Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Remove itemlevel requirement for premade dungeon heroics/LFR

Hey,

I still have the release of cataclysm in mind and I remember how horrible it was to ding 85 and going into the heroic manually because the dungeon finder wanted 329 Itemlevel, even tho fresh level 85 gear was more than enough for a premade group. Not like it took long to get over the 329 itemlevel requirement, but e.g for our tank was extremely unlucky and it took us hours of walking to instances to get him the required itemlevel to be able to queue.

Now for lfr it will be the same thing, for a decent guild you don't need any gear to be able to beat LFR with ease, but it would take ages to get 25 players over the required itemlevel just to be eligible to queue? I totally understand the itemlevel requirement for a random group, but if a premade group wants a challenge or can beat an instance without the item level requirement easily, why not allow it by default?

Going into the 5-man instances manually wasnt that bad, but there is simply no way to manually enter a LFR raid without queueing for it.

i guess you get my point

/discuss
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

You can just purchase items from the AH or buy them with Justice Points and have them in your bag to get the required item level if you want. I would prefer people who are missing entire item slots are not automatically put in heroic instances with my alts. Not having it in the LFR really seems like an absolutely horrible idea as well.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I guess ilvl is there to stop us from boosting people... You know, usual Blizz answer, "We want the players to see and experience all the content"
    If there wasnt an ilvl requirement, people who just dinged 85 could be boosted right through lfr and not "experience" all the dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlily View Post
    I guess ilvl is there to stop us from boosting people... You know, usual Blizz answer, "We want the players to see and experience all the content"
    If there wasnt an ilvl requirement, people who just dinged 85 could be boosted right through lfr and not "experience" all the dungeons
    Considering how little effort most people put in in the LFR as it is, I would hate to see how bad it would be when it has people wearing level 83 greens.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

You can still do the 5mans with any ilvl if you travel the the instance portal and enter it that way (or get summoned there).
    Not LFR though.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Considering how little effort most people put in in the LFR as it is, I would hate to see how bad it would be when it has people wearing level 83 greens.
    I doubt the average DPS or healing would change. lol

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    premade groups meaning the just dinged and 24 firends.. not just dinged 1 firend and the 23 other morons who cued
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

The OP wants to get rid of ilvl requirements for premade groups only. Not having an ilvl requirement for randoms would indeed be madness!

Deleted
    For pre made groups sure whatever. Not for PUGS.

The OP is talking about pre-made raids/dungeons.

Currently if you ding 85 and want to run some dungeons with friends you have to run all the way there if you don't meet the ilvl. The OP just wants the LFD/LFR to ignore ilvl if you're queueing with a full group.

I'm going to go ahead and agree that players should be able to bypass the ilevel requirement on the Dungeon finder provided they have a full premade group. This will also mean they have to manually invite any replacements unless everyone with an ilevel below the cutoff leaves the group. Basically the ilevel cutoff will become the requirement to access the automatic group finder rather then the LFD system as a whole.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

I'd say keep the requirement. It's really not that hard (and wasn't at Cata's launch) to reach it, and it helped ensure a group was capable of completing the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    For 100% premade groups, where you have a full group, sure, BUT I'd place one further restriction on it - if anyone drops group you can't pug in a random person, you can ONLY use manual invite to fill the empty spot(s). Otherwise you'd get some dumbass in level 82 greens who'd get his guildies to get him in, then drop group and dump the lazy bastard on those of us who don't want to carry him. Because as LFD and LFR have proven time and again, "If I CAN abuse it, I WILL abuse it, and screw the rest of you it's all about ME ME ME."
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Let pre-mades do w/e, and heck, oughta be a bit tighter restrictions on randoms imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    Now for lfr it will be the same thing, for a decent guild you don't need any gear to be able to beat LFR with ease, but it would take ages to get 25 players over the required itemlevel just to be eligible to queue? I totally understand the itemlevel requirement for a random group, but if a premade group wants a challenge or can beat an instance without the item level requirement easily, why not allow it by default?
    Op did you really just say 25 people in a premade group might be challenged in LFR? I don't even..

