Diablo 3 will be difficult

To answer a question from a previous thread, diablo 3 on inferno mode will be damn hard. It doesn't need to cater for kids and casuals because it's rated M for mature and 15+ in UK. So if players bitch it's too easy on inferno they actually have an excuse to say it's not for kids.

Wow is for all ages and MoP will bring a lot more under 12s into the game. So it needs to be made casual and clearable by them, which is another reason for LFR. So if you are mature and have a brain then u probably not enjoying current wow like you did in burning crusade, but trust me diablo 3 will keep you entertained.

I wonder if there will be lightning enchanted multi shot physical immune mobs in D3 like in D2.

Deleted
    Ok, I'll bite.

rated M for mature and 15+ in UK
    How exactly does this correlate to hardness and it not catering for kids? CoD has a higher rating, and yet look at all the kids playing that.

That is all.

But the big question is, for how long?

Quote Originally Posted by erdi View Post
    But the big question is, for how long?
    As long as there is an easy mode too - I'll be happy. I get upset in WoW when they nerf heroic modes, not when they nerf Normal modes.

Why do I want easy mode - because I enjoy relaxing and have fun in a game, not for competition, not for any other reason than to enjoy it.

So Blizzard - keep the easy modes, keep the hard modes ... no need to nerf the hard modes when you have already given us whimps the easy modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fysi View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

How exactly does this correlate to hardness and it not catering for kids? CoD has a higher rating, and yet look at all the kids playing that.

That is all.
    Well I am just pointing out they have an excuse and can cater for a mature audience with an appropriate difficulty level, obviously kids will be playing it whether they like it or not but they don't have to cater for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I wonder if there will be lightning enchanted multi shot physical immune mobs in D3 like in D2.
    Only need them in Hardcore mode really, there are not as much fun in normal mode :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    As long as there is an easy mode too - I'll be happy. I get upset in WoW when they nerf heroic modes, not when they nerf Normal modes.
    The problem is that the Diablo series is different from World of Warcraft. Whereas World of Warcraft has a hardmode for people who want to experience something more, the extra difficulties in Diablo are not just a sort of "achievement", but more the next step. In Diablo 2, when you were done with normal, you were ~24-30, and then if you wanted to level further, you'd go onto the next difficulty.
    So in short, the difficulties in Diablo are just new "zones" for leveling.
    If you want to be 'heroic', Hardcore is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MLyhne View Post
    The problem is that the Diablo series is different from World of Warcraft. Whereas World of Warcraft has a hardmode for people who want to experience something more, the extra difficulties in Diablo are not just a sort of "achievement", but more the next step. In Diablo 2, when you were done with normal, you were ~24-30, and then if you wanted to level further, you'd go onto the next difficulty.
    So in short, the difficulties in Diablo are just new "zones" for leveling.
    If you want to be 'heroic', Hardcore is the way to go.
    Except there'd be no problem in saying, "Okay guys, progression stops here for people who suck at the game." Prior to LFR's dumbing everything down, they kinda had that in place for WoW - if you weren't good enough to be able to cut it in raids, 5-man heroics were the end of progression for you until you got better at the game.

I don't really see there as being a problem here.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It will be the same as previous games. It will be easy and hard at the same time because Diablo series has 3-4 mode for people to enjoy.

Deleted
    One thing that'll make it harder than D2 is the fact that you're limited to 4 people per game compared to 8 people. If you had one shitty person in a game in D2 it was very easy to cover for that. It'll be much harder to do that in D3.

@schwarzkopf :
    They never really nerfed anything in D2, just fixed certain bugs like fire enhanced bosses instantly killing everyone in the area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't think so, not with the amount they've dumped down the game.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Ohh dear god. I cant even begin to imagine the new mechanics they are going to put into mobs. Inferno is going to be insane. I would be willing to bet 80% of the player base will not even make it into Inferno mode.

Over the past 12 years, only 2 of my D2 chars could solo HELL legitimately. And they were 95 +, and max res.

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    I honestly don't think so, not with the amount they've dumped down the game.
    Please explain how they've dumbed down the game. Skill/Rune selection system instead of dumping stats into Vit and googling skills for the best build? Or the removal of space wasting gimmicks like TP/ID scrolls?

People constantly say this but I have yet to see anyone give a convincing reason why the game is actually "dumbed down". Im honestly curious how people come to this conclusion, please do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by ANewStart View Post
    To answer a question from a previous thread, diablo 3 on inferno mode will be damn hard. It doesn't need to cater for kids and casuals because it's rated M for mature and 15+ in UK. So if players bitch it's too easy on inferno they actually have an excuse to say it's not for kids.

Wow is for all ages and MoP will bring a lot more under 12s into the game. So it needs to be made casual and clearable by them, which is another reason for LFR. So if you are mature and have a brain then u probably not enjoying current wow like you did in burning crusade, but trust me diablo 3 will keep you entertained.
    WoW isn't for all ages... please learn yourself some knowledge.

WoW is rated T.

Also, this argument doesn't work. WoW has 3 modes in their raiding - LFR, normal, and heroic. So everyone can see the content, but they still nerf heroic.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Over the past 12 years, only 2 of my D2 chars could solo HELL legitimately. And they were 95 +, and max res.
    I feel for you, but I'm sorry to say that all of my chars solo Hell entirely legitimately and many with me. You must be doing something wrong :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I feel for you, but I'm sorry to say that all of my chars solo Hell entirely legitimately and many with me. You must be doing something wrong :P
    I did make one of every class at one point or another, but I only played a Necro and Amazon into hell and collected BIS gear. I always wanted to do smite pally. That might be something I do while we wait for D3 to release.

Deleted
    The game isn't dumbed down. But for hardcore gamers who raid WoW's heroic modes in the patch they come out, Inferno isn't going to be hard. It's obviously a PR move on Blizz's part to keep the non-casual audience interested in buying a game after they removed the replayable content from it (IE, PVP).

Potions have a cooldown in D3. In Diablo 2, there were rejuvenation and regular health potions that were spammable. Inferno will be easier than diablo 2 hell difficulty.
    The lips of the righteous shall meditate wisdom, and he shall speak justice.