Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Indeed mercs have some pretty damn good throughput as far as healing goes. Thankfully my assassin has enough tricks that I can manage them pretty well.
    I think that's my real complaint about the nerf though. Pretty much all of it isn't about the actual healing done, it's just stuff that will make you over heat faster. As it is, in pinch healing I can already overheat extremely quick, and so if there comes to be multiple phases of it faster than my vent heat CD, I'm stuck using my supercharged gas, but with that venting less heat now, and other reliable heat control also getting nerfed, it just seems collectively to be a bit extreme. Maybe if they didn't manage to hit every single heat control we have I would be a lot more comfortable with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    From what I see here, the changes to Cybertech(for example) are not fantastic.*
    Biochem remains the main crew skill with appeal. And armortech but meh...
    Cybertech grenades ftw.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    I think that's my real complaint about the nerf though. Pretty much all of it isn't about the actual healing done, it's just stuff that will make you over heat faster. As it is, in pinch healing I can already overheat extremely quick, and so if there comes to be multiple phases of it faster than my vent heat CD, I'm stuck using my supercharged gas, but with that venting less heat now, and other reliable heat control also getting nerfed, it just seems collectively to be a bit extreme. Maybe if they didn't manage to hit every single heat control we have I would be a lot more comfortable with it.
    That's exactly how i feel (playing merc healer here too). Toning down our throughput is understandable, but heat is going to be an issue in a lot of situations with these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    More nerfs to my merc healers than to sorc healers. Don't know what that's about.
    May have to do with the fact the a well played one can get a players health from ~25% to near full in the time of a cryo cc

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    edit: read it wrong

Dont mind me
    Last edited by SoCal; 2012-03-17 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    ... I had this crazy thought... maybe they want us to bring more healers on an Op? Like 5+ to a 16 man, 3 to an 8 man?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WZT View Post
    ... I had this crazy thought... maybe they want us to bring more healers on an Op? Like 5+ to a 16 man, 3 to an 8 man?
    Doubtful. Bioware Dev's have been pretty good thus far explaining their thoughts on raids and raid make up. If that was the case I'd expect a little tidbit in the Q&A or on the dev tracker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I see the point in sprint at lvl 1 - seems better to just make people run abit faster then.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Deleted
    Doubtful. Bioware Dev's have been pretty good thus far explaining their thoughts on raids and raid make up. If that was the case I'd expect a little tidbit in the Q&A or on the dev tracker.
    Yeah me too, but as far as I see it, healing is already ... difficult .... in some of the NM modes (as in stressful for the healer), why reduce their PvE output and sustainability? In PvP it would've been easier to increase the Trauma debuff from 20% to 30-40%. Anyway just a random thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Not sure how I see the point in sprint at lvl 1 - seems better to just make people run abit faster then.
    Sprint exists in a buff form to allow in combat and out of combat speeds.

Sweet Sith Warrior, and more importantly for me, Sith Juggernaut buffs!
    Added Enraged Defense, a new ability that allows the Juggernaut to spend Rage to lower threat. While active, one point of Rage is spent each time damage is taken to heal the Juggernaut for a small amount. This ability is usable while stunned and is not limited by the global cooldown.
    I can heal myself! In combat! Even when stunned!!! I will now be a ball carrying god! Well, even more of one than I was I mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post

I can heal myself! In combat! Even when stunned!!! I will now be a ball carrying god! Well, even more of one than I was I mean
    Reading this made me realize there's still no dual spec... /sadface

Sure, everyone will now get one free respec a week from that fleet NPC, but...still...

Interface Editor Video for Patch 1.2

I made a small video just showing the layout I made for my Interface for Patch 1.2

http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarunico View Post
    Sprint exists in a buff form to allow in combat and out of combat speeds.
    i thought sprint didnt work in combat,are they changing it in 1.2 or did i miss something

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    i thought sprint didnt work in combat,are they changing it in 1.2 or did i miss something
    Sprint does not affect your in combat speed only your out of combat speed in 1.2. Same as before, you just get it as a baseline ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Karshtakavaar View Post
    May have to do with the fact the a well played one can get a players health from ~25% to near full in the time of a cryo cc
    Except, these changes don't effect the amount of healing they can do, just their heat. And that's not so much a "well played" merc, that's just a healing merc, with its big tank heals.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 01:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WZT View Post
    Yeah me too, but as far as I see it, healing is already ... difficult .... in some of the NM modes (as in stressful for the healer), why reduce their PvE output and sustainability? In PvP it would've been easier to increase the Trauma debuff from 20% to 30-40%. Anyway just a random thought.
    Or to lower the bonus healing from expertise.

10+ Year Old Account
    well as it is now, 90% of the ppl would rather have sorc/op healers in raids, rather than merc healers... it seams to me that this will not change with 1.2.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Changing everyone's speed so it is a flat gain would affect PVP combat. Thus it becomes a baseline ability which is still disabled when we enter combat so it won't affect PVP.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 01:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    well as it is now, 90% of the ppl would rather have sorc/op healers in raids, rather than merc healers... it seams to me that this will not change with 1.2.
    Random %'s without sources do nothing but add fluff to your post. I haven't even started raiding in the game yet but something tells me you just have to find the right guild and or raid group, which is the same for every game.

Changing everyone's speed so it is a flat gain would affect PVP combat. Thus it becomes a baseline ability which is still disabled when we enter combat so it won't affect PVP.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 01:29 PM ----------

Random %'s without sources do nothing but add fluff to your post. I haven't even started raiding in the game yet but something tells me you just have to find the right guild and or raid group, which is the same for every game.
    if you disagree with him you better not want meters or it will show who is underpowered when it comes to healing and alot (i wont say 90%) will not want certain healers to come heal for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0calypse View Post

Yes, you may be able to heal yourself for 3% of your HP every second consuming 1 Focus at a time, but your Rage DPS just took a roughly 20-30% hit.