Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New race(s) in expansion?

I know the first expansion is a ways off (1.5 - 2 years possibly), but just wanted to hear what race(s) people would like to see playable in the first expansion.

Personally, I'd love to see Voss playable (by both factions). What do others want?

Would love voss aye. I love the vocoder sound on their voice and the exotic looks. Judging from bioware's attitude so far, i presusme it will be a freebie tho

Deleted
    Quite a few I wouldn't mind seeing being implemented, do hope for Wookie though but that would get on your nerves after awhile with all the growling and roars.

What would be best is if they work on better racials for the existing races but thats my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Cathar playable. I've wondered why they weren't already a playable race since the first time I saw them in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    gimme selkaths

I want to be a Trandoshan Qyzen fess lizard person.
    Last edited by Height; 2012-03-13 at 05:07 PM.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    The voss would make sense, going by the story line of the planet, the Light side would get Voss, the dark side would get the other beasty looking geezers... (can;t remember their name) but they are actually the same race but they followed light / dark side and changed their appearance over thousands? of years

As was said before I figure they(Bioware) will add a few more races for free before the first expansion. Togruta, Weequay, Rodian, and Kel Dor are some I would like to see. Of course I think playable Droid would be amazing!

JAWA. They're the cutest thing in SW:TOR. Go watch some videos of Blizz and his conversations with the BH. Adorable. I'd love to be a Jawa Inquisitor. I don't care if I have to repeat the same line of jawa gibberish over and over again. It's adorable.

But, failing Jawa, I would gladly be a Voss or Togruta.
    /dance

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    As was said before I figure they(Bioware) will add a few more races for free before the first expansion. Togruta, Weequay, Rodian, and Kel Dor are some I would like to see. Of course I think playable Droid would be amazing!
    Rodian Smuggler = full of win!
    Perenolde-US: Mousetracks - L90 NE rogue | Drugard - L90 HU paladin | Ceinwein - L90 NE hunter | Mychamois - L90 DR shaman | Background - L90 HU priest | Dodgecharger - L90 HU warrior | Jeaine - L90 HU warlock | Syryna - L87 HU DK | Kttysoftpaws - L1 NE drood

Quel'dorei-US: Lastyearsman - L57 OR DK | Seksilexi - L29 UD rogue | Prettypretty - L12 BE hunter

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anything goes for the first expansion. They can do just about whatever they want, including droids for that matter. The sky's the limit.

But until then we have to be realistic about what playable species could be added in a patch. They need to be able to speak Basic so they can use the existing audio tracks for quest cutscenes. They also probably need to fit into the standard character height(s) for purposes of camera placement. That limits the list somewhat, but still leaves room for a lot of possibilities.

Personally, I have to ask... Where all my Bothans at?
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see a Cathar, Voss on the LS and the devil race and Rodans as DS payable. its just my two cents

Deleted
    hutts.
    maaaybe ewoks.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalang View Post
    I want to be a Trandoshan Qyzen fess lizard person.
    Ah yeah.

And for anyone trying to propose "light gets X, dark gets Y" that doesn't really apply since in 1.2 if you hit 50 with a race you can use it for any class (yes, you can have Pureblood Troopers and Miraluka Bounty Hunters)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Turians please

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Turians please
    Krogan! Wrex > Garrus.

Deleted
    Don't forget to use the search function, I created a similar thread a few months ago

OT : I know it may sound cheesy, but I'd really like to see Wookiees, even as a non-force-sensitive race. They would be Republic-sided, of course, so I'd introduce Hutts on walking/flying pods, like Karagga, on the Imperial side as a new non-force-sensitive race.

We also need MonCalamari asap !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drowland1976 View Post
    Rodian Smuggler = full of win!

This a million times though Id be a BH.

Mon Calamari!
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And for anyone trying to propose "light gets X, dark gets Y" that doesn't really apply since in 1.2 if you hit 50 with a race you can use it for any class (yes, you can have Pureblood Troopers and Miraluka Bounty Hunters)
    Well that and the fact that you can be either faction and be lightside or darkside.... so that sort of delineation wouldn't work well in the game.