Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Spriest for MoP?

Hey guys! Currently I am a non WoW subscriber, because I quit WoW a couple months ago due to the fact that all my friends had quit because they cata sucked. I stuck around for a bit, but I had no fun because I didnt play with anyone. Anywho, I currently have 1 85 Hunter, and 1 85 Shaman. I've always wanted to roll a Shadow Priest, and I think they can do ALOT of DPS in raids if played well. I've rarely seen any good Shadow Priests, and I love them. Do you guys think that Shadow Priests will be in good in MoP? Discuss, Go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go to the priest forum on the wow website. There are a few megathreads that discuss Spriests and MOP.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Nothing for priests is anywhere near complete, nothing is really locked down so a definite yes or no can't be given. But take it from somebody who has been shadow since the end of wrath and has dealt with all of the changes to rotation and whatnot,.................shadowpriests are awesome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    Nothing for priests is anywhere near complete, nothing is really locked down so a definite yes or no can't be given. But take it from somebody who has been shadow since the end of wrath and has dealt with all of the changes to rotation and whatnot,.................shadowpriests are awesome.
    changes to rotation?
    whatnot? what is that "whatnot"?

Shadow priests have been the same since release.

Shadow weaving (wrath),......Empowered shadows,.....shadowy apparitions,....mind spike

anything else?
    Last edited by Greywardenn; 2012-03-20 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    All spriests have not had DP... sw: d has not always had it's execute aspect... spirit has not always been usable for hit rating... No more misery... plus the things Greywarden listed and more besides. You might want to reconsider making uninformed statements like that.

Thanks for the backup Arlee,....would have mentioned all of those (with the exception of Misery as I completely forgot about it) as well but didn't want to come off combative. Appreciate the fort being held down on this forum continuously against people who make uninformed statements.

Deleted
    i liked it when spirit gave spell power

and you could use inner focus with mind blast

and you'd spec into threat reduction cos your dps was so leet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    i liked it when spirit gave spell power

and you could use inner focus with mind blast

and you'd spec into threat reduction cos your dps was so leet.
    I remember having all the threat reduction talents in black temple - and still having to stop dps or toggle off VE because my threat was pulling off the tanks (and we had good tanks, too!) VE was amazinggggggggggggggggggggggg *sparkly eyes*
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    All spriests have not had DP... sw: d has not always had it's execute aspect... spirit has not always been usable for hit rating... No more misery... plus the things Greywarden listed and more besides. You might want to reconsider making uninformed statements like that.
    Just to comment on this:
    Misery and Shadowweaving (if at all) affected the opening, not the rotation.
    Spirit to hit just made gearing easier, it didn't change gameplay.
    Shadowy Apparitions don't change gameplay, they're an occasional visual upgrade to SW:P.
    Shadow Orbs (again) don't change your rotation, you cast MB on cooldown.
    Mindspike is used in PvP mainly (unless you have T13 4pc, which is one single raiding tier).

For rotations it was like this (classic left out)

BC: Keep Dots Up (for Nelf and UD Priests there was 1 additional Dots which was cast on cooldown, the rest had 2), Mindblast on CD, else MF as filler (Mf clipping in BC ftw btw.)
    WotLK: Keep Dots Up (SW:P as auto refresh, 2 DoTs you have to cast), Mindblast on CD, MF as filler
    Cataclysm: Keep Dots Up (the same two as WotLK), Mindblast on CD, Mf as Filler, SW < 25% bosshealth. (Yay, we finally get to use a spell we learned at BC, but yet again we need a set bonus to savely use it. Btw, backlash was the reason it wasn't used during BC)...

So basically, shadow priest played the same since WotLk (while you could also they BC). Any changes made to shadowpriests since BC were purely passive and had no signifcant impact on the gameplay at all.
    If at all i'd say the most notable change was the DoT-Clipping change that affect when whe reapplied our DoTs.

So to say: Reconsider making uninf.....

I remember having all the threat reduction talents in black temple - and still having to stop dps or toggle off VE because my threat was pulling off the tanks (and we had good tanks, too!) VE was amazinggggggggggggggggggggggg *sparkly eyes*
    The only two fights where VE healing was problematic were Bloodboil in BT and Brutallus in Sunwell.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2012-03-20 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    So basically, shadow priest played the same since WotLk (while you could also they BC). Any changes made to shadowpriests since BC were purely passive and had no signifcant impact on the gameplay at all.
    If at all i'd say the most notable change was the DoT-Clipping change that affect when whe reapplied our DoTs.

So to say: Reconsider making uninf.....
    Except the original comment was:

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    So it wasn't that they have played the same... It was that they ARE the same... which are completely different things... so yea I guess good try?

Spriests have become more powerful, imo, since the days of yore when they were brought for replenishment. That was because of Blizzard's intentional departure from the philosophy that "hybrid dps shouldn't do as much damage as pure dps," which put spriests and ele shamans at the bottom of the totem pole.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    So it wasn't that they have played the same... It was that they ARE the same... which are completely different things... so yea I guess good try?
    Better take the full original comment from the guy:

changes to rotation?
    whatnot? what is that "whatnot"?

It's pretty clear from this that he was talking about rotation/gameplay, not some passive additions (or visual upgrades).

So yea... wanna try again?
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2012-03-20 at 10:16 PM.

Really? I never said anything about the "changes to rotation" being a misinformed statement. Just the last part... if he meant specifically that the rotation hadn't changed since release then he should have said that but he didn't. He made separate statements. Also.. guess what it's still wrong because ahmg we had MS/MB rotation at release, really??? I totally don't remember that... must be me getting old or something. That's just the most obvious example.

Deleted
    Also, DP having a CD as long as it's duration, and VE being a debuff you had to apply.

I dunno, there's so many things that keep popping into my head, our rotation has changed, seems to be minor stuff happening often. Other classes (like warlocks / druids / whatever) had some major revamps, but had pretty much no changes prior to the revamp for an xpac or more and not much since, spriests didn't get much for the xpac, but seems to be continually addressed. Although admittedly not much during cata release, other than number balancing.

SW was used on cooldown in BC except when predictable or ridiculous amounts of raid damage happened, at least as far as I remember. Also, no more bragging rights for legitimately refilling your party's mana bar two or three times during a fight, and no longer being the only caster legitimately worried about your mana (well, arcane mages).

Didn't raid seriously pre-BC, but iirc, rotation back then was way different, maybe even just Pain and Flay and the occasional Blast (no VT/Death/fiend, Blast had double threat, bosses with 8-debuff cap I think and we'd use 4?)

But, yes, way more changes for other classes. I quit a month into Wrath and picked it back up mid-Firelands patch, pretty much nothing new to learn besides gearing and not keeping Death on cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's no telling how we'll scale at 90 right now. In terms of how "fun" our class looks, and how innovative and interesting our "MoP" talents and abilities look, I strongly suggest you play another class. ANY other class.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Just to comment on this:

Cataclysm: Mindblast on CD
    That`s how you play ? You kinda lose ES uptime if you do that ...

Quote Originally Posted by rekinash View Post
    That`s how you play ? You kinda lose ES uptime if you do that ...
    That's NOT how you play?

Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    That's NOT how you play?

Huh.
    Hold Blast until you have 1 orb for maxing ES. Afaik, it's mostly up to personal preference; there's no definite answer as to which you should do.