Thread: Why Rytlock?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Sounds like Rytlock is this franchise's Thrall.

Which means I'm going to hate him.

Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post
    I am so sorry

My bad for not putting in a spoiler warning.

And yes, I also loved Ember. And Rytlock lacks the diplomatic finesse and the sense of responsibility to rule all charr. Almorra it is for me
    Meh, no worries. I did kinda expect it anyway with him not being a member of Destinys Edge, but I didnt know the extent of his injury nor how it happened. Ive only just finished reading the bit where they kill Morgus Lethe, so Id imagine Im not far away from finding out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post

Thralls a hippy who wanted to have peaceful diplomatic relations with everyone. Rytlock is a bad tempered, 10 foot tall killing machine with a sword made of fire. Rytlocks idea of diplomacy is to kill his enemies so they cant complain about anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leben View Post
    Rytlock is a ... 10 foot tall
    Actually, he's short
    He was even teased and called Runtlock as a child.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I think I remember hearing something about the charr being the most representative race, that they embody the spirit of GW the best, so why shouldn't their hero be the mascot? I think it was from the retrospective vid.
    Yeah, this. No other game has Charr, but plenty of other games have humans, "big-humans", little-wierd-thingies, and "elves". Charr separate GW from the rest.

PS: I love Norn!

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    I think I remember hearing something about the charr being the most representative race, that they embody the spirit of GW the best, so why shouldn't their hero be the mascot? I think it was from the retrospective vid.
    Yep, it's kinda what the Orcs are to Warcraft. Makes sense to me.

I believe it's because the Charr is a total Guild Wars creature.

For my Rytlock is most badass character :P.
    In general for quite some time Charr have been of major interest of the players. You could see them play many (at times funny) roles in vids past year(s), in general they were the "they must be playable!" race shout out from the gw1 community from what I know. Not to mention they kinda are a "signature" of GW :P.
    I badly want that figurine, but price of CE in EU is bit over the top for me atm Im afraid :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    I would totally buy it to have a 10 inch tall Zojja figure.
    You could have just said Full Size instead of 10 inches. Because in an Asura's case, it's the same thing.

=P

10+ Year Old Account
    Why Rytlock? Well, first things first Rytlock has Ruriks sword, which is just flat out awesome to begin with, he's a charr, which are very well known from the first game (because they're evil and all need to die!), he's as others have said very action heroy and not wishy washy.

Now why not the other people... Caithe is far to mysterious, no one knows anything about her, we know she's a plant, we know she has an ex girlfriend who is evil, and we know she is a firstborn and that's about it...

Eir imo, is awesome, and i would've absolutely loved to see a statue of her and Garm!! However, she's kinda an outcast, it even says in GoA how the norn say she "USED to be a great hero" as in she's kinda not doing anything anymore.

Logan, well he's scum and needs to die in a fire THAT BICH MUST BURN!

Zojja and snaff wouldn't be as popular because most people look at them and think "Those are gnomes and must die" because they're stupid and don't know anything about GW (no offense to anyone of course.), however i do think they shoulda sold Zojja and Snaff plushies instead of charr ones because they probably would've sold well, or at least a golem one...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rytlock Brimstone

I am obsessed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Because he's voiced by Steve Blum
    This is the most logical post I've ever seen.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 04:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thrage View Post

Thrall got mary-sued.

Rytlock won't.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamos View Post

This is what I think of every time someone says Rytlock :P
    Haha thats awesome.

Deleted
    I think because Charr are Guild Wars 2, like, their own race. It's special to them, and they have been special since first Guild Wars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    I think because Charr are Guild Wars 2, like, their own race. It's special to them, and they have been special since first Guild Wars.
    Well Sylvari are pretty unique to Guildwars too, but they weren't in the first one at all.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well Sylvari are pretty unique to Guildwars too, but they weren't in the first one at all.
    New, yes, but it's pretty recently added to the lore. Charr have been with Guild Wars for a very long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    New, yes, but it's pretty recently added to the lore. Charr have been with Guild Wars for a very long time.
    Oh i know, charr violated me all over the first one lol, i hate them so much...

a really low quality screen shot of today's interview with Jon Peters on TwitchTV, purely for scale reference

i agree they seem to have settled on Charr as their sort of iconic species