Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Suggest MoP Press Tour Questions, Blue Posts, SWTOR Patch 1.2, Curse Weekly Roundup

Mists of Pandaria Press Tour This Week, Suggest Questions!
    This week is the Mists of Pandaria Press Tour! We're sending a team of fearless people to Blizzard to bring you back tons of shiny new Mists of Pandaria information! The information gathered during the press tour will be released in exactly one week, on Monday March 19th.

Question Suggestions
    Since we'll be interviewing developers during the tour, if you have something you really really want to ask about Mists of Pandaria, now might be a good time to bring it up in the comments. We'll pick the best questions and add them to our existing list. I'd love to see if you guys can suggest of something we haven't thought of!

Before posting a question, check and make sure it hasn't been answered by reviewing what we already know about the expansion.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Missing out on Scroll of Resurrection
    I'm going to respond to this simply because I've seen this sort of sentiment before, and while I have no doubt that not everyone will accept the answer I will give here, I'm going to give it anyway.

There is an assumption that we don't care about our long term customers. This couldn't be further from the truth. We absolutely care, and part of that is the ongoing efforts we make every day to communicate, to share what we're doing, to listen to what you are saying here and elsewhere about what more you want to see in the game and more. We also heard you say that you wanted to get your friends back that have previously left the game, so we revisited the Scroll of Resurrection so you could see about enticing them to return and play. This is our way of empowering you with a way to convince your friends that there is a benefit to coming back and that it will be as painless as possible to get caught up with you (thus the boost and transfer.) The level differences and even realm differences are often something people have said serve as a barrier to convincing their friends to return. So, we're doing what we can to move those obstacles away, at least for a little while.

I'm sorry to hear that your own friend wasn't able to benefit from the promotion, but there has to be a start and end to these things. Anytime we've run promotions in the past, there has always been someone somewhere who didn't get a chance to take part. We do what we can though to spread the word and make it as available as possible, but we have to be careful about limitations as well. We'll make sure to let people know if new such opportunities come up. It sounds as if (though) that you're having a good time leveling up together and that seems like a big win for you overall. We hope that you continue to do so since having fun is what the game is all about.It's for a limited period of time, but we don't have a specific date to give you. We'll do our best to give people some warning before it ends. I'd tell your friends that it's better to do it sooner rather than later to be safe, but it's completely up to them on what works for them. Since the promotion just started, we still have some time yet though. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Is There Anything Positive Going On?
    There's plenty of positive, but we go through these periods between content sometimes where people start looking for the "next big thing" if they feel they've done it all in game. People who are generally happy, tend to just play the game for what it is and we rarely see them on the forums. (That's not to say that we don't get people who are also happy on the forums too.) People who feel that there needs to be change to the game or have run into things they aren't happy with, tend to come to the forums to talk about it. They come to discuss it with other people here and see if they're the only one feeling a certain way, or they hope that one of us will see it and pass word along to the developers.

Frankly, we love getting to see constructive feedback whether it's positive (I love this thing because of xyz!) or more negative (I don't like this because xyz.) I sound like a broken record when I say this but, it's a truth that any community manager knows passionate people post passionately. If apathy wins, all you hear is silence. I'd much rather see that people still care than deal with no one talking about anything.

That said though, it's important not to let other's negative perceptions color your own (as difficult as that may sometimes be.) If you're having fun and enjoying the game for what it is, there is no reason at all you can't continue to do so. Your fun is purely your own.

It won't be long though and we'll have more to share on the ongoing development for the game and Mists of Pandaria, so hopefully that will lighten the mood a little. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

War College - The Battle for Gilneas
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The battlefields of World of Warcraft are littered with the bones of those who have become casualties in the ongoing conflict between the Horde and the Alliance. You do not need to become one of them. One of the keys to victory is knowledge, and that is where the World of Warcraft War College enters the picture. In these discussions between players, you can learn and share strategies with other players to improve your tactics and improve your odds of emerging victorious from the field of battle.

Are you a veteran Gladiator with countless victories tallied? Are you new to World of Warcraft and striving to improve your PvP skills? In this weekly feature, we invite players of all skill levels to ask questions, share tips and tactics, and join a conversation dedicated to surviving and thriving in World of Warcraft PvP.

