Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    I'm a little disappointed that the Ring of Fire and Crystal Desert won't be explorable at launch.I'm an absolute nut for deserts. :<
    Really? That's a shame. The Crystal Desert would be beautiful in Guild Wars 2's style. At least we'll get to see it some day, I hope.

Deleted
    I cant wait to put my charr on divines reach

Nice post Grandpab.
    U keep digging out little nuggets recently. Nice1
    I'll take a stab...description wise.
    The artistic, brushstroke style seems to translate into a master artist's attention to detail and dedicated care for world design that I think is frankly unparalleled. Have you seen that joke meme about every pixel being painstakingly handcrafted? It honestly feels like that.
    And when I see a character running through the lush and vibrant environment, it's like every step is awash in that love and fine attention to detail, like every element is designed to be evocative and either seamlessly magnificent or just utterly breathtaking. The subtle brilliance of it is just amazing...like the light effects that are just almost subconsciously dreamlike.
    It's not a world created as a scene for events...it's a vibrant and enthralling world in and unto itself. That's it's mastery; the artist's sheer genius. The suspension of disbelief in a manner that leaves you almost unaware you've been mesmerised, by being seemingly effortlessly brilliant.

I agree with the OP, Arenanet put a LOT of work into Art, backgrounds, and landscapes. It truly looks like a living, breathing world with weather and night and day cycles and everything. I'm really excited to experience it all!

10+ Year Old Account
    All of the Tyria feels just so refreshening! I'm really excited as well.

This game looks so amazing. I can't wait to get in.