Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    it was standard today on Fatman server rep side in the afternoon at 150 people on the fleet. Go figure.

Theres only 1 cure and thats forced mergers, they opened too many servers at launch WITH a LOW population cap, causing people to spread out on new servers, week later they unlock server caps on all servers basically turning all FULL servers into HEAVY population.
    Still amazes me how they could of called some of these full servers full with only 1000 or so people on them, they shot themselves in the foot, my first server was very heavy at launch but never seen more than 100 on the fleet, now it has 30-40 and standard population in the evenings
    I've rerolled since to try other faction but even my 2nd servers numbers are dwindling, no way in hell I'm gonna reroll a 3rd time OR pay for transfers.

Deleted
    This has to be the only thing that really annoys me about this game. I have 1 50 and 2 other alts im levelling on my server...but at times i do have the urge to roll on a heavier pop server. But i don't like being lonely . Server merges would be welcomed by many, but i'm no game developer and i have no idea how easy that would be to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

I play on Legions of Lettow. Let me tell you how's life at a "Standard" pop server. There were 40-65 people running around in the starting zone throughout the day. There were 25-45 people online in my guild, and there were 450 people online at the Capital City (Fleet) a few minutes ago when I got there.
    Lucky you!

My server, Zaalbar US
    This past SATURDAY NIGHT at 7pm had 40 in rep fleet and 55 in imp fleet. Thats prime time on a weekend.

Does anyone take into consideration of the people on other planets, in warzones, or in an operation? Or is the basis of the population based on people standing around on their fleet?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipz View Post
    Does anyone take into consideration of the people on other planets, in warzones, or in an operation? Or is the basis of the population based on people standing around on their fleet?
    Fleet is the most densely populated area, which is why its quickly become the stick with which we measure by.

BW needs to start offering free transfers or do mergers because patch 1.2 a.k.a. "The Jesus Patch" isn't going to fix all of the games problems! I play on The Ebon Hawk RP-PVE East Coast and the best it gets on weekends, prime time is 100-120 on the fleet and there are next to know OPs pugs and very few HM groups to join especially if your not a tank or heals! I really enjoy the game but am bored enough that I have started rolling alts and I am by no means an alt-o-holic! I hate doing shit Ive already seen/done, but it is more fun that standing in the fleet spamming trade in hopes of finding something going on before I run out of time to run anything!

I am really just getting more and more disappointed every time I log in! I hope 1.2 does turn out to be the savior everyone hopes but it isn't likely.

In b4 someone says join a better guild, I have done research and there's not much to choose from! Sorta like,.. "Pick a shinier turd!"

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    People need to realize also that not everyone on the server is on the fleet doing nothing. Frankly if I am not getting ready for a raid or WZ night I am on an alt playing on whatever planet is up for questing. Why people seen to use the fleet as a standard is beyond me. no one sits in fleet all day to play, that's when they are doing something that requires the fleet.

I've never seen triple digits in fleet on Nathema.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wednesday at 11PM server time.

103 on fleet.

Did my dailies earlier- had a group within seconds doing Old Enemy.

Later than a lot of people that I know player, 210 on the fleet, 50+ in each of the largest guilds, 40+ on each starter zone, and at least 20 people on each planet. Most it's ever been (that I've seen) on the fleet was in the low 300s though.

Don't think I've seen more than 100 on my server on the fleet at any one time, but I put that down to people running ops/fps/wzs/questing. Fleet population is not a good way to tell how populated the server is.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server, Cho Mai, we used to be at 40-50 people at the Fleet around peak time.
    I just logged on today - perhaps 2 weeks since I last played - only about ~25 people. Not that it matters because even with 40-50 people, no one interacts. I'd be lucky to see someone look for a FP group at peak time.

The only thing I'm enjoying in the game right now is OPS. They are fairly done, although a little on the easier side (Hard mode).

The ranges are clearly quite large, and you also have to bare in mind that "STANDARD" is cumulative of Republic and Empire.

It's possible, therefore, to have several hundred in the Fleet, but to find on the other faction that there are only a handful of players.

Taking a look at one side in isolation doesn't really give a reasonable impression.

