Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is the most efficient way to gear up now?

Quick thoughts on the current gearing system. But first, I just jumped back into the game with a scroll and only did a few LFR's before a little break and am planning to raid 25m The thing I want to know is with LFR/VALOR GEAR/ and then DS-10/25, what do you guys thing is the most recommended way for someone gearing up to raid 25m? It seems like doing LFR/valor points/DS 10, and then gemming/enchanting so many pieces, would lead to a lot of very quick and wasted gold and gear replacements. Am I looking at that correct? Is that the way it this tier is intended to go?

Deleted
    "New" 5 mans provide all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Viene View Post
    So in your opinion the 5man's gear is sufficient to jump into 25, and just ignore the LFR/valor stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by normallyinsane View Post
    So in your opinion the 5man's gear is sufficient to jump into 25, and just ignore the LFR/valor stuff?
    Well you can't start raiding 25 directly after hitting 85, I think he meant that's where you'll start.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

You didn't say anything about your spec...
    But yes, you can run 5 mans while farming gear in LFR and then you are ready to raid 25 man. But trying to win something in LFR can be really frustrating, so I would run 5 mans to the death (until I am full 378 ilevel). For now you can use old blue gems, reforge and top chants (they are not expansive at all). Honestly you can perform completely fine at 378 ilevel as healer in 25 normal.

He's saying that running the newest 5-mans will bring you up to a default item level of 378. You get valor by running these, so any major upgrade(s) that you need should be replaced first by valor gear. Gemming and enchanting is not as expensive as you claim, by the way. Get your hands on a few carnelians and enchant your gear with secondary stats if you have to.

Personally, I would complete LFR first and then continue to run the 5-mans until your valor is capped out. You should also run Baradin Hold every week. Continue to do this and after a few weeks you should be at 385 easily, and that's before raiding. EDIT: Before "normal" raiding.

Run boths halves of LFR. That will give you any 384 gear you can get as well as some 390 trinkets/weapons if you get lucky. It will also get you to 500/1000 for your valor cap. Then run at least 4 more Hour of Twilight heroics to get to 1000/1000 Valor for the week. Make sure you keep capping every week and spend your VP on a cloak and a relic first (if your class uses one) since those slots can ONLY be filled with valor gear. After that just use valor to replace your lowest item level slot. After you're valor capped you can run more HoT heroics for gear but don't bother with LFR since you can only kill each boss for gear once. Not sure how long you've been gone from WoW but 10m and 25m are the same difficulty and drop the same ilvl gear now. They also share a lockout so running 10m to gear for 25m isn't a thing anymore. In fact 10m is harder a lot of the time. Back on topic, just make sure you valor cap every week and you should be fine. If you're a good raider you should only need about 380 ilvl for DS normal unless maybe you're a tank. Even then the 10% nerf has made DS faceroll for most guilds.

/end rant

good luck!

edit: whoops, got linked here from the front page and didn't realize this was the priest forums. Clearly you won't be tanking.

Hehe, ofc past the 85 part I mean, I'm just a bit confused as to what the intended gear up for 25m is here, I'm guessing it is to allow quick access(LFR), valor point gear, and the 3 HOT dungeons are the prequisite to all. I guess that's it then. I'll use all 3 and just get what i can, the 397 valor stuff will last the longest so I won't use expensive enchants/gems on the LFR/hot stuff to keep from wasting too much gold and stuff. Thx for tips.

Obviously, the Valor point gear is better than the gear from the new 5 mans, but you can't get much Valor gear right away. Gear out all your slots from the 5mans and start raiding. Then you can start worrying about buying Valor point gear. Run both halves of LFR Dragon Soul every week as long as you have the time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Viene View Post
    Well,well, look who's on MMOChamp! :d

Deleted
    Ding 85 > Buy VP boots + bracer > Buy full set of 377 PVP gear (don't have to equip and you don't have to buy boots/bracer naturally) > Do new 5man dungeons > Buy JP items > Do LFR when you hit ilvl 372 > Do DS when you're 378+. With a bit of luck you can hit 380 ilvl in 1 day, though it can be hard to find a raid at ilvl 380 since people want to be carried more often than not.

Also DS10 = DS25 in terms of gear required, heck it might even be lower since you can easily get carried in DS25.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-03-12 at 09:54 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    New heroics + Valor capped every week coupled with LFR should have you raid ready in no time.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

Deleted
    Btw it is good idea to equip that 377 pvp gear (+ all possible boe's of course if gold is not problem), they huge upgrade compared to quest items, maybe even better than 346 from old heroics and gives good start, allowing to skip lot of grind from quest greens to ZA/ZG level... overstepping basically whole old 346 heroic stage. I thing biggest problem is weapon, need luck to get 378 caster weapon from random heroics. Maybe would be worth doing bit pvp to get decent weapon and it does not hurt that highest level pvp gear is decent to cover missing pve gear.

Especially if you do randoms as healer, going those with quest green can be very painful.

you dont have to equip 377 gear, just have it in your inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggity View Post
    you dont have to equip 377 gear, just have it in your inventory.
    Would be awesome if people wouldn't advocate cheating the system here. Thanks.

After hitting ilvl 372, get guildies/friends to join LFR with you to roll on and feed you gear.

buy 377 ilvl pvp items, jump into LFR an HoT dungeons. that's what i do.

and reforge the pvp items, yes.

hit 85 -> buy 377gear -> HoT & LFR & Baradin Hold -> ??? -> profit

15+ Year Old Account
    My guild generally won't let new people raid (3-4 10m's usually) unless they're running both halves of LFR every week - it's about demonstrating commitment and knowing the basic fight mechanics fluently more than item level. Beyond that we've brought in fresh toons to heroic DS runs if the player is good (or if we're short and feeling cocky).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

5 mans, buy the vp boots or bracers, gold permitting. And save your valor for neck/rings etc quickest way imo.