Thread: Windwalk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    because i like hitting stuff. nothing upsets my tanking mojo like having multiple crusader strikes miss in a row.
    So reforge better?

I use Landslide because in a way, it is a survivability increase as well as a luls@tankdps. Prot 2P is where I'm talking and while yes, it is lackluster, it's still a guarenteed damage absorbed amount whereas windwalk may be 2% dodge, but who's to say I dodge at all in the time windwalk is active?
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

Deleted
    I've been considering changing into windwalk too. I'm tanking in 10m HC DS and our current dps ain't all that great, so I wonder if the dps I gain from Landslide would be worth the time? I don't usually have survival issues (beyond what is expected of any given fight) and our healers are good, so... Would Landslide be worth it? Considering I'm not hit/exp capped will the extra AP make a difference?

Thanks!

The DPS gain is very minimal. You'd get more benefit from it by watching Sacred Duty Procs or using Wings and even trying to up your hit and exp.
    Can't have a crusade without crusader aura.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    I've been considering changing into windwalk too. I'm tanking in 10m HC DS and our current dps ain't all that great, so I wonder if the dps I gain from Landslide would be worth the time? I don't usually have survival issues (beyond what is expected of any given fight) and our healers are good, so... Would Landslide be worth it? Considering I'm not hit/exp capped will the extra AP make a difference?

Thanks!
    Landslide alone...not a whole lot...but it does some.
    One thing I will say, I switched to Landslide first, and noticed 0 affect on my survivability. My dps did go up, but not significant. When I started rotating in a trinket or two...or some ret pieces...for specific fights...is where I noticed the most benefit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    Landslide alone...not a whole lot...but it does some.
    One thing I will say, I switched to Landslide first, and noticed 0 affect on my survivability. My dps did go up, but not significant. When I started rotating in a trinket or two...or some ret pieces...for specific fights...is where I noticed the most benefit.
    Never thought about the ret pieces... I'll probably try and grab a couple to see how it works out.. In bosses like Ultraxion CTC wont be much of an issue and the stamina loss is negligible with good cooldown rotation... Gotta try it out! Guild healers, you better be prepared!

Quote Originally Posted by shetan View Post
    So reforge better?
    i fail to see how a weapon chain on my weapon ( sacrificing a survivability enchant) is any different from reforging out of survivability stats and into threat stats on my gear.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    i fail to see how a weapon chain on my weapon ( sacrificing a survivability enchant) is any different from reforging out of survivability stats and into threat stats on my gear.
    I think what he's getting at is this:
    To get 40 hit, you are giving up a proc that is up frequently, giving you somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3% dodge.

If you reforged just one piece of gear with parry or dodge, you could lose a fraction of a percent of avoidance and gain 2-3x that much hit.

In short, an inefficient way of doing what you want to do.

You can't account for that extra dodge from the enchant though because it's a proc effect and will get affected by diminishing returns. The hit from the weapon chain is constant and the proc from landslide is not affected by anything, it's just on the lower side for a tank who is running around with like 30k AP anyway. Basically most weapon enchants available for pala tanks are pretty bad. The bottom line for this thread is that the best option for avoidance is Windwalk and for DPS it's Landslide.