Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Unfair Advantage for Beta Testers?

I feel that people in beta who are used to playing not the first quest (which is a small part of the game) but the game mechanics in general can just run through the beginning content with no learning curve on how to use the systems and UI in the game will be at an unfair advantage for the first few days of release.

-Advantage to those people who want to hit max level first
    -Advantage for those people who place items on GAH or RMAH the first few days

Considering when a new expansion came out in wow, items such as herbs and pre max level blues were going for 10x the price they are going for after the first week of release.

-There are people smart enough to not buy these over priced items, but there are a bunch who will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who has played Diablo I and/or Diablo II will have no problem with the game mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea your right, I'm just mad because I'm not in beta

Deleted
    Yeah damn there are players that are better then you, that cant be right?

No, just no.

The UI in D3 is so simple you can learn it in about 45 seconds. It's built with simplicity in mind, which is actually the focus of a lot of complaints but that's beside the point. The AH feature is not complicated either.

The first hour of content (which is all the beta consists of) is completely streamlined and tells you exactly what to do and where to go. If you're really concerned about it you can watch one of the many thousands of Let's Plays and get an exact idea of what you do. People in Beta have no edge whatsoever when it comes to release, all the game systems and information is readily available to be read and studied on Diablofans.com or the official forums if you're so inclined.

This topic is so riveting it had to be posted on the Diablo 3 official forums and here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also not sure what char to start with, I feel if i had the beta and had the chance to run though the first 13 levels with each class I would know for sure what char I would want to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Grassfarmer View Post
    I'm also not sure what char to start with, I feel if i had the beta and had the chance to run though the first 13 levels with each class I would know for sure what char I would want to start with.
    lol... you can still do this when the actual game goes live.
    the game is about fun, not competition... or at least not entirely :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    2pc: An awesome looking set of wings appears and flaps once from time to time.
    4pc: Doubles the chance of the 2pc bonus occurring.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jay Wilson has an unfair advantage cause he knows the release date and I don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the beta D3 is so so so so so easy that unless they hugely ramp up the difficulty before launch its not really a concern. For the starting zone you can literally just spam click everything you see and it dies.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    there´s no kind of wow like competition, i don´t see the problem

I started replying with the intention to say something funny. Halfway through I went back and decided to simply say what I think.

This is the most failed thread I have seen in this forum. Congratulations.

I'd just like to add that anyone that has been born before you has an advantage. In your case probably even those that were born after you.

Mod Edit: Infracted.

Vespian Edit: Lolz. Holy crap, 90 days for 5 points? It wasn't even flaming
    Last edited by Vespian; 2012-03-11 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    Advantage in what tough? There is no major competition in this game, no real "goal" or tournament or anything to decide the best player.

I feel like this reeks of the self entitlement from WoW raiders, who are very sensitive what other people are playing, how much, what, why, with who, when, how etc. What does it matter if someone hits 60 before you?

Dont tell me you are one of those hardcore raiders from that game who stands around Orgrimmar or Stormwind on your latest flashy mount hoping someone would notice you? And if you see anyone with your gear your heart sinks just a little...you were special, but not now cause that other guy has the same stuff...

Do we really want this in the Diablo community? Am i suppose to be pissed if D3 comes out 1-2 days after it is launched in the good ol US of A? Am i suppose to **** bricks that some typical white american, male with a baseball cap turned sideways, most likely NY Yankees while he blasts dat 50 Cent on his Itunes gets to lvl 60 before me?

Lets not have this stuff in our community, its a WoW "exclusive", let them have it.

Diablo 3 is a videogame. A videogame, a videogame and a goddamn videogame.

Did I miss the point to this thread?

This is what its been like for every beta of every game...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Dont tell me you are one of those hardcore raiders from that game who stands around Orgrimmar or Stormwind on your latest flashy mount hoping someone would notice you? And if you see anyone with your gear your heart sinks just a little...you were special, but not now cause that other guy has the same stuff...
    I still see this in game.. it cracks me up. Everyone wants to be a special snowflake.

I think you might think Diablo 3 is an MMORPG.

It's not.

It doesn't matter who gets what first or does what first.

I didn't see any of these kind of posts about Starcraft 2, so people must for some reason think multiplayer Hack n Slash means MMORPG.

I don't understand why people are making comparisons between WoW and Diablo. Totally separate games, guys. No relation. No kind of equal footing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    Advantage in what tough? There is no major competition in this game, no real "goal" or tournament or anything to decide the best player.

I feel like this reeks of the self entitlement from WoW raiders, who are very sensitive what other people are playing, how much, what, why, with who, when, how etc. What does it matter if someone hits 60 before you?

Do we really want this in the Diablo community? Am i suppose to be pissed if D3 comes out 1-2 days after it is launched in the good ol US of A? Am i suppose to **** bricks that some typical white american, male with a baseball cap turned sideways, most likely NY Yankees while he blasts dat 50 Cent on his Itunes gets to lvl 60 before me?

Lets not have this stuff in our community, its a WoW "exclusive", let them have it.

Diablo 3 is a videogame. A videogame, a videogame and a goddamn videogame.
    Can you stereotype a little more please? I'm sure whatever country you're from has just as many idiots as the US does.

Yes, we have access to game mechanics before retail release. That being said, you can still learn a lot from certain threads on the official beta forums.

Also, people will compete in diablo 3. Very few played diablo 2 just to kill diablo or baal, and it certainly didn't become massively popular for the pve. It may have started life as a pve game but pvp is what diablo 2 became. Also, people who say it doesn't matter, people will be competitive, first to max level, who has the highest dps, who can kill this boss the quickest, who can clear this area the fastest, who has the most gold, etc. It is human nature and a very large reason for the survival of the species for us to compete and drive each other.

Quote Originally Posted by dekcahw View Post
    Yes, we have access to game mechanics before retail release. That being said, you can still learn a lot from certain threads on the official beta forums.

Also, people will compete in diablo 3. Very few played diablo 2 just to kill diablo or baal, and it certainly didn't become massively popular for the pve. It may have started life as a pve game but pvp is what diablo 2 became. Also, people who say it doesn't matter, people will be competitive, first to max level, who has the highest dps, who can kill this boss the quickest, who can clear this area the fastest, who has the most gold, etc. It is human nature and a very large reason for the survival of the species for us to compete and drive each other.
    Diablo PvP? You playin' the wrong game bro! DPS never mattered and won't matter now, quickest kill is only interesting as bragging rights between friends, there is no overlapping community to go along with it, unless you artificially create one through a forum or whatever. But all these things, being the best, ye, that's what gaming is about. That doesn't mean it's all about PvP. Hell, PvP was a niche in DII. No clue how you think it was all about PvP.

theres nothing to learn. only 4 buttons to smash