Prot Paladin in Madness of Deathwing?

How do you deal with the cooldown rotation for impales?

Deleted
    Are you asking about normal or heroic?

Deleted
    This, and the identical 'Blood DK in madness of deathwing' thread is really uninformative from your end OP.

I'll just assume it's normal, I have a hard time believing someone who's at heroic madness has that little of a clue on tanking!

On normal you solotank it with a paladin - alternate Guardian - Ardent Defender - Divine Shield (taunt + cancelaura after impale) - Hand of Protection (taunt + cancelaura) and use Divine Protection on each one. And ofc dream on the first platform.

Becuase I cba responding to your other thread, the way you tank with a DK is simple - stack insane shields and check if you need a CD or not. Is the shield is in the 150k+ line the dont even bother using a cd other than VB (and ofcourse bone shield). If you get an unlucky melee hit just before the impale, use IBF.

Deleted
    On normal (because I haven't done heroic yet) I generally go like this:

1) dream
    2) ardent defender
    3) guardian of ancient kings
    4) ardent defender

I used to switch ardent defender and guardian so that I used two guardians and one defender, but on the last platform when you have to tank terrors it can get a bit sketchy if you don't have a major cooldown ready for action. For that part I have an "oh shit button" - Divine Shield + taunt macro. When your dps doesn't kill terrors fast enough the stacks will own you, so it's good to have it.

Edit: What I wrote assumes that DPS is capable (and it should) of killing the corruptions before the second impale. If shit hits the fan (it used to happen in my group at the very beginning of the patch), then HoP and cancel aura, divine shield + cancel aura are useful. If you have other paladins in the group you can arrange that in case of the second impale they could cast hand of sacrifice on you. It works.
    Last edited by mmoc7e1f862857; 2012-03-10 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    This, and the identical 'Blood DK in madness of deathwing' thread is really uninformative from your end OP.

I'll just assume it's normal, I have a hard time believing someone who's at heroic madness has that little of a clue on tanking!

On normal you solotank it with a paladin - alternate Guardian - Ardent Defender - Divine Shield (taunt + cancelaura after impale) - Hand of Protection (taunt + cancelaura) and use Divine Protection on each one. And ofc dream on the first platform.

Becuase I cba responding to your other thread, the way you tank with a DK is simple - stack insane shields and check if you need a CD or not. Is the shield is in the 150k+ line the dont even bother using a cd other than VB (and ofcourse bone shield). If you get an unlucky melee hit just before the impale, use IBF.
    Acttualy you should use only either GOAK or AD+DP if you get second impale then bubble+taunt which i never use and i have no problems at all
    my only problem on that fight is trying to not fall asleep

If you are talking heroic then the standard rotation is not going to cut it and you will need some external help with either a pain surpression or a hand of sacrifice from another paladin.

What my guild did (note: we had 1 paly tank take the first impale all the time on each platform and a druid in bear form take the 2nd impale ) is to have the first platform impale just taken with Guardian of Ancient Kings and the Dream. Then on the second platform use the firelands rep trinket along with Divine Protection and a pain surpression / hand of sacrifice. The third gets tricky, on this one you NEED to activate Guardian of Ancient Kings when the Impale cooldown is at 4 or 3 seconds then pop the trinket and Devine protection later on. The reason is that if you do this you will take the impale in the last 2 seconds that your Guardian lasts and it will be off cooldown 2 seconds before the impale on the 4th platform so you have an emergancy button to use incase Pain Surpression or Hand of sacrifice are not ready (although they should).

The timing is pretty easy to do if you use DBM for it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryhoudini View Post
    On normal (because I haven't done heroic yet) I generally go like this:

1) dream
    2) ardent defender
    3) guardian of ancient kings
    4) ardent defender

I used to switch ardent defender and guardian so that I used two guardians and one defender, but on the last platform when you have to tank terrors it can get a bit sketchy if you don't have a major cooldown ready for action. For that part I have an "oh shit button" - Divine Shield + taunt macro. When your dps doesn't kill terrors fast enough the stacks will own you, so it's good to have it.
    Do it like this:

1) Divine Shield - and use Blessing of Protection on the off-tank. Use Dream to make your healers' lives easier.
    2) Ardent Defender and Divine Protection
    3) Guardian of Ancient Kings and Divine Protection
    4) Divine Shield - use Blessing of Protection on the off-tank.

I would advise against moving the bubble part to the 2nd platform, because if your DPS is fast, you'll end up having bubble not off cooldown for the 4th.

My apologies, Our guild has had to swap players in certain roles, and as our raid lead I need to know the rotations of the two classes and how to order them, I figured I goto the people who had been doing it without error for awhile now. One thing I know for sure, our Dk tank glyphed for vampiric blood, which was hurting us.

Where as in our previous raid comp it was warrior for imp 1 and druid for imp 2, very straight forward and easy.

I appreciate the advice.

on each platform: DP, stay of execution, wog, safeguard (if tanking with a warrior), and/or preferably a sac from a hpala.
    1: dream, AD (overkill 9 thousand....)
    2: GoaK
    3: AD (prob also need extra external, PS here.)
    4: GoaK again.

This is for 25 madness hc since normal is cakewalk anyway

Deleted
    Solo tank it

1. Dream
    2. Argent def and divine prot
    3. Guardian
    4. Argent def and divine prot

then on last platform tank the big adds in the yellow area and chain, divine prot, guardian and dream. Then bubble + cancel + taunt if needed.