Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I am * completely* in agreement with this particular person no longer showing up on every popular video, I do think that this is sort of a blow to the philosophy of User-Created and User-Generated content on that web-service.

We may not like everything on Youtube, but we are not obligated to click anything on the site we may dislike. Frankly, it is fairly obvious why you would or would not click her links.

The solution is also fairly archaic. A Personal Settings filter would have been less of a deliberate crackdown on someones creativity but still allow users to go about their day without seeing what they don't want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

about time, but that still means that the videos are there but aren't showing on the related, but still is a good thing that no one have to watch that on relateds
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    err..ok. ..? Who the hell is she anyway?

Seems like i am watching Videos that noone else watches or noone cares about..i never seen her before.

Quote Originally Posted by Degz View Post
    but but i loved the teen tits
    I guess you can always go to google and search for that on Image search?

Poor Athene... No more attention whoring. :>

Deleted
    I wasn't even aware of that... stuff... things... girl... thing.
    Good riddance I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    About time, kinda annoying to see them on the sides, they're essentially whores >_>

Can't the system be based off number of dislikes to? Anything with a bit more than a majority of dislikes are normally a waste of time and should be taken off the related video searches. Same thing goes for videos with ratings and comments disabled.

Awesome, I hate seeing boobs on the internet they disgust me.

Dont even understand what this is about. Attractive girls that rants in a video response to a video your seing?

Looks like that reply girl has a new handle. Just watched a new yogscast video and saw her again under a new name doing replies. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    We may not like everything on Youtube, but we are not obligated to click anything on the site we may dislike. Frankly, it is fairly obvious why you would or would not click her links.
    The problem with reply-spamming is that it's noise. Related videos should help you find interesting content, but if the box is filled with junk it's functionality has been compromised. Reply-spam "breaks" part of Youtube's intended functionality, and potentially damages revenue due to people not navigating content.

The solution is also fairly archaic. A Personal Settings filter would have been less of a deliberate crackdown on someones creativity but still allow users to go about their day without seeing what they don't want to see.
    Filtering channels would be great. It's doable from the search box, but a list in settings would be swell.

Deleted
    The replygirl showed up for me yesterday on related on a yogscast video :< it said it was another account so I though yay her account was banned or something, but it lead my to the "replygirl" account somehow still

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    I wasn't aware of this phenomena. Oh well.
    Me neither lol, but good fix I guess :P
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

While I am * completely* in agreement with this particular person no longer showing up on every popular video, I do think that this is sort of a blow to the philosophy of User-Created and User-Generated content on that web-service.

I am all for freedom of speech in user-generated content as well. But honestly, there is *no* content here. They are videos made specifically for the purpose of spamming. Spam which then leeches money from successful channels which actually create content. There is no thought put into these reply videos, no opinion, no content, no nothing. It is spam created to make money at the expense of the users' YouTube experience.

You are completely right about not being obligated to click on them, though. And that's the user's own fault. Most people click on them, click on the dislike button, and close the window, without realizing that by doing that they are giving the channel views, which in turn becomes cash.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account

Youtube is sorely lacking in tools to help you filter out the dross. I can't report the shit bands that spam my inbox with their terrible fucking music (not without clicking on the link and giving them a hit), and it's equally impossible to see, say, one of these reply girls in the side bar and tell Youtube that you aren't interested in that.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with the reply girls themselves - they're just taking the opportunity to wear marginally revealing attire to exploit the un-sexed nature of the people who watch the videos they're "replying" to in the first place.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow