Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Too bad navigating Guru is like gouging yourself in the eye with a rusty spoon.
    Lol, thas a pretty good description I'm sure it's a good site but someone really should redo that layout.

Would be great to se an armory feature. I still kinda hope there wont be forums tho.... well maybe max a support forum.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about official forums, because they're always a shitfest. Aside from armory (which I'm so excited about!) I would love Arenanet to be involved in eSports, spotlight good twitch streams, keep track of such events, spotlight other community stuff like machinema, guides and stuff like that.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well what about server forums? ANet places such value on server community, I think it would be a great thing for each server to have a place to come together to rally people for wvwvw etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Well what about server forums? ANet places such value on server community, I think it would be a great thing for each server to have a place to come together to rally people for wvwvw etc.
    aye, and you would only be able to access the forum of your home server, so you can discuss tactics for WvW on there, would be handy
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    aye, and you would only be able to access the forum of your home server, so you can discuss tactics for WvW on there, would be handy
    Now that could work

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    YES, definitely!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would not be opposed to this....Quick! Let Anet know our decision!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I would not be opposed to this....Quick! Let Anet know our decision!
    but then I'ld have to go post on GW2Guru, which I won't

Surely Mif has Mike O'Brien's private cell phone number so he could be informed
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    but then I'ld have to go post on GW2Guru, which I won't
    lol well we should find a brave adventurer willing to brave the wilderness of guru!!

EDIT: My bad blood!
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-03-15 at 03:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Let's not start a Guru bashing, thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Let's not start a Guru bashing, thank you
    was just joking, I actually post sporadically on there, never had a post removed or edited, so don't really have a problem with guru
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

was just joking, I actually post sporadically on there, never had a post removed or edited, so don't really have a problem with guru
    I'm not giving out a warning I was just saying before it would happen. Wouldn't be the first time
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-03-15 at 03:24 PM.

Just having server forums would definitely be a nice compromise, I approve.

Ah, looks like Anet will have official forums after all.

http://www.arena.net/blog/building-community

Well there you go. Hopefully it's done better than most forums such as WoW and SWTOR but I'm not hopeful of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like where they are going with the whole community building thing. Idealistic and lofty goals to be sure- but they have my wholehearted support for creating a mature community.

10+ Year Old Account
    The main goal is to be inclusive, not exclusive, to encourage collaboration between communities, and to generate an atmosphere that is helpful, friendly, and above all, respectful.
    I hate to be pessimistic, but I don't see this happening. :S
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Me neither. The more popular a game is, the more the official forum turns into a cesspit.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Me neither. The more popular a game is, the more the official forum turns into a cesspit.
    Yea. As you pointed out above w/ TOR and WOW. Both hugely successful mass market games.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wooot *happy dance*

And guys, don't be so gloomy. Not everyone here is exactly respectful, but we make it work.

I'm actually really surprised you guys have such little faith in ANet's ability to moderate a forum.