Raids when? & Valor upgrading

when are the raids going to be released? read somewhere normal raids going to be delayed a week and then a LFR a week after that with heroics?

also has there been a write up on how upgrading our gear with valor points going to work in MOP? Im guessing you can upgrade LFR to normal then to heroic quality? 384 to 397 to 410? or will it take 2 upgrades to get gear equal to 397 if you start with LFR. wont this create 5 or 6 diff ilvls for the same piece?

looked thru first 4 pages of forums for MOP and didnt really see any topics answering my questions. so if you have any info, links or just want to add your guess on how things will work please post.

September 25: MoP launches
    October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
    October 9: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
    October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
    November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Valor Point upgrades will (at the earliest) be in at 5.1. More details about how it will work will be released at a later date.
    Last edited by Jeina; 2012-09-03 at 06:20 PM.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

tyvm for the dates, but as far as the valor upgrades goes i really look forward to more info on how it will work. thanks again for the dates on the raids =)

IIRC, Blizz said they're trying to get valor-upgrading implemented in 5.1 mainly because in 5.0 people will shuffle through gear at a pretty high rate (Cata-gear, quest greens, heroic blues, raid/VP epics), so it won't pay off for the players to use something like valor-upgrading until 5.1 anyway when new gear is a bit less frequent.

They didn't completely shut off the possibility for higher itemlevel VP gear later on (For gearing up to do later raids, when LFR runs to the first set of MoP raids has died down), but that's something they'll look into later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    September 25: MoP launches
    October 2: Mogu'shan Vaults (normal) opens
    October 9: Mogu'shan Vaults (LFR) opens, those who cleared normal Vaults can access heroic mode
    October 30: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (normal) open, with Terrace only accessible by clearing Heart
    November 6: Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring (LFR) open; queuing for Terrace requires clearing Heart. Those who cleared normal Heart can access heroic Heart, same for Terrace.

Valor Point upgrades will (at the earliest) be in at 5.1. More details about how it will work will be released at a later date.
    All 3 of MoP's raids are being released within 3 months of launch? That's disappointing to say the least :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonWarrior View Post
    All 3 of MoP's raids are being released within 3 months of launch? That's disappointing to say the least :/.
    Those are the three launch raids, not all of the expansion's raids.

Oh good. I was under the impression the whole time MoP only had 3 raids in total. What great news Rivin.
    Last edited by AnonWarrior; 2012-09-03 at 10:43 PM.

I sure hope that there will be interesting things to spend VP on.
    If the upgrades are coming in 5.1 and we're getting lfr gear? On what will we be spending those vp's, as there is a cap of 3000 total and 1000 per week.
    In three weeks vp cap is reached and 5.1 will hit months after.

Was there anything on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I sure hope that there will be interesting things to spend VP on.
    If the upgrades are coming in 5.1 and we're getting lfr gear? On what will we be spending those vp's, as there is a cap of 3000 total and 1000 per week.
    In three weeks vp cap is reached and 5.1 will hit months after.

Was there anything on that?
    Well when cata hit i had lots of stuff to buy with valor. when 4.2 and 4.3 hit i only had 2-3 pieces of bis. Valor after all was planned to smoothen out bad drop luck. I dont think there needs to be enough stuff so i can spend all my valor every week,