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Op did you really just say 25 people in a premade group might be challenged in LFR? I don't even..
    I know LFR is easy but he was saying people that just dinged 85. My char that just dinged 85 has an ilvl of 316 nearly 50 below suggested now if everyone had that it might make LFR a challenge specifically for the tank/healers even as a premade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fostus View Post
    I know LFR is easy but he was saying people that just dinged 85. My char that just dinged 85 has an ilvl of 316 nearly 50 below suggested now if everyone had that it might make LFR a challenge specifically for the tank/healers even as a premade.
    My Mage just dinged 85 and could queue for LFR in about an hour. The ilvl restriction is trivial with the easy to obtain 377 blue pvp gear

You can just purchase items from the AH or buy them with Justice Points and have them in your bag to get the required item level if you want. I would prefer people who are missing entire item slots are not automatically put in heroic instances with my alts. Not having it in the LFR really seems like an absolutely horrible idea as well.
    i kinda thought more about the very start of MoP, so there is nothing you can buy, and the only thing you can do heroics is if you manually enter.
    that way you could also boost someone undergeared, so thats not really a valid point.
    In my opinion it's just very annoying to be forced to do boring and easy content just to get the itemlevel. I can tell you it was really annoying to fly to every single heroic and summon there at the first 2 days of cataclysm. RNG also plays a big part of this, e.g the tank of my Cataclysm 5 man group just didn't get any items, so we could never queue. It was quite fun clearing most of normal t11 raid-content on 8.12 (1 day after cata release) with half of the raid not beeing able to queue for heroics....

For premade groups its just a useless restriction, imo they should just let you enter a dungeon for LFR difficulty via instance portal.

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    talking about MoP, and it was just ment figuratively. as a competitive PvE guild you are kinda forced todo lfr, but its kinda pointless to have a 25 man guild normal mode first because the itemlevel is too low to queue for lfr, if you get my point?
    Last edited by brolly; 2012-03-15 at 12:23 AM.
    Main: Shantál <Apex>- EU-Al'akir 13/13 HC since Feb 15th '11; 7/7 HC since Aug 18th '11; 8/8 HC since Jan 3rd '12
    Alts: Zeroday <Apex>- EU-Al'akir / Vitiation <Apex>- EU-Al'akir

Shantál vs Alysrazor HEROIC solo [click]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brolly View Post
    I still have the release of cataclysm in mind and I remember how horrible it was to ding 85 and going into the heroic manually because the dungeon finder wanted 329 Itemlevel, even tho fresh level 85 gear was more than enough for a premade group.
    For a premade, yes.

However, if that item level minimum was not put into place, you'd have people in ~280 blues/greens overall ilvl who just powered quickly to 85 in your random group contributing nothing and dragging the group down if they're tank or heals. No, thank you.

Perhaps a solution to this is to make LFR difficulty a selectable option outside the queuing.

Sig by Isilrien

Well LFR isnt made for your guild to go into as another way to get almost as good as normal gear. Its for people w/o guilds. Sure normal raiders will run it because it has gear but its not really for that. A lot of people complain that LFR ruins their experience of the normal raid but currently you will probably have to be either heroic geared or have a few 1s tier raid items to get into LFR.

Personally I think they shoudl get rid of just a straight ilvl requirement for random groups since people circumvent it. The finder should use something like a "DPS score", "healer score", "tank score" that takes into account your equiped items stats and gives you a rating for your role. It would take enchants and gems into effect unlike ilvl.

What you'll see happen is that players will form a 25 man to get their low geared buddy in, but then have 10+ players drop out because they didn't really want to go, and then bam, the undergeared guy has gotten into the LFR system.

Basically, allowing premades to ignore restrictions allows abuse.

With 5 mans, you simply go to the instance and avoid the automatic system completely. With LFR, there is a genuine problem with not being able to get in as a premade, but I think that's a minority problem and not worth the time for Blizz to look at.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source