Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    I'm not the greatest finding out where my computer is on the ranking, especially for specs. I've only ever bought $350-500 laptops, and a lot of other people are running on MUCH better graphics cards then what I've got.

Processor: AMD A6-Series
    Processor speed: 2.4 ghz
    RAM: 8gb DDR3
    Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6520G

Can this run it? If so, on what setting?
    Thanks
    You should be fine, 8gigs ddr3 is more then enough memory, the cpu speed is ok the card should be more then plenty, might need to lower shadows you wont know for totally sure till you have the game but your safe man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it a bad sign that i have the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    Is it a bad sign that i have the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2?
    Your Cpu still beats my old pos.

2002 model Emachines Desktop, 512mb ram no vid card, it had AGP Graphics port.
    I got an amd card for it from a guildie, and another 512mb ram for 100bucks.

I think it was a single core cpu at less then 1ghz.

I ran on that at like 3fps for all of wow up till cata.
    Then i custom built my own rig.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I used that "can you run it" website which seemed to rate my machine more than high enough... but I'm a little confused about this line "CPU Speed: You Have: 2.7 GHz Performance Rated at: 6.08 GHz"

What's going on there? why is performance rated a little higher than double what I seem to have?

------
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4850
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 3326MB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    So, I used that "can you run it" website which seemed to rate my machine more than high enough... but I'm a little confused about this line "CPU Speed: You Have: 2.7 GHz Performance Rated at: 6.08 GHz"

What's going on there? why is performance rated a little higher than double what I seem to have?
    Sounds like a faulty test to me unless its counting all your cores and adding it up all together... that would be weird... 6.08 Is an insanely high overclock. I'm not sure you can do that on air.

10+ Year Old Account

------
    Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4850
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 3326MB RAM
    The wow and swtor and guildwars2 performance tests told me that my vid card with 1gig ram had 3gigs.

What happened is Your cpu was in turbo when the test was done, and it multiplied "Badly" the 4 cores to the core clock, and thinks the total speed must be over 6ghz.

Deleted
    I really hate those GPU only graphs. I don't think they're particularly good at gauging what sort of graphical experience you'll get from a game unless anyone and everyone using them has the understanding that you will probably need an equivalent CPU.

Personally, I have a 5770 but also only a 3GHz Core 2 Duo E8400 so there is no way in hell I'll be running the game at 'very high'. That's just nonsense, however well the game is going to be optimised. Would still be interested to hear an estimate of what my system will (realistically) handle, though.

On a more positive note, I did read somewhere that ArenaNet invested a lot of money in old hardware so they could get the game to play smoothly on the widest range of systems possible. It was pleasing to hear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm running a EVGA 9500 GT in my rig and I think it's funny that the performance gap between a 9400 and 9800 is huge (they don't even list my card on there, gj GW2G)!
    Honestly, I don't really hold to many sticks to the fire when it comes to GW2G users "facts and evidence". Most of the time they're just blowing smoke into small, fleshy holes.

I believe my rig will be able to run GW2G on low settings. I have the same exact processor they have listed, and my GPU is a little bit better than what they have listed. On top of it I have 4 gigs of RAM and a pretty damn decent motherboard (MSI).

However, the ideal rig for playing this game would only cost you 560 USD if you build it yourself (peripherals not included). Here is the list for those of you who are planning to upgrade like I am:
    • Motherbard: MSI 970A-G45 AMD 9 Series.
    • CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition.
    • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4gb DDR3 (one stick), or 8gb DDR3, if you'd like (2 sticks).
    • GPU: EVGA GeForce 550 Ti Superclocked 1gb.
    • HDD/Mechanical Drive: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
    • Disk Drive/reader: Sony Aptiarc 24x DVDRW Drive (or your existing one, if you want to save money).
    • Case: Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430.
    • Power Supply: Cooler Master Elite Series 460W

If you're and intel and/or ATi fan, then tough shit, this is my favored build. You can also check this build out and get links to the parts (via TigerDirect) on my site linked in my signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the replies guys... I've been considering buying a new computer, but I guess I'll tough it out and see how well this one can play D3 and GW2. I'm in South Korea, and it's a little more expensive than you would expect for high spec computers ;(

Deleted
    inter core i5 CPU 650 3.20 GZ
    6GB Ram
    Radeon HD 6960

I'm not that computer savvy, will this be enough or would you need more info?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    However, the ideal rig for playing this game would only cost you 560 USD if you build it yourself (peripherals not included). Here is the list for those of you who are planning to upgrade like I am:
    • RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4gb DDR3 (one stick), or 8gb DDR3, if you'd like (2 sticks).
    • Disk Drive/reader: Sony Aptiarc 24x DVDRW Drive (or your existing one, if you want to save money).

If you're and intel and/or ATi fan, then tough shit, this is my favored build. You can also check this build out and get links to the parts (via TigerDirect) on my site linked in my signature.
    Ehhh I wouldn't waste my money building that. It will be an OK computer... for about a year or two. If you are going to get a new computer, save up a little bit more and buy something that will last a longer, you'll save more in the long run.

Wow those are quite low requirements for a modern game. One of my older gameing rigs that was built around 5 years ago would have made all but the vid card requirements, my current one probably wont even break a sweat.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Wow those are quite low requirements for a modern game. One of my older gameing rigs that was built around 5 years ago would have made all but the vid card requirements, my current one probably wont even break a sweat.
    Yeah, but I wouldn't doubt that if you have just those bare minimum requirements, you won't be able to play WvWvW, dynamic events, go in cities, without lagging to death. It's probably just playable when you're alone in the world...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I'm running a EVGA 9500 GT in my rig and I think it's funny that the performance gap between a 9400 and 9800 is huge (they don't even list my card on there, gj GW2G)!
    Honestly, I don't really hold to many sticks to the fire when it comes to GW2G users "facts and evidence". Most of the time they're just blowing smoke into small, fleshy holes.

I believe my rig will be able to run GW2G on low settings. I have the same exact processor they have listed, and my GPU is a little bit better than what they have listed. On top of it I have 4 gigs of RAM and a pretty damn decent motherboard (MSI).

If you want to favour amd then get amd patriot ram.

Long time ago I bothered reading up on computer hardware news and stuff.. so..

Windows 7 64 bit
    GA-MA790X-UD3P
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
    8192MB RAM (DDR2 800 MHz)
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Yes, according to the chart my graphics card will be able to run it on ultra... however my CPU, MB and RAM is a few years old.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yeah, but I wouldn't doubt that if you have just those bare minimum requirements, you won't be able to play WvWvW, dynamic events, go in cities, without lagging to death. It's probably just playable when you're alone in the world...
    I'm sure ANet would include wvwvw, dynamic events and cities to their minimum requirements test or wtf is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I'm sure ANet would include wvwvw, dynamic events and cities to their minimum requirements test or wtf is the point?
    The point is that they can make the game look even a bit more amazing by including very low minimum requirements, and they're not lying when they say it because you'll still technically be able to play the game, just not when anything intensive is happening. All games do it.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Hi, just wondering how my laptop will fair?

Processor: Intel(R) Core i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 4GB RAM
    Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
    Display: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Video Memory: 512 MB (1.6GB shared)

I'm pretty computer illiterate, but I can play Skyrim fluidly at medium settings (low shadows though) but I realise that this game may be completely different in requirement. I would just like to play the game fluidly (I'm not bothered about low settings). Is this possible with my specs?

Quad core ~ double dual core.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blah screw my Nvidia 520 GT card!!! Holding me bak soo much