10+ Year Old Account

Newsposts listed as 'null' in the Recent Forum Posts

For some reason, some (not all) of the frontpage newsposts get listed as null in the Recent Forum Posts-window:

It's not really a big nuisance since clicking the link leads you to the post, just a minor bug I thought I'd report. My apologies if this isn't the correct forum for such things.

Edit: In this case the null lead to "Diablo III Launching May 15 – Digital Pre-Sales NOW OPEN", earlier today another null lead to "MMO-Champion Giveaway - Pandaren Monk - Day 3".

A database error, perhaps? Seems like you've got some empty fields on your hands.

Edit 2: On second thought, it might be all of them. I'll have to wait until more posts show up on the frontpage to tell.
    Last edited by Dassen; 2012-03-15 at 02:26 PM.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Yes, Ive been seeing the same issue for a few weeks already. Came to report it, glad someone already did.

FYI: WinXP, Firefox 10.0.2
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yes, I might post my specs as well: Win7, Firefox 10.0.2
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs

15+ Year Old Account
    It's an issue with the special en dash character. I've talked to the devs; I'll ask them again what the status is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh, okay. Thanks for the input.

Not really sure how to make this into a 'constructive' post so.. yay 900 posts?

Deleted
    hah, i just thought it was a topic called null, never bothered to click on one that said null.

10+ Year Old Account
    In programming terms, null is nothing. A value set to null is simply nothing. Hence why I wrote "A database error, perhaps? Seems like you've got some empty fields on your hands." in my original post, since a field containing nothing could possibly return null.