Poll: What profession do you like least?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    What I'm getting at is that it's possible to recognize something as a god without worshiping it, and instead hating it. I've not seen anything that says the Charr don't believe in gods, just that they hate gods, refuse to accept their authority, and see them as extremely powerful beings to kill, because of past betrayals by false gods.
    And I think that is just a misreading. The 6 are called Gods... by humans. The Charr might even say, the Goddess Lyssa or somesuch. But it wouldn't make logical sense for Charr to view Lyssa as divine as that title implies.

At the PAX Q&A, it was said the Charr deny the existence of gods. Though that didn't rule out, as was implied elsewhere, the Charr viewed gods of other races as powerful beings.

It's merely getting hung up on the term god in speech as preface or formality. To put it another way; Lord Blackpudding might in fact be somebody's Lord, he's not really a Charr's Lord. Nor would the Charr give two shits that he is called Lord Blackpudding. The "Lord" in this case just might be another being Charr are likely to kill one day.

Those gods the Flame Legion and other races worship were false in the sense the Charr came to realize they weren't godly at all. In the Charr opening cinematic the voice over says, "We killed our gods with engines of fire."

Which if read in a modernist bent suggests a philosophical killing off of superstition. I don't believe the Charr hate "Gods"- so much as Charr think it's all B.S. as these beings (though powerful & recognized as Gods by others) can be killed or dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    Doesn't really fit in a fantasy setting like GW2.
    /facepalm

Well, glad to hear that I'll be playing a prof that is quite disliked. I can sympathize with just about all of them except for what was quoted...I don't get why people can't accept it, but oh well.

I'll be having fun with my Batman utility belt, tyvm ^^

Anyway to get back OT, went Necro but it's pretty close to Mesmer for me. I wouldn't be surprised if I end up playing a necro alt more than a mesmer alt.

Sadly, Engineer. I don't ever want to really play one at all and doesn't have any appeal to me besides the fact they can use certain elite abilities of other professions.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Wondering if there was so much no comments about engineers in WAR More power to engineers !!!

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Mesmer hate there silly laser sword and stupid butterfly effects. Also clones.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalBoot View Post
    Mesmer hate there silly laser sword and stupid butterfly effects. Also clones.
    You got nothing on us!

Pew Pew

Deleted
    I must have seen/read other information than everybody else...

I voted Elementalist and want to play Engineer so badly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post
    I must have seen/read other information than everybody else...

I voted Elementalist and want to play Engineer so badly
    elementalist just seems so... bleh this time around

i dont know why just cant put my finger on it. but i still like necro the least
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    elementalist just seems so... bleh this time around
    Bleh how? O_o

It seems to me that it's the most versatile profession. Well, next to the engineer.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Bleh how? O_o

It seems to me that it's the most versatile profession. Well, next to the engineer.
    im not sure, i just dont feel nearly as compelled to try it as i did in GW1

in fact ele was my number 1 alt
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    im not sure, i just dont feel nearly as compelled to try it as i did in GW1

in fact ele was my number 1 alt
    I dunno. It's just that when playing GW1, even though I haven't gotten into it that much, Elementalist there feels much more bland that what I'm hoping to experience in GW2. Elementalists in GW1 just seem to be all about straight-up damage, plus energy management (that one's more annoying than fun). At least in GW2, I get to have crazy utility.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I dunno. It's just that when playing GW1, even though I haven't gotten into it that much, Elementalist there feels much more bland that what I'm hoping to experience in GW2. Elementalists in GW1 just seem to be all about straight-up damage, plus energy management (that one's more annoying than fun). At least in GW2, I get to have crazy utility.
    we always ran ele flag runners in gvg and water ele was my fav setup, sometimes with some air for arc lightning

ele had tons of support and their large pools allowed for crazy stuff from other profs
    The Original Ganksta