The mmo-champion of old...

So i'm somewhat sad that now that mmo-champ is part of the curse family that they must abide by the rules of nda's and not leak stuff.. and yeah I know its only a week before the info comes out, but i do miss the old mmo-champ that leaked xpac info before blizzcons and all other times.. it just seems that they can't be as generous with the info like they used to be.. I know times change and you gotta do what you gotta do.. just kinda miss the old days...

Deleted
    I think no other site has any info at the moment since the NDA is pretty strict this x-pac.

The release info date is less than a week away. Patience you one, we will all get our delicious piece of the panda pie soon.

Yeah I know it isn't long. I was just having a bit of nostalgia for the old days when I would come to the site and there would be all this big info out of the blue and the post was being constantly updated.. kinda like when new patches hit the ptr/beta servers.. thats all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish they would freaking hurry up and release the level 90 Shaman talents already >_<
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Well the with out curse, they proberbly wouldnt even be able to go to the press tour thing so dont be so ungratefull! just wait till monday

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draziusk View Post
    So i'm somewhat sad that now that mmo-champ is part of the curse family that they must abide by the rules of nda's and not leak stuff.. and yeah I know its only a week before the info comes out, but i do miss the old mmo-champ that leaked xpac info before blizzcons and all other times.. it just seems that they can't be as generous with the info like they used to be.. I know times change and you gotta do what you gotta do.. just kinda miss the old days...
    So you find it generous that the ignore a NDA? Blizzard simply wants all the sites to get an equal chance to make good videos reports etc. and so everybody has a full week to prepare all the information. And when the NDA is lifted you will get all the information you need.

You know they can do an incredible amount of stuff if you ignore the NDA.. and i think Boub rather stays on good terms with blizzard. Thats why he removed the forums for cata when the alpha information was leaked. After blizz asked or what was the exact story.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just wish theyd bring back the old MMO CHAMP MASCOT! the lil guy with the shield and short sword!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    i just wish theyd bring back the old MMO CHAMP MASCOT! the lil guy with the shield and short sword!
    aww yeah, he was awesome <3

Deleted
    Without agreeing to the NDA, we probably (I'm not sure on this one, but I don't assume Blizzard would give anything to anyone not signing) wouldn't even get to see most of the stuff. Then we'd have to wait until others release info in an already-distilled form, then re-write that within a short timeframe and release it.

This way, we can prepare the news posts with first-hand material in advance and release them when the NDA lifts. Which one do you prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, you're ancient and you know it, det.

In all honesty though, it's not MMO-C. It's Blizzard. They learnt a lot about how to keep their information under hood. There's not much to share if it isn't available.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    I miss Champ. That's what I called him. Hell I even suggested he remain on the site when the new layout was being tested.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the up-side, I LOVE anticipation for more info on something I already think I'm going to like^^

And it was a genius move to let us know the date the NDA is being lifted. Now tons of people are practically shaking with anxiety, fear, elation and all other "Soon I'll know more!"-feelings :P

Just chill, OP. I'd rather have info I know is accurate than something called a 'leak'.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Technically, we wouldn't have gotten any press tour before.

Rest is on http://www.fluffyfrenchy.com/?p=59

15+ Year Old Account
    Leaks were always part of the fun of new expacs though, even if there wasn't a huge info dump like with Cata. It's thrilling to get small little bites, like picking up a Christmas present and feeling that it's too light to hold that NINTENDO SIXTY FOUR!!! you wanted, or that it rattles when shaken so it can't possibly be yet another manky sweater.

I do miss the excitement of little teaser leaks like we've always gotten in the past, though I understand why MMO-C and Boub can't provide them, and why other sites are unwilling to. But I can't deny that it makes me a little sad that Blizz ran such a tight ship this time around. It makes the whole thing a little less fun when you know exactly when you're going to get thrown a bone, instead of waking up one day to a new shiny piece of info you weren't expecting.

Sig by Isilrien