Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

MoP will revive wow

Have talents and player skills ever looked so fun and interesting? Sure the title sucks, and pandas kind of blow. But the land will be fine, they're gonna focus on bringing in some world PvP. And of course... ALL CLASSES SHOULD BE FUN TO PLAY.

I'd be willing to bet money on it actually. If they chose a different title we'd all be singing a diff tune about the xpac. It's just Mists of Pandaria doesn't have the same epic sound as Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, or Cataclysm.

But I really think WoW will enforce it's KING OF MMOs title that it already owns. Also, it's likely that player models will be updated with this expansion as well. (Not the first patch but eventually in the expansion)

---------- Post added 2012-03-03 at 11:56 AM ----------

I think that's what everyone is forgetting, what's the basis of WoW. The classes. You take the stale boring current model, reinvigorate it with the new model, and you have basically everyone starting fresh and having a ball again, and on the plus side it shouldn't get as stale as the current model ever throughout the course of its life.
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

I've got a good feeling about MoP so far. Actually, I expect it to be pretty cool and clearly better than Cata.

Being better than cata isn't hard, I think...

I really do hope blizz make wow worth playing again (at least in my case). I'd like to play something with my friends and good mmo works for that... atm, in my opinion, wow is far from good.

Deleted
    You got a point there, but my guess is that the only we can do is to wait, and hope you'r right!
    I sure hope is gonna bring some life back to WoW!

/Clooz

in my opinion, i don't think it will revive wow, i think this game is going to die off

Cata revived making leveling better and MoP will revive end game and playing overall enjoyable. At least that's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    Cata revived making leveling better
    Was that supposed to be a sentence?

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't police other users' spelling or grammar.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-03-03 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is gunna be better than Cata for sure, but It will feel more like TBC, but also like Wrath in someways.

I look at Mists of Pandaria has a whole not just the Pandas like most of the idiots, trolls & haters do, I see MoP bringing life and the spirit back into WoW.
    Challenge Modes looks fun I love speed running through and doing different things that give you achievements only capable of getting from them, Pet Battles is something interesting, but i think it will be a iPod app or game and not implement into the game itself, Scenarios are gunna be a blast I remember them from Warhammer and it was so much fun, I just hope they don't make to easy atleast make them abit challenging so pple learn to play there class and how to keep themselves alive instead of just standing in one spot and hitting there buttons, just them the idea on how your class works and than that could make pple play better and they would have a great time playing.

I already know Pandaria is gunna look amazing from sky & ground, I actually can't wait for the press conference & beta to start, Im looking forward to the 2 Faction based cities and not just 1, maybe World PvP will comeback while fighting for control of the VoA/BH like Raid. I only see good things coming and looking forward to it. Expansion we go through the chaos of this bad and such and it settles down and everyone enjoys it. Plus Pandas are awesome !!
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-03-03 at 06:17 PM.

MoP can be an acceptable expansion with mild success, but it will in no way, shape or form revive WoW. They're dumbing down the game, talents and stats even more, and the lack of a main villain is a bad thing, well, it usually would be, but maybe not after the Deathwing fiasco.. who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I've got a good feeling about MoP so far. Actually, I expect it to be pretty cool and clearly better than Cata.
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, i don't mind the pandas, anyone who does just should stay away from em, and i'm really interested in the monk class, i just hope they add more character slots for me to fit all of my " experiments " And even though the talents ( as they are now ) force you to make some hard decisions ( and lose out on abilities you already had ) they're looking really cool. I'm just wondering how their going to make a set bonus since not everybody will have the same abilities as one class

Except your entire paragraph OP is nothing but subjective conjecture, especially the part about WoW being this supposed "MMO King". Whether Mists of Pandaria will be a good expansion is yet to be seen. I do not want Warcraft to take more hits than it already has, but the recent lore butchery and the way Cataclysm turned out, I have my doubts on whether or not they can really keep a 7+ year game going strong still.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-03-03 at 06:16 PM.

I'm feeling it can be very nice with Mists, just a feeling, I'm no expert at anything. I'm just interested in the idea of more world PvP and the focus on Ally vs. Horde, it could develop some cool story instead of, "Big Bad must die! Kill its minions! Horror happens! Big Bad is dead!". I'm looking forward to the storyline and what might happen at least, among other things.

Revive? What you talking about?

It sure ain't great at the moment compared to what it (was) could be but it's light years away from being dead.
    "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post
    Have talents and player skills ever looked so fun and interesting? Sure the title sucks, and pandas kind of blow. But the land will be fine, they're gonna focus on bringing in some world PvP. And of course... ALL CLASSES SHOULD BE FUN TO PLAY.

I'd be willing to bet money on it actually. If they chose a different title we'd all be singing a diff tune about the xpac. It's just Mists of Pandaria doesn't have the same epic sound as Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, or Cataclysm.

But I really think WoW will enforce it's KING OF MMOs title that it already owns. Also, it's likely that player models will be updated with this expansion as well. (Not the first patch but eventually in the expansion)

I think that's what everyone is forgetting, what's the basis of WoW. The classes. You take the stale boring current model, reinvigorate it with the new model, and you have basically everyone starting fresh and having a ball again, and on the plus side it shouldn't get as stale as the current model ever throughout the course of its life.
    Paladin talents and skills are as boring as always. Nothing new here..

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    MoP can be an acceptable expansion with mild success, but it will in no way, shape or form revive WoW. They're dumbing down the game, talents and stats even more, and the lack of a main villain is a bad thing, well, it usually would be, but maybe not after the Deathwing fiasco.. who knows.
    Classic WoW never had any main villain. We were sent everywhere in the game, Silithus for AQ, Stranglethorn for ZG, Eastern Plaguelands for Naxx, Blackrock Mountain for both MC and BWL.

Lack of Main Villain will not work for "MoP going to be a bad game."

"dumbing down the game, talents and stats even more"

The way I see it, they are making the game better for people. We should not have to pull out paper and do math to find out the best DPS number. Blizzard already did that for us.

If you sign up for beta, you can help blizzard make MoP better. I am planing on working on druid and their talent tree since it does need a lot of work to get all the tier work with all four spec.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJgh View Post

Aren't you just getting a tiny bit of extra abilties like EVERY Expansion so far?.. Also, you now have less abilities per specc, how is that better? They've tried bringing back world PvP a lot of times already.. and aren't all classes supposed to be fun to play like.. always? Why is that a new thing?

Player models updating has been called since I believe Burning Crusade, you just don't know if it will happen, it probably will, but Blizzard's 'Soon' has been used for stuff so much lately I don't think it's even reasonable to call 'Soon' something inside a 1 year timespan.

I agree it's good they change the classes etc and I am all for the talent trees (Though not for the points most people make about 'your playstyle', people will just calculate the best specc and everyone will probably just end up using it again). I hope Blizzard will make a great expansion of MoP and give their playerbase what they deserve for their money

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well the player model thing won't happen with MoP, I can pretty much guarantee. They already stated somewhere in a blue post about it that they won't be doing it with MoP, and not to mention that they would also need to give a free character customization if/when they do, because what looks decent now won't look the same if they update the models. I do however hope that MoP is successful, and fixes at least most of the issues Cataclysm created. I honestly miss playing, and enjoying my time playing WoW. Though I am not going to bank on it reviving WoW, I will say that if they actually learned from all the mistakes of Cataclysm and are willing to fix them then it will at least reinvigorate the game to some degree, and help to keep them from losing more subscribers.

If MoP is successful it's because the majority of long time, actually good players have no expectations for it. Really it only needs to be okay.

You can't revive something that's not dead.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You can't revive something that's not dead.
    well it is in its decline.