This week, the topic of discussion is:

The Battle for Gilneas - Which strategies are most effective in this battleground for both rated and un-rated play? What tips, tricks and tactics have you discovered? What common mistakes have you witnessed?

Join the War College forum thread here.

SWTOR Patch 1.2
    Patch 1.2 is approaching and the new trailer from the Guild Summit last week shows off some of the new features. If you are interested in giving it a try, see the thread in the SWTOR forum where people are giving away a 7 day free trial.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    There are a number of new features coming to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ with Game Update 1.2, “Legacy”. This includes new playable content, like Operations and Warzones, as well as new game systems like Guild Banks, Player-vs-Player Warzone ranking, and the next evolution of Legacy. Check out all of the exciting new content coming up in this video!

Curse Weekly Roundup
    Pico is back to give us news on Minecraft, Wow, Diablo 3, Assassins Creed 3, Infinite, and Waking Mars.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-03-12 at 12:55 AM.

Deleted
    i would like to know what blizzard plan to do to get players out in the world, all they have said is they want to get people into the wolrd, but they also said this at the start of cata, and yea...

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 12:57 AM ----------

oh we get SWTOR on front page now, is this going to be a usual thing or a one off?

I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but...

More character slots, we need them badly , especially with the addition of an 11th class, do they have any more information on the possibility of removing the per-server limit that they were floating around earlier?
    Last edited by Veluren; 2012-03-12 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Removing obnoxious bolding.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like swtor on the front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the SWTOR news on the frontpage, GG Boub!

-Is there any plans on Warlock and Paladin Flying mounts?-Preview of Monk Talent Tree

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing SWTOR I want to know if Blizz would ever consider implementing a 'Legacy" style single account progression system to unlock extra features and benefits for dedicated players putting in time on multiple toons? I know it'd be hard to take into account levels 'already gained' from past characters but they could create a conversion matrix of some sort I'd think where Y XP = Z Legacy XP. It could be quite awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the new raids both at launch and in future patches, can we expect raids as lengthy as the first tier? Having content out faster is nice, but having more content to do is also good.Mogushan Palace is a 6 boss raid, how many other bosses can we expect to fight (normal or even heroic exclusive) in tier 14?

Deleted
    ?? Why is there a SWTOR video on the front page? It's not the kind of news I'm interested in...

I'd love it if you could ask them if Pandaria is going to be a part of Kalimdor/EK or if it'll be "portaled" like Northrend is. I'd also like to know if they have any future plans to merge everything onto the same server to form a cohesive world.

15+ Year Old Account
    With Azeroth revamped, refreshed and re-awesome'd, there are some missink links inside the quest chains. Will some of the individual quests, chains or lore be adressed in Mists? Will we see some important, yet unseen, lore characters appear in MoP? (ex. Med'an, Turalyon and so on)

Deleted
    What sort of content patches are we likely to see in MoP for dungeons and raids in terms of lore? With there being no main antagonist, are we going to get random new raids e.g. zandalar raid in 5.1, old god raid in 5.2? etc

Is there a summary of the SWTOR update that isn't a youtube video? I don't watch videos. I just want to read the stupid patch notes.

How many pandas, approximately, can we expect to see?

Deleted
    Are there going to be profession and class Server Firsts in MoP like they were in cata?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    ?? Why is there a SWTOR video on the front page? It's not the kind of news I'm interested in...

i dont see the problem with it beiong on front page, but they should put it in seperate news posts, or were going to have threads about both SWTOR and WOW, which never end well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, ToR on the frontpage!

Anyway, please try to grill Blizzard about why Chuck Norris had such a different model for humans.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Has a pandarian racial mount been decided on yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is quest flow from zone to zone going to be fixed or can we pick and choose our starting and subsequent questing areas? For raid design will we stick with the current trend of small and one per tier or will we have more than one?

Hrm, topics, eh? Well, other than "WHEN?!?!?!?!", I guess I can think of a few.

Are the old character models going to be updated for the Monk class, and if so, will it be in time for the release?
    What do the female Pandaren look like?
    Examples of Monk talents and abilities? More examples, I should say, we already know they can roll and do a Whirlwind with their feet.

Other than that, I want to see a video of the developers having a few Pet Battles, but that's wishful thinking. :P
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.