Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

New Website = Forums?

http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/guil...ition-website/

On a NEW Guild Wars 2 website…

We’re currently working on a brand new GuildWars2.com marketing site which is going to be really cool. We have a ton of neat features in the works especially for the web, kind of like how World of Warcraft has the Armory.
    Do you think ANet might add some official forms to their website?

What kinds of features are you expecting?

What would you like to see added?

10+ Year Old Account
    Something similar to the WoW armory is always nice. That could be the only feature and I would be ecstatic about it.

Forums would be nice too, I don't know if I'd use them though. I know when the game launches I won't be spending hardly any time in forums unless something irks me in game, or blows me away. I wouldn't be a regular forum goer in other words.

To add to the armory, a Guild armory would be nice. Leaderboards for PvP and PvE? Official skill calculators would be cool too.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

I'm quite glad with the armory, would have loved it for Guild Wars 1. Still not seeing them invest in official forums though. More information about the mobile devices.

yeah that would be just what they have discussed earlier, about remote participating in friend's activities, like watching what their characters are doing, chatting and stuff like that. still, thats no limited to those.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    An Armoury, YES!

I think those are a must for top MMOs these days. I was quite appalled that SW:TOR didn't have one; and that the SW:TOR forums didn't even use in-game characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I'm quite glad with the armory, would have loved it for Guild Wars 1. Still not seeing them invest in official forums though. More information about the mobile devices.
    ^this right here

I can see them giving us things like an armory, perhaps an information database about skills and types of gear and so on, but GW2G already fills in the role of "official forums" quite successfully.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

As far as official forums go i would like to see them not have official forums. You will just get alot of unmoderated trolling and flaming. other than that couldnt care less about what they put on their website. I usually dont browse sites of games im playing unless its release a new feature and i wanna read about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving the idea of a better made website with all the trimmings (Armory, Mobile AH, Mobile Guild Chat, etc.

Hating the idea of what all the morons/losers/idiots/trolls/whiners/etc will do IF they have Official Forums on said new website.

Deleted
    I love the Armory, I really hope they do something similar with Guild wars 2!

I enjoy posters on MMO-C worried about official forums. Delicious.

Deleted
    It'd just be another place for Mif to branch out his Asura campaign.

I'd follow him, of course. (Pro-Asura)

Deleted
    Looking forward to seeing the new site and the Armory tool is always nice, not sure about official forums though its a good place to give feedback but the amount of trolls and QQ'ers around these days make them horrible to browse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I enjoy posters on MMO-C worried about official forums. Delicious.
    I've been finding lately that while MMO-C has it's problems, it's community isn't so bad as, say, the official WoW forums have turned out. And I've seen the dark side of those forums quite often.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'd be thrilled with official forums and an armory feature, I don't understand those who are against them at all, its not like fan site forums will die because of the official forums, look at MMO-C for WoW plenty of posters and constant activity, while WoW has thriving forums of its own.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I've been finding lately that while MMO-C has it's problems, it's community isn't so bad as, say, the official WoW forums have turned out. And I've seen the dark side of those forums quite often.
    All forums have their share of problems. As I said many a time, one has to simply not care much or get over it as this is the internet 2012.

Desires otherwise are mostly fantasy or hypocrisy.

One is better served getting news & information anywhere else than an official forum for the most part. So the only aspects a forum is left to facilitate is the vocality of it's associated users. Which again if one isn't really interested in- why post or read MMO-C and GWG?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So the only aspects a forum is left to facilitate is the vocality of it's associated users. Which again if one isn't really interested in- why post or read MMO-C and GWG?
    Because the users of said forums are the ones who build up the "feel" of the community. Like-minded people tend to congregate to the same place. Many people don't care for one forum or another because of the general/majority opinion of the people participating in that forum. Many people might not like the MMOC GW2 sub-forum specifically because so many people here are looking forward to it and can be considered "fanboys" whereas many people might not like the GW2 Guru forum because they're known for complaining about nearly everything, including the armor repair fee stuff.

The way the WoW forums turned out is very similar to the way the GW2G forums turned out. When people have major complaints about a game, they're likely to turn to "official" forums in order to voice their complaints, whether they're reasonable or not, in a place that the company will be guaranteed to see it.
    A place like MMOC however? All over this forum, not just the sub-forum, it seems like it's fostered a community of people who actually love to play their games, (or at least people who care enough about the games to keep tabs on it, because they're still very much obsessed with MMOs in general), though it's obvious that it's not every regular that's like that.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-14 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I think the information would be better no an official forum? No, I really don't. Maybe faster.
    Would moderation be better? Maybe, but probably not. I still expect trolling and flaming.

I just happen to like the idea of having an official forum tied to your gw2 account. For example Wow's forums are super slick. I love how each poster can chose a character to post on, and that char links to their achievements and things. So it's mostly a cosmetic thing for me. I can understand if ANet didn't want to spend the money on a forum though, so I'm not going to whine if they don't add one. It would just be nice.

I'm pretty confident we'll be seeing official forums. It would be a bit weird having a site with that many tools and no forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Do I think the information would be better no an official forum? No, I really don't. Maybe faster.
    Would moderation be better? Maybe, but probably not. I still expect trolling and flaming.

I just happen to like the idea of having an official forum tied to your gw2 account. For example Wow's forums are super slick. I love how each poster can chose a character to post on, and that char links to their achievements and things. So it's mostly a cosmetic thing for me. I can understand if ANet didn't want to spend the money on a forum though, so I'm not going to whine if they don't add one. It would just be nice.
    I actually don't consider that to be a benefit. The result, using the WoW forums as an example, is that when people read your posts, they look to your armory as a form of credentials to see if you're "worthy" of actually posting about the topic.

As a further example, I absolutely abhor WoW pvp. It's too imbalanced for me to enjoy the rated play. The meta game is more about choosing the right class and spec and composition of said classes/specs than about simply being skilled players.
    But anytime I try to share my opinion about WoW pvp, people will look at my armory, see that I'm not a 2300 rated player with Gladiator titles, and automatically dismiss my opinion as worthless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I actually don't consider that to be a benefit. The result, using the WoW forums as an example, is that when people read your posts, they look to your armory as a form of credentials to see if you're "worthy" of actually posting about the topic.
    Lol that's very true.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 01:53 PM ----------

I don't like going to gw2g. I can't put my finger on why it just feels off to me.