On Niman Republic sits at around 20-35 at the moment during peak times, however the Empire is between 100-140 during similar time periods. The Empire is pretty active and there's quite a few groups going around. The same cannot be said of the Republic, where it is nigh impossible to find a group for anything. Niman is generally Standard now, it had 40 Minute queues at one point shortly after launch.

At peak time on Republic by doing a who request 1-30 31-40 41-49 and 50, there is generally less than 500 Republic players on, often less than 300 total. Over the past week, I've seen no more than 90 level 50 Republic players on. I don't have any data about the Empire in this regard though. But clearly there is quite a disparity in the Range in "STANDARD", and especially more so when you consider faction balance of the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    People need to realize also that not everyone on the server is on the fleet doing nothing. Frankly if I am not getting ready for a raid or WZ night I am on an alt playing on whatever planet is up for questing. Why people seen to use the fleet as a standard is beyond me. no one sits in fleet all day to play, that's when they are doing something that requires the fleet.
    People do realize that. However, the fleets are pretty much the "crossroads" of the game. The fleet is how you get to the Flashpoints, its where the PvP quests are picked up and turned in, as well as the Flashpoint quests. Its also where you'll find most of the endgame vendors. So its natural for people to use it to gauge population for their server. Not exactly accurate but without any truly "global" channel to search through and no definition regarding population spread for each category from BioWare? Well, its about as accurate as you are going to get in many cases.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-03-15 at 03:44 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind it is the start of the game. Personally I do not like the idea of a server merger right now. They're estimating above 2mill subs by summer... so thats 300k more players. Now spread that around all the servers that we have and bam. If they do server mergers, at some point they're going to have to open up new servers and that just seems hectic to me honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Keep in mind it is the start of the game. Personally I do not like the idea of a server merger right now. They're estimating above 2mill subs by summer... so thats 300k more players. Now spread that around all the servers that we have and bam. If they do server mergers, at some point they're going to have to open up new servers and that just seems hectic to me honestly.
    True but you've already got the makings a vicious cycle here with the heavier lighter split. Not to mention that the whole two million by June prediction seems a little dubious since "active" counts have apparently stalled for, at the least, a month already. I agree that a server merger would probably do more harm than good, "image" wise at the least as well, but something should be done. Personally I think that something should be "directing" trials to particular servers instead. That way you can focus the new players towards certain servers and hopefully increase the chances of them forming bonds with other new players. Improving server communities and lowering chances of server migration if the trials purchase.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

"Heavy Population" server here, Lord Adraas, Empire side (the heavier of the sides) and I've never seen 450 people in any zone, fleet included, after the first 7 days of the game. Never even seen it above 200.

The issue is that all the planets become pointless once you get passed a certain level. Thats the problem with why tatooine has only 30 people on it and the fleet has 200+.

The game is flawed from it's foundation, no patch will fix that. Sorry, I'm bummed like everyone else but swtor wasn't as good as I and many other people wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    The ranges are clearly quite large, and you also have to bare in mind that "STANDARD" is cumulative of Republic and Empire.

It's possible, therefore, to have several hundred in the Fleet, but to find on the other faction that there are only a handful of players.

Taking a look at one side in isolation doesn't really give a reasonable impression.

On Niman Republic sits at around 20-35 at the moment during peak times, however the Empire is between 100-140 during similar time periods. The Empire is pretty active and there's quite a few groups going around. The same cannot be said of the Republic, where it is nigh impossible to find a group for anything. Niman is generally Standard now, it had 40 Minute queues at one point shortly after launch.

At peak time on Republic by doing a who request 1-30 31-40 41-49 and 50, there is generally less than 500 Republic players on, often less than 300 total. Over the past week, I've seen no more than 90 level 50 Republic players on. I don't have any data about the Empire in this regard though. But clearly there is quite a disparity in the Range in "STANDARD", and especially more so when you consider faction balance of the server.
    I play Imp on Niman and the numbers are declining there. In the beginning we had around 200+ people on the fleet and yesterday at prime time we only had a small 100 man. There are still people levelling an alt or new players that rolled here because every levelling planet as around 20 people playing on them. But finding a group for hm's is hard and you can do that with in a window of 1 hour.