Thread: Formula 1 2012

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Rosberg fastest in P3, looking like it could be an interesting qualifying session

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 09:39 AM ----------

Yay for the Brits dominating the front row again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slambulance76 View Post
    Rosberg fastest in P3, looking like it could be an interesting qualifying session

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 09:39 AM ----------

Yay for the Brits dominating the front row again
    Oh yea, go Lewis! Hopefully he'll take the win this time, with Jenson as number 2 would be really cool.
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Nice to