Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    money they stand to lose if but a single company produces it - do you really think they would ALL do nothing or do you think atleast one of them would make money off it before the others...
    Can't be patented, so no drug company can have exclusive rights to it. They would all make it and it would immediately be driven closer and closer to "at cost" pricing. There's no profit to be made in curing a patient, only in extending their life while maintaining the disease.

Edit: Not saying the article is correct or anything, simply that were this the case, there would be no incentive for a Pharm. company to bother mass producing a cure for cancer, AIDs, or anything else really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarunico View Post
    Can't be patented, so no drug company can have exclusive rights to it. They would all make it and it would immediately be driven closer and closer to "at cost" pricing. There's no profit to be made in curing a patient, only in extending their life while maintaining the disease.

Edit: Not saying the article is correct or anything, simply that were this the case, there would be no incentive for a Pharm. company to bother mass producing a cure for cancer, AIDs, or anything else really.
    Omg, do you even know what you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    Omg, do you even know what you're talking about?
    Yes. There's no monetary incentive to permanently cure something for dirt cheap when they already continuously "cure" something at high price. It's pretty simple.

kinda weird that antibiotics sells then...

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 04:37 PM ----------

Yes. There's no monetary incentive to permanently cure something for dirt cheap when they already continuously "cure" something at high price. It's pretty simple.
    Yea things like vaccines would never catch on - there is no monetary incentive

It's ironic that the tin-foil hats who complain that big bad pharma is blocking their 'miracle cures' are the same TFHs who rail against big bag pharma promoting vaccines which are pretty close to actual miracle cures.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    It's ironic that the tin-foil hats who complain that big bad pharma is blocking their 'miracle cures' are the same TFHs who rail against big bag pharma promoting vaccines which are pretty close to actual miracle cures.
    For the first: This article is fake.

For the second: You people who says that there is no money in a cure are wrong. Because if one company would invest in this cure, they would become rich, and no one would like to pay for the treatment the other pharmacies offer.

Sorry, don't agree.

If people live longer then they will experience more ailments due to aging, and overall you can sell them a lot more stuff to help with their health.

How much money can you make off someone who dies of AIDS at 35 or cancer at 45 as opposed to giving them all sorts of medications, surgeries, etc until they are in their 70's or even longer? The health care industry makes much more money off of people in their old age as opposed to in their younger years, and so it would likely benefit them more financially if everyone lived to be old.

I don't know if they could make all the money back from not having to provide cancer treatments, but they could probably make a large chunk of it back.

The people who suffer from a cheap cure to cancer are actually the charlatans who try to sell "cancer cures" for hundreds of thousands of dollars to desperate people.

last I heard, drinking exactly 1+1/5 glass of wine and exactly 2 squares of 84% chocolate meant you were immune to cancer. According to the media anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by so mad bro View Post
    Cancer is only going to get worse world wide. Nature found yet another weapon to attempt to get rid of its own disease that walks on 2 legs.
    Could you take your hate somewhere else?

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean like a forum ?
    If your hatred for mankind is to the point where you feel that people deserve to die from cancer, why not just leave society and become a hermit? It's clear you detest society a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtacos View Post
    But why are you so steadfast in your disapproval? The first 2 clinical trials were successful and FDA approved, which is why phase III is in process.
    The phases of clinical trials first concentrate on safety and dosages, and only later move on to efficacy. While you might think that to pass Phase II a drug would need to more effective than the alternatives, this actually isn't the case. Phase III is where you attempt to show that. https://www.nlm.nih.gov/services/ctphases.html

Unlike the fungus/baking soda approach, Burzynski's at least has plausibility behind it in that some antineoplastons seem to do something interesting. However, this is not new science; it was first investigated as a cancer treatment as far back as 1959. As one might expect, no universal cancer cure was found.

Burzynski is not under attack for researching cancer cures. He's under attack for doing science badly, for raising people's hopes without justification, and charging people a small fortune to participate in what is supposedly a Phase II clinical trial.
    Last edited by Kushana; 2015-10-13 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stating the obvious makes me a hater of humanity ?
    Since when was that obvious? I don't see how everybody deserves to die, especially not via cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtaroth View Post
    "mitochrondria are cells now? this is GCSE biology stuff, here.
    i call fake."
    if you knew anything about basic biology you would know that long ago in the time of single celled organisms mitochondria were in fact their own organism...

Quote Originally Posted by eriseis View Post
    It's also my right to tell you that you are feeding a conspiracy theory. It's rather idiotic to 1) Think that "big pharma" would block research in a lucrative product. 2) You are also feeding this Fortune 500/Illuminati thought that only big corporations are able to find "the cure". There's technology, such as laser treatments, being developed in small labs, ventures and universities and some of this is funded by large corporations.

As someone who is parading tangential medical knowledge, you should acknowledge at least that a chemical formula is not the only possibility for medical treatments.
    I never once "paraded" medical knowledge, merely stated that I taken a medical ethics class. I totally 100% agree with you saying that chemical formulas is not the only medical treatments available. Although Doctors are still hesitant in going in the other direction of natural remedies since a lot more research is needed and a lot of insurance companies still does not recognize natural remedies as a viable treatment - this is changing but slowly.

There's already a cure for cancer: water fasting! Numerous people have been diagnosed with cancer and cured it by abstaining from food for a long period of time (30-40 days). But few people go this route because they've been taught to fear going hungry for any period of time even though it cleanses and heals the body of things modern medicine can't touch.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    I never once "paraded" medical knowledge, merely stated that I taken a medical ethics class. I totally 100% agree with you saying that chemical formulas is not the only medical treatments available. Although Doctors are still hesitant in going in the other direction of natural remedies since a lot more research is needed and a lot of insurance companies still does not recognize natural remedies as a viable treatment - this is changing but slowly.

Of course insurance companies recognize them as viable treatments.... they'll pay for scans and such if you're attempting to treat something like hypothyroidism with high iodine supplements through the direct counseling and reference of a health care professional. The problem is, its extremely hard to regulate natural remedies. Insurance companies work best because prescription medications are highly controlled; even if you pay for it out of pocket to avoid insurance companies (people not wanting their boss to know they're taking bipolar medications is a common example of this), the record of it goes somewhere. It is easy for insurance companies to look up claims and trace them back to who prescribed them and who dispensed them, what medication for what condition. You don't get that kind of regulation with over the counter products, it just isn't possible. So for insurance companies to recognize natural remedies they'd either have to put them on a prescription level or increase regulatory oversight of over the counter drugs. And really, who wants to document every time you buy a bottle of ibuprofen?

Deleted
    Deja vü, pretty sure i read something similar on the same site like a year ago o:

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    There's already a cure for cancer: water fasting! Numerous people have been diagnosed with cancer and cured it by abstaining from food for a long period of time (30-40 days). But few people go this route because they've been taught to fear going hungry for any period of time even though it cleanses and heals the body of things modern medicine can't touch.
    Any clinical data to back this up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrament View Post
    Any clinical data to back this up?
    Didn't you hear? "numerous people" is wonderful clinical data

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    So i thought you might be interested here.

Source : http://www.sott.net/articles/show/22...e-takes-notice

From the comments:

more in the source link.
    discuss / spread
    No money in the cure for cancer and no media interest? Pardon my french but that's a massive load of bullshit.
    And that's what I'll call this supposed cure until it's been properly tested.