A new look at 1.8 patch

Rift just posted this on their facebook page

http://www.gamesradar.com/rift-infernal-dawn-preview/

a golden dragon literally made of her horde of gold, gems, and jewels. It wasn't finished yet, but we were told this encounter would function much differently than typical dragon battles, with the boss adapting her shape throughout the fight, sort of like Spider-Man's Sandman. We were told she'd fall into a puddle, reforming into different creatures to make for an interesting encounter.
    A comment about the Laethys fight, and it shows an awesome picture of her, with the caption "At one point this dragon turns into a giant fist and smashes the ground"

Personally, I look forward to the Laethys fight of the ID raid (even though I doubt I will ever experience it). Laethys just looks damn awesome.

Aye, it will be amazing when the chronicle is released :P still eagerly waiting for the other half of hammerknell though
    Maybe I should get my act together and graduate so I have enough time to raid

This pics been floating around for a few days though, was hoping for something new

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    This pics been floating around for a few days though, was hoping for something new
    Well the official reveal hasn't been done yet, these are just sneak peaks. Looks pretty awesome, though I wish there were a few more bosses. HK was about right. Anything less than about a dozen bosses in a tier feels like really slim pickings to me.

That said, I do appreciate all the other stuff we are getting

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...ntoring-and-h/

"There is less foot travel than in Hammerknell, but there are seven unique bosses and nine to 11 encounters if you count mini-bosses."
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by DDazzle View Post
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/03...ntoring-and-h/

"There is less foot travel than in Hammerknell, but there are seven unique bosses and nine to 11 encounters if you count mini-bosses."
    Same article:

Of course, the ultimate fight of the zone is against Maelforge, and it was impressive to see him swoop down and land as we entered the room. He's immense, and Gershowitz explained that the fight will involve battling not only him but also the volcanic cavern. As the fight progresses, lava fills the room, and you have to tangle with the spires and obstacles that jut down from above and fall down around you as you float toward the top. It's a larger cinematic experience that will require raids to split up and coordinate together in order to win.

For those who prefer 10-mans, Gershowitz promises a new raid zone on the way, and the devs are hoping to get it ready for Update 1.9. Don't be too surprised if you see an Infernal Dawn Chronicle down the road!

Laethys has me very excited, as does Maelforge.

Infernal Dawn can not arrive soon enough.