Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to play a Togruta. (The race of the companion Ashara Zavros).

I always thought Nikto and Kaleesh would be fun to play as.

Deleted
    I would like something that doesn't look human with new skintone.
    Real aliens! Beasts! I think it's so weird when they call "the slave races" aliens. To me they are humans with different skin color.

- Cathar, Selonians, Kalesh, Talz, Yawa... anything that doesn't look human!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cathar. No excuses.
    Scratch a cynic and you'll find a disappointed idealist - George Carlin (1937-2008)

Star Wars: The Old Republic developed by Blizzard-
    "Ok we should put some more races in this expansion, suggestions?"
    "Wookies; they're a big tough non-human race, they've featured across the franchise since 1977, no one hates wookies"
    "and Jawas, they're short and cute and have good humour value, they're also a great contrast to wookies. maybe not everyone will go for it but those that will will love them."
    "Rodians; they're a normal sized humanoid but have that completely alien look without being a human in green makeup. Also a complete classic."
    "Togruta because they're popular in the most recent material. The colours are really striking as well from a design standpoint. Plus Shaak Ti was kinda smexy and lots of people think Ahsoka Tano is pretty neat."

Star Wars: The Old Republic developed by Bioware-
    "Just go through the expanded universe and find humanoids we can throw a skin tint over and apply the existing hair and cybernetics, maybe put a forehead appliance on them like Star Trek"
    "Hey, I've got a good one; Alderaanians and Corellians"
    "Lol they're going to shit kittens when we announce this"
    /highfive

-end of line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt theyll risk more "painted humans".. I vote yoda race.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Deleted
    I'd have to say Kaleesh and Cathar.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nautolan http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rodian, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Weequay or http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devaronian

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    Doubt theyll risk more "painted humans".. I vote yoda race.
    Yoda race is never going to happen. It doesn't even have a name and there are only 6 or7 of them mentioned in any SW lore.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    Krogan! Wrex > Garrus.
    I'm with you man.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    "Wookies; they're a big tough non-human race, they've featured across the franchise since 1977, no one hates wookies"
    "and Jawas, they're short and cute and have good humour value, they're also a great contrast to wookies. maybe not everyone will go for it but those that will will love them."
    "Rodians; they're a normal sized humanoid but have that completely alien look without being a human in green makeup. Also a complete classic."
    "Togruta because they're popular in the most recent material. The colours are really striking as well from a design standpoint. Plus Shaak Ti was kinda smexy and lots of people think Ahsoka Tano is pretty neat."

Star Wars: The Old Republic developed by Bioware-
    "Just go through the expanded universe and find humanoids we can throw a skin tint over and apply the existing hair and cybernetics, maybe put a forehead appliance on them like Star Trek"
    "Hey, I've got a good one; Alderaanians and Corellians"
    "Lol they're going to shit kittens when we announce this"
    /highfive

-end of line.
    I'm not pretty sure about who is lamer there.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nautolan http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rodian, http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Weequay or http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Devaronian

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 10:11 AM ----------

Yoda race is never going to happen. It doesn't even have a name and there are only 6 or7 of them mentioned in any SW lore.
    We were discussing them, and Lucas has actually put a full stop to any attempts to make them playable at least until he can create their story.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Jawa, Yoda's race, hamster people (like the doctor on corellia), Rodian, Mon Calamari.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenegade42 View Post
    Considering every time someone says something about anything requiring new models or skins blizzards response is; "we dont have the resources" or that the art department is really busy or w/e and then they release a new mount or pet on the blizz store for just under the cost of a two month subscription. I very seriously doubt it would happen even close to that.

You have to remember, if bioware wants a wookie to take a crap in swtor it has to be approved through lucas first. That and if i remember correctly Bioware said they went humanoid so people would feel a connection to their toon's. Unlike blizzard, bioware's actually listening to is customers and making changes the players actually want. So I figure that they will add more races in the future. Unlike blizzard, I dont expect they'll make you pay for an expansion to get the it. Besides by having the companions in the game being all the different races, they're better able to get feed back on which races people liked the most and thus will be able to develop races we're more likely to play. Eg, whats the point in developing a race that everyone hates and it never gets played. It'd be a waste of developing time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanero View Post
    JAWA. They're the cutest thing in SW:TOR. Go watch some videos of Blizz and his conversations with the BH. Adorable. I'd love to be a Jawa Inquisitor. I don't care if I have to repeat the same line of jawa gibberish over and over again. It's adorable.

But, failing Jawa, I would gladly be a Voss or Togruta.
    If they made Jawa a playable race, I would in fact buy this game in a heartbeat.

I believe we will see new races long before a real addon.
    Simply because most of the aliens in the Star Wars Universe are humanoid and are already in the game. The Body Models and Anmiations are the ones of the already available races. So this is in no way an equally big deal like in WoW. The only thing holding them back is the voice over. I firmly believe we will see lots of them in 1.3.

Personally, what I'd like to see most are droids and hutts, but those not among the easy ones.

Deleted
    My take on the voss.
    You can come from a long line of a certain side, but you are the newest generation, and growing up, you can do whatever it is you want.

In case im too vague. Two jedis make babby, babby grows up as jedi, then babby is sith!

I know a lot of people want various less-than-human races, but I get a feeling that Bioware isn't thrilled by the idea of recording hours of screeching and yowling.

This thread is full of win, thanks guys. Best ones so far IMHO:
    * Voss (jedi, sith, trooper, agent)
    * Togruta (jedi, sith)
    * Rodian (smuggler, bounty hunter)
    * Nikto (trooper, smuggler, agent, bounty hunter)
    * Cathar

As to the other races, the "less painted human" ones, sure they have the art in the game for them, but players want their gear to show. They'd have to modify all the gear artwork to fit on the other models. Note all the models of those aliens in-game have generic "clothing" on them all the time...
    Perenolde-US: Mousetracks - L90 NE rogue | Drugard - L90 HU paladin | Ceinwein - L90 NE hunter | Mychamois - L90 DR shaman | Background - L90 HU priest | Dodgecharger - L90 HU warrior | Jeaine - L90 HU warlock | Syryna - L87 HU DK | Kttysoftpaws - L1 NE drood

Quel'dorei-US: Lastyearsman - L57 OR DK | Seksilexi - L29 UD rogue | Prettypretty - L12 BE hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    This one is easy. Wookies for the Rebels, Trandoshan for the Empire. If I could play a bounty hunter Trandoshan I'd be playing SWTOR right now.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-03-14 at 03:30 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

For 1.2, no. In farther patches and as early as 1.3 I expect there to be. From what I saw in server notes, the next two will be Cathar for Republic and Devorian(Spelling?) for Empire. Also a bit of subtext that leads me to believe that next set will follow Torgota for Republic and Kaleesh for Empire.