Poll: What other MMO's will you play?

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's pretty single minded.
    I think the word you're looking for is "narrow-minded", if you wanna insult me do it right. We're all single minded unless you have evolved to a greater being and have two consciences.

And what else am I suppose to base my opinion from? Playing the game? The game isn't released. If it was, then I'd try a demo. Since it's not, I'll just watch videos that I see linked. I'm not really interested in the game to look it up, but if someone links a video and expects me to love the game from the video, then that is pretty -narrow-minded-. I didn't go into the TSW thread and bash it, because I don't care about the game, neither negatively or positively. But if you link a video of the game, then I will base my opinion on what I see, and you can't expect me to love the game, especially when the video makes the game look like it's aimed at horny teenagers.

And also, it's not like that video is any old random fan made video. It's a video the devs chose to represent their game at a convention/public event... you'd think they'd choose something more interesting.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-03-16 at 02:13 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

I plan on raiding in Wow with my guild still they are good people and we have fun. Gw2 will be putting a dent in my time commitment to wow for sure though, its great with the no sub the 2 games are very sympatico I think and plan on enjoying both of them.

I think the word you're looking for is "narrow-minded", if you wanna insult me do it right.
    Whos insulting who?

And what else am I suppose to base my opinion from? Playing the game? The game isn't released. If it was, then I'd try a demo. Since it's not, I'll just watch videos that I see linked. I'm not really interested in the game to look it up, but if someone links a video and expects me to love the game from the video, then that is pretty -narrow-minded-.
    When did I state that "this video will make you love TSW"? I can re quote myself a thousand times but I can't force you to read.

I didn't go into the TSW thread and bash it, because I don't care about the game, neither negatively or positively. But if you link a video of the game, then I will base my opinion on what I see, and you can't expect me to love the game, especially when the video makes the game look like it's aimed at horny teenagers.
    Yea base your opinion on the intro video to the dragon race, not the entire game. That scene is anything but for horny teenagers, it has a deeper meaning but since you refuse to actually know about the game besides the crappy videos we have you wouldn't know about it unless you read up on it. You're not going to find some great videos on it since its still in development.

And also, it's not like that video is any old random fan made video. It's a video the devs chose to represent their game at a convention/public event... you'd think they'd choose something more interesting.
    Once again, deeper meaning and intro to the dragon faction. Plus it's not the only thing they displayed.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The fact that you say something such as your first line makes me not even want to bother with you. You aren't very good at arguing, I've seen you try to do it with many people on this forum.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The fact that you say something such as your first line makes me not even want to bother with you. You aren't very good at arguing, I've seen you try to do it with many people on this forum.
    I'm not trying to insult anyone, you need to cool your head. It's just pretty ignorant you're basing the game off one intro scene, if you don't like the intro scene that's fine. Not everyone will, but its ignorant to base the game off it and then refuse to actually learn about the game unless its from a video.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-16 at 02:33 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'm playing SWTOR right now and am having quite a bit of fun with it, so I'll continue to play it when GW2 is released. I will probably let the SWTOR sub lapse now and then though while waiting for content patches or expansions, and focus on GW2 exclusively during those times.

I think it would be great if as GW2 players we could foster the idea thats its ok to play more then one mmo and not get all butthurt over someone liking another mmo as well as GW2. I think the best thing for GW2 is for it not to compete with WoW but try to be its own thing and a fun alternative to raiding. I really hope I can play both and be good at both and meet good people in both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huggabear View Post
    I think it would be great if as GW2 players we could foster the idea thats its ok to play more then one mmo and not get all butthurt over someone liking another mmo as well as GW2. I think the best thing for GW2 is for it not to compete with WoW but try to be its own thing and a fun alternative to raiding. I really hope I can play both and be good at both and meet good people in both.
    Oh come on we all know GW2 is the next reincarnation of Jesus, and everyone who has a computer will play it 24/7. Noone could play another MMO!
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I don't think the two things are necessary connected. On one side I feel like it's great when ppl play multitude of games including potentially GW2. By buying a game you become like a tiny sponsor to gamining industry and that is great.

On the other hand I don't like what Blizz is doing with WoW. But those two things ... not connected. Even without GW2 I would still not like Blizz work on WoW and would support other developers instead. But that is my own thing and it's a free world ... play what you want.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    I don't think the two things are necessary connected. On one side I feel like it's great when ppl play multitude of games including potentially GW2. By buying a game you become like a tiny sponsor to gamining industry and that is great.

On the other hand I don't like what Blizz is doing with WoW. But those two things ... not connected. Even without GW2 I would still not like Blizz work on WoW and would support other developers instead. But that is my own thing and it's a free world ... play what you want.
    Not saying it has to be wow at all. Thats my plan I am just saying we need to look at it in a better way and be ok with peeps playing GW2 and another mmo not telling them how there other one sucks and they are stupid for playing it.

Not saying it has to be wow at all. Thats my plan I am just saying we need to look at it in a better way and be ok with peeps playing GW2 and another mmo not telling them how there other one sucks and they are stupid for playing it.
    Yeah, they say not forcing your opinions on others is sign of maturity and frankly quite sexy ... now we just need to grow up

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    I'll probably be playing WoW if MoP is good, otherwise I might jump the Rift train.

I don't think I can go back to playing a game with WoW/SWTOR/Rift type combat ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think I can go back to playing a game with WoW/SWTOR/Rift type combat ever again.
    Interesting. Do you feel it is because you tired of that style of combat or never enjoyed that style of combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Interesting. Do you feel it is because you tired of that style of combat or never enjoyed that style of combat?
    I've grown really tired of it. And after playing games such as Vindictus, Tera, Dragon Nest, various FPS games the typical hotkey tab target global cooldown slow combat just is monotonous and boring. I tried playing SWTOR last night before my sub runs out (haven't played in over a month) and the combat just bored me to tears after 10 minutes. I really don't think I can return to that type of combat again.

Heck, playing a TPS like Mass Effect 3 had much more enjoyable combat for me. Anyway, the bottom line is that tastes change and as of right now I don't see myself going back.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2012-03-16 at 05:29 PM.

WoW for raiding
    GW2
    Rift for noobing about doing acheives and events
    possibly The Secret World when more information is forthcoming from the Beta.

If Diablo 3 counts as MMO, then I think i'll be playing that along GW2.
    Last edited by Crow_eyeS; 2012-03-16 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    People playing games for fun, the BASTARDS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I've grown really tired of it. And after playing games such as Vindictus, Tera, Dragon Nest, various FPS games the typical hotkey tab target global cooldown slow combat just is monotonous and boring. I tried playing SWTOR last night before my sub runs out (haven't played in over a month) and the combat just bored me to tears after 10 minutes. I really don't think I can return to that type of combat again.

Heck, playing a TPS like Mass Effect 3 had much more enjoyable combat for me. Anyway, the bottom line is that tastes change and as of right now I don't see myself going back.
    Gotta agree with you on that, though in my case I never enjoyed that style of combat to begin with.

Deleted
    Personally, I'm enjoying myself quite well in RIFT, and I'll likely continue to play it together with Guild Wars 2. TERA however also looks very promising, and even though I quit WoW, perhaps the MoP Beta might root me into WoW again for a while... So I guess all three of them are options for me. Though I'll only be playing one of them, of course.

Chose "other" - since I wont be playing any other mmo except Guild Wars 2.
    Especially sub fee based rubbish.