Thread: New to Arena

New to Arena

Hi, like the title says I'm new to arena and yesterday I decided with a friend to do some 2's for the first time. This is not the best setup, but I am an H Pal and he is a MM hunter. I did look up general guidelines for being a H Pal in Arena junkies, but there isn't really much to be said about this setup seeing as very little people use this comp. If you've used this comp before, mind telling me what kind of troubles we will have and maybe if we have some advantages? So far our rating is only 193 2/2 win, lose :P

I know some people would suggest just going ret instead, but I would probably just get rolled if I did and I am more comfortable healing.

Also any general tips would be really helpful as I have been pretty nervous trying out arena's for the first time. Mostly all I've done is just BG's.

Here's my armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Lucente/advanced

Deleted
    hunter/healer comps are dog you wanna go hpala/arms or hpala/dk
    your hunter should go with a ret or a rogue, possibly a feral for optimal setup.

Is it because this comp doesn't have any synergy and we would be hard pressed against melee duos in general? So far all we have fought and won against was a fost mage and a shadow priest, and an arms warrior i think with a BM hunter. And the fact that we are so low rated means we havent really fought a proper team but I was just wondering about the negativites.

Hunters lack the pressure and cc to kill other healer/dps teams, they are best with double dps. as a holy pal, go with a dk or warrior and wreck people.
    Pretty much all i can say.

I dont find that healers and hunters go as good as another class for example you should have a high rate of burst class like a mage, DK, ret pally

Well thanks for the tips guys guess I should just try to get a 3's or a 5's going from the sounds of it. Prolly try this comp for a while though and see how well we can do first. If I get active enough with arena's maybe I'll give a shout on how it went haha, but I imagine most wouldn't be surprised on how it goes. If it gets horrible, well then nothin for it.

Deleted
    Go ret mate... Ret Hunter is unstoppable...

15+ Year Old Account
    Tbh if your new to arena do not go into 2's. You will vs retarded comps, your better off finding a extra player an head to 3's. 2's will give a new arena player nightmares :P
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

I never heard of 2's being that bad lol. More along the lines of people only use it to get conquest cap

10+ Year Old Account
    2's is an absolute nightmare to play unless you play like Lock/shaman or Disc/rogue(or mage).

It will make you rage more than it gives you satisfaction and engaging gameplay. Try to ditch 2's as fast as possible and try 3's instead. I'm serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    Tbh if your new to arena do not go into 2's. You will vs retarded comps, your better off finding a extra player an head to 3's. 2's will give a new arena player nightmares :P
    3v3 has its fair share of retard comps aswell... its about luck on which teams you meet I guess. As to the OP, 2v2 is probbaly easier to start out with and get used to focus targetting etc, although I don't think a pala has that many macro's for focus target, its still good to have it up so you can keep track of what people on the opposite team are doing. Although in your current situation I'd get a rogue and try 3v3, like other people said, hunter healer isn't the best comp anymore. (since the mana drain sting got removed)

Oh and if you do find a rogue and you don't mind getting ret gear, you can always go ret/rogue/hunt, its one of those "retard comps" me and valac metioned.

It is definitely doable, but it will mostly be on your hunter. The good news is that you will beat almost any double dps but will have a hard to vs rsham warlock.

Outside of Orgimar any good healer can easily kite a hunter in a 2v2 or 1v1 and push a draw every match if they wanted to. With minimum range issues and los they wont get any good dmg on them. Unless the hunter is a friend I would look at finding a different class set up. The only groups you will do well against are double caster dps and even most of those should be able to figure things out.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Haha okay thanks, this is pretty interesting to hear about since I don't really follow any pvp trends so I'll be sure to take your guys' advice. The hunter is a friend though and I just wanted to hear about the opinions of people who are more experienced

Go ret, ret/hunter sounds a lot better.
    You'll have good enough burst and instant CCs to kill someone in a healer/dps comp, and amazing ret offheals & immunities (double deterrence/HoP+bubble) against double dps teams.

However, I generally dislike most healer/dps comps in 2s, especially with a holy pally, since they tend to drag games to the 45 minute limit. (Holy pallies can't even contribute anything offensively, so it's entirely up to your DPS partner to score a kill, apart from your occasional HoJ)

hunter has to be an exceptional player to make healer/hunter work in 2s

as advice above: go ret. Ret hunter is a very good setup because if your opponents do not focus the ret, you get a free casting hunter which can do silly damage and if they do go for the hunter you can do massive offhealing with wog

So I did some arena with MM and me. Lol here's a link, but the quality isnt very good sorry about that. so far we are 10/13 win/lose 929, and I can tell ya. I am an absolute noob LOL http://twitch.tv/jpiay/b/311196390

Quote Originally Posted by Luce View Post
    Well thanks for the tips guys guess I should just try to get a 3's or a 5's going from the sounds of it. Prolly try this comp for a while though and see how well we can do first. If I get active enough with arena's maybe I'll give a shout on how it went haha, but I imagine most wouldn't be surprised on how it goes. If it gets horrible, well then nothin for it.
    You asked for serious advice. You got it, but appear to be ignoring it. You can run and attempt have fun as Healer/Hunter but there isn't much advice to give you except to not do it. Find a feral for 3s.