Whiners and Complainers

I for one am sick of all the whiners and complainers saying "I don't like this game, I'm not going to buy it." That is perfectly fine, we are not a Guild Wars 2 sales representative, and weather you buy the game or not does not affect us. To make this clear let me go through some of the usual reasons for these types of posts.

1: Supporter of a different game.

Yes, you have a fun game that you love playing. You might even be worried Guild Wars 2 will steal some players from your game. As you may or may not know, everyone has the ability to play more than one game, even MMO's. Maybe, that same person will become a better video gamer in general from playing two MMO's performing better in your game. Gamer's around the world (maybe even you) also play non MMO games. They spend time they could be in your game playing Skyrim, Starcraft, or any of hundreds of games. Do you go on every developers forums and say "LoL this game isn't as good as my game!"? I suspect not. Even if friends leave your MMO completely to play Guild Wars 2, I'm sorry but some people just enjoy new games, that's life.

2: Undecided Mind

Maybe it makes you feel all good inside when someone tells you to buy a game, or your genuinely unsure weather the game is worth the money. In the end you're the one who will make the decision not other forum posters. Read up more on the game, you might notice something you like or don't. If you truly can not decide on your own you shouldn't be pre-ordering the game anyway. Wait until its out, see how the general populous reacts to the game, even try it out at a friends or download the demo. If you like the game, buy it and if you don't no harm was done in the process. Starting a thread about weather you should buy the game will only result in trolling and a heated discussion, none which are beneficial to yourself or other forum posters. In the time you spent posting, even if you did get a lot of helpful responses about the game, you would have found out more by reading the "Mass info for the Uninitiated" thread linked a few lines down. It contains more than enough for you to make an educated decision on purchasing the game. If you are still unsure after the read wait until it comes out then decide then.

Mass info for the uninitiated

3: Trolling

Perhaps the soul purpose of your post in the GW2 forum was to troll and anger fans of the game. While this may get a rise and angered response out of younger members of the forum, realize that most of us do not care. As I mentioned earlier, we are not sales representatives of ArenaNet, and if you buy the game is none of our concern. A single purchase or lack there of will not be the success or failure of Guild Wars 2. Even if it turns out to be a huge disappointment and only nets a few thousand players, those players enjoy the game, and there is nothing wrong with that. If your not a football fan, you probably don't spend your days going to football games to shout how football sucks, so why do it on the internet? If you hate Guild Wars 2, fine we don't need to hear it, you could go tell your other friends who hate it as much as you do.

4: Laziness

Maybe the only reason you started a thread is because you did not want to read the sticky in this forum, or even visit the guild wars 2 website because that would take too much time. While having others answer all your questions might seem faster, It actually Is not. All the basics of Guild Wars 2 are compiled into one location, even sorted into sections in the Mass info for the Uninitiated thread. You can Ctrl F to search for anything you may wonder and you don't even have to wait for someone to respond! If you have questions about a more advanced topic that is not covered in that thread, our members would be more than happy to help. However none of us enjoy answering simple questions such as "can you jump" that are even covered in the FAQ on the Guild Wars 2 website. Here's the link again if you don't want o move your cursor up.

Click Here!

Guild Wars 2 is a video game, a form of entertainment some people partake in for fun. You decide on if you will play the game or not, no one is forcing you either way. If Guild Wars 2 is not a game for you, fine, you saved 60 dollars to spend however you wish. There is no one MMO or game that is right for everybody which is why more than one exist. Before you troll another game think of it as if it were your own, and let the players be. If you respond "I wouldn't care if this happened to my game." Then what makes you care so deeply about another game? Have fun and let everyone enjoy their MMO.

This message goes out to all guild wars current and future players as well. As amazing as you may think Guild Wars 2 is that is only because GW2 is the right game for you. It is NOT a superior game to all, it its simply better in your eyes. Enjoy the game for what its worth because in the end all it comes down to is you.

Life on the internet: 2012

This happens with all games really. Go read the SWTOR forums here on MMO-C to see how much more unproductive conversation can be for all subforums. >.>

Guess op falls into the 3rd category.. TROLLERS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dhi View Post
    guess op falls into the 3rd category.. Trollers!
    zing!!!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, since you can be anonymous on the net (rofl) people seem to think they can do/say whatever they want and get away with it (which we know is not true).

I for one hate to see anyone complaining about GW2, because, well, it's not even out yet! I can sort of see complaining about WoW or SWTOR because they're currently playable, but there's no valid reason to complain about actual GW2 gameplay yet since not all of us have gotten to play it yet.

I also don't like the whole hating on WoW thing. Yes, Blizzard does things differently, but they're a different company and that's a different game (albeit it is a fantasy MMO, but they're still two different games as a whole). Being a "hater" or a "troll" has never been cool, and never will be. So stop jumping in front of the bandwagon. @_@

These are internet forums, so you're going to get people posting here who may not love the topic of the forums. That's fine. As long as people are constructive and post intelligently, there is nothing wrong with expressing your dislike of something.

Yes there will be "stupid" questions that are "easily answered by google or reading this massive thread", but some people may just want to know the answer to that specific question.

These kinds of "preachy" posts usually end up poorly so I'm gonna close it before it gets out of hand.