Thread: I Am Blood DPS

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have seen a few lesser DKs trying this, same as the odd frost tank.

My main concern would be a lower DPS cap and a loss of stats in things such as mastery, which will almost inevitably pop up on some gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Theres no reason not to runestrike on that fight half of the time
    You mean other than being unable to do so because rune strike requires you to be in blood presence or avoid an attack.

With some quick napkin math would using you not just want to use DS when you have U+F up and all other time use heartstrikes?

Deleted
    i dont mean to be a stick in the mud, but you say that you did 57k on normal madness
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinc Metals View Post
    I recently put out a Madness of 57K. However, it was the first time I was allowed there on Normal.
    based off your armory you didnt kill it, unless this madness was in fact LFR like your screenshot stipulates. Recount is not a "dps tool" used to "optimize" dps or simulate anything. I dont know why you feel the need to be blood to dps, "i can cleave lul" does not = "best AoE dps spec"

Deleted
    Post some logs with HC DS Kills, and some competitive numbers with other classes specs.

Than i can change my mind, but AFAIK blood is meant to be a tank specialization. and you should stick with it.

Using some tricky mechanics doesn't mean your spec is TURBOPOWERLOL.

No, no way.

We actually had a blood dk join after one of the dps left on a hour of twilight run. He then starts the "go go go"" routine to which i reply i'm waiting on him to change into his dps spec. He says that he's blood dps specced. I then proceed to inspect him and saw a mix of tank/pvp gear so it was obvious he wasn't testing it's viability or something, he was just trolling or was completely bad. So we just kicked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobedesce View Post
    We actually had a blood dk join after one of the dps left on a hour of twilight run. He then starts the "go go go"" routine to which i reply i'm waiting on him to change into his dps spec. He says that he's blood dps specced. I then proceed to inspect him and saw a mix of tank/pvp gear so it was obvious he wasn't testing it's viability or something, he was just trolling or was completely bad. So we just kicked him.
    I guess it's legitimate to tank normally in Blood Spec with DPS gear. The amount of damage you can push out in a dungeon is amazing (Gurth + Bone-Link). But outside of dungeons?
    Please switch to your DPS-spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

This is too funny. I have a dream of Beast Mastery getting revamped to a tank spec (yeah I know it would require major overhauls, require several spells to work differently as BM and so on; very unlikely), and while thinking through it, I imagined an argument "But what about those who like playing BM as it is now? What about those who like BM being a dps spec?", and I thought, well, what about those who liked blood dps? or unholy / frost tanking? Then I see this thread. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    I guess it's legitimate to tank normally in Blood Spec with DPS gear. The amount of damage you can push out in a dungeon is amazing (Gurth + Bone-Link). But outside of dungeons?
    Please switch to your DPS-spec.
    If you are talking 5mans...yeah. I've healed fully pvp geared DK's on my Holy Pally through HoT heroics (happens quite often...). I didn't even notice they were in PVP gear until I inspected them towards the end of the instance (they had transmoged).

But I'd never set foot in a raid, not even LFR, trying to PVP gear tank or dps XD

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    This is too funny. I have a dream of Beast Mastery getting revamped to a tank spec (yeah I know it would require major overhauls, require several spells to work differently as BM and so on; very unlikely), and while thinking through it, I imagined an argument "But what about those who like playing BM as it is now? What about those who like BM being a dps spec?", and I thought, well, what about those who liked blood dps? or unholy / frost tanking? Then I see this thread. : )
    How to make BM a semi-viable tank: Buff pet tank talents/abilities, increase threat generated by hunter when they use Misdirection on pet. This would work for 5mans.

Now if only they could make it easier to make the pets MOVE out of stuff....Makes me miss Eyes of the Beast XD
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    If you are talking 5mans...yeah. I've healed fully pvp geared DK's on my Holy Pally through HoT heroics (happens quite often...). I didn't even notice they were in PVP gear until I inspected them towards the end of the instance (they had transmoged).

But I'd never set foot in a raid, not even LFR, trying to PVP gear tank or dps XD
    I rather meant that from the DK's perspective. Didn't want to start a "dungeons are so easy"-argument, but rather how you can spice up a dungeon as a tank ;-)
    I really noticed it today, healer was at 100% mana all the time, but when I started using HS for more damage, I dropped to 40%... I guess he didn't pay attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Managed to pull about 43k as blood dps on madness 25n tonight. It's kinda cool, but my gear isn't good enough. (390 ilvl, or so)

Wish I had better equipment to see better numbers.

Deleted
    The only boss where blood could possibly compete with other DPS specs is Ultraxion due to short DRW CD

/thread

for talking so big of your uncanny dps strat, having one rank at 190 on a BH boss is rather lackluster

I did 45k on heroic madness in tank gear while tanking... I'm even ranked in the top 100 on that fight. Does that mean blood dps is viable? HELL NO. I was still far lower than any of the dps. Even being in dps gear, which would be suicide at this point, there's no way I could come close to what a geared UH or Frost DK could do.

Are blood dk's capable of putting out ok numbers in certain situations? Yes.
    Are they viable? No.

Viable: Within 10% of another spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    Yeah sure "Blood DPS" is viable when you are tanking and have full vengeance the whole fight....
    So it's pretty much useless outside of LFR.
    I repeat what I listed. This toon alone, not counting prior Ally DK. 4/8, 6/8, 8/8, 5/8 on Normal. Do I have to describe the dmg one takes consistantly on any of the fights? Only one lacking good vengence is Hagra.

Deleted
    I am going to try this out .. Can't even imagine how much the death strikes hit for lol. Well thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wih View Post
    The log he linked was Ultraxion, I was under the impression that there was no Fading Lights in Ultraxion LFR (except for the boss's current target). This would be a clear mechanical difference that increases your DPS.
    I have not linked any Logs. I have linked a screenshot only.

Deleted
    I used to be Blood DPS back in the days where it were viable, nice to see it can still do something

Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2510661474

That should tell you anything you would want to know.
    That thread is out of date and T11. Changes have been made. DRW copies are better used on DS, unless AoE type fight is needed. T12 Set had benefits. T13 does not. DS takes priority over HS. One cannot Rune Strike in Unholy Presence. Vengence stacks much faster. Why you would take Vampric Blood is beyond me. I take increased Runic. Because I don't want Runic to go to waste when I DS at 81+ Runic, where it is more optimal. What good is Vampric over that? They guy isn't educated enough. He takes Improved Blood Presence thinking it regens his power faster in a different presence? No, it does not. You're better off benefiting everyone in raid by reducing damage taken over a small amount for yourself.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstybull View Post
    I am going to try this out .. Can't even imagine how much the death strikes hit for lol. Well thanks
    60K is common. Top hit has been 121K. Seeing a 90K is not uncommon. I can't wait to see a Norm Deeps will do.

I don't get it, yea you can gimmick your way up to doing reasonable dps, but if you are that capable of working those situations to your advantage you are more than capable of doing either frost/UH and pulling way more dps.

Your basically gimping yourself simply because you insist on being blood, If I was on any raid with you and we missed out on a kill by a few hundred k, be it a farm kill or a progression, im going to be pissed that you were not pulling your weight simply because you feel blood should be a dps spec.