anybody comment on Thaladred the Darkener's teleport. Is his teleport a reaction to something? Is it avoidable? I'd rather NOT be right next to him while I'm trying to kill the rest of the advisors.
    The teleport is only used when you go "into a wall" you probably got knocked back behind a wall by the mage/warlock lady and go teleported to the beginning of the instance where there is 2 people there in my strategy. Or you got knocked back by the guy (not sure if that's Thaladred) into a wall/behind a wall.

The way I usually do this is:

When Capernian (the warlock/mage) is active when walking back to Kalethas' room which you are going to fight here RIGHT in the room next to his on the left side of the instance. You PvP trinket the Conflag immediately, RUN rocket boots w/e back to the door of Kael's room where its locked. She CAN fireball you through the "entrance" to the small corridor/room next to Kael's room. However this room won't let you get knocked over the walls that look like crystals, and teleported to the beginning. If you run fast enough/far enough she should be right inside the entrance to that little corridor/room next to Kael's room. Later on (in the last phase/when he becomes active) you will want to be far away from Kaels room so he cant fireball you while inside of his room and you cant interrupt/damage him.

When Capernian (the warlock/mage) is ressed try to have some holy power left from the weapons to get some inquisition and pop ALL damage CDs and hit her. If she conflags PvP trinket or bubble. You will kill her with wings and zeal etc before next conflag. Remember to be against a wall for her arcane explosion.

For Kael with any of his Fireballs/pyros/disorients you should have a pvp trinket or boss timers to know when to hit glyphed divine protection.

Personally I am prot with ret gear and 410 MH and Baleroc shield and use a WoG/max healing spec. I can Avenger Shield/Rebuke almost every fireball and only let one pyroblast off. If I had timers I could probably get all pyroblasts but I don't know when he is going to cast his shield.

BTW, you kite everything through the left (aka Void Reaver's side) and to the corridor. If you do it right side sometimes the advisors go left and right and the weapons can be lost and you get stuck with weapons and other stuff during other phases

LMK if you need any more help.
    Last edited by thegoodrogue; 2012-03-10 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helsreach View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Al-ar-Drop!%29

This thread from a few weeks back gives a good written description to go with the video

pretty much what i do aswell.
    26 kills, no luck...yet ;/

Editted - Still need clarification for teleport.
    Last edited by Xeonxi; 2012-03-10 at 10:05 PM.

I thought you can't even bring the council outside of Kael'thas' room anymore?

With current gear I see no big problem soloing this though. I've been spreading the council around the room when killing them then starting with the mage, followed by the engineer and the running guy after him. If needed I just bubble to nuke them down. Obviously preparing all CD's with holy power to blow them asap when he resurrects the council. Kael'thas himself is not that hard just switch from Seal of Righteousness to Seal of Insight and keep Resistance Aura on. I also use strength flask and food + strength potion. Also BoM>BoK.

Man, I don't even do this every week because of the effort of killing all stupid trash and random hiccups during the fights or the annoying air bug which removes your gravity buff and kills you. You guys seem to really deserve the mount with the effort you put into it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoodrogue View Post
    When Capernian (the warlock/mage) is ressed try to have some holy power left from the weapons to get some inquisition and pop ALL damage CDs and hit her. If she conflags PvP trinket or bubble. You will kill her with wings and zeal etc before next conflag. Remember to be against a wall for her arcane explosion.
    LMK if you need any more help.
    I thought you said if I'm exploded against a wall then I'd get teleported by Thaladred?

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 11:35 PM ----------

So I made a few more attempts today after changing my spec.

It went A LOT better, although I died halfway through phase 4. I'm unsure if I should kill phoenixes or not. Should I just kill the eggs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother with killing the phoenix. Just kill the eggs. Use seal of insight for p4-5. Always keep the buff from the shield up.

You mean the mace? The shield use has a 30 sec cd. But that reminds me, does WoG give the mace buff when the mace is equipped?

you don't need mace/Shield i never use it first time doing it i was trying with shield + mace sucks balls i'm using raid spec i equip PVP trinket and when i reach Kael i pop CD's to push him into PH 5 after that it's easy equiping mace+shield when he cast Shock barrier and starts spamming pyro aint worth it you can burst 80k shield in 1-2 sec under CD's and interupt pyro if you don't manage that then pop Gyphed DP. And i use SoT instead of Insight more dmg. And teleport thingie happened me few times but only cause i was to close to him or haven't deployed adds on right places but not sure, now once i got good tacts it's easy leaving frirst 2 adds at enterance mage add at enterance to Kael'thas room and kamikaze (bomberman) at FR place for girl you pop CD's to nuke her then Bomberman should come very soon and you should have left like 5 sec on CD's to nuke him fast, then rest of 2 adds nuke them fast even use PvP trinket on fear dude cause you'll get alot of dmg and lost time + you'll have that 60 sec debuff which stuns you. and when Kael comes just pop all CD's and push him and ofc w8 for Kael at Al'ar room so when you push him to 50% he'll start running to his room and you can chase him and do some addition dmg usualy while chasing him i nuke him to about 35% via Judgement+CS (if i managed get close to him)+ TW +1 exo when his to far and Judgement is on CD. PH 5 you w8 until he finish casting that shit gravitay loop and then you smash him again all that with SoT up.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonxi View Post
    I thought you said if I'm exploded against a wall then I'd get teleported by Thaladred?

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 11:35 PM ----------

So I made a few more attempts today after changing my spec.

It went A LOT better, although I died halfway through phase 4. I'm unsure if I should kill phoenixes or not. Should I just kill the eggs?
    I guess I should have been more clear sorry, the walls that look like rocks you can go through and the game notices when you are behind/on top/stuck on/in these walls that look like rocks and it teleports you to the beginning of the instance. None of the advisors have a "teleport" mechanic. It only happens when you are behind/stuck/on top or in the walls that look like rocks so thats why you have your back against a wall that doesn't look like a rock. I prefer the room next to Kaelthas because it is small so when she knocks me back I don't miss much uptime AND you can use the doorway to avoid Gravity Lapse further in on the encounter. Just like the "room" before Baron Geddon.

The rock walls can do the job but 65% of the time you get stuck in/on it and get ported to the beginning. Or just try and find a corner kind of thing you can stand in but once you go my strat you won't go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I thought you can't even bring the council outside of Kael'thas' room anymore?

You can kite them out of the room. You just need to make sure you're running out when he starts his RP session.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

Fourth lockout. Can't believe how lucky I was.

PVP trink for the Conflagration is a game changer

Indeed. If you're a Ret looking to do this, PvP trink is the way to go! My other trinket was the ilvl 410 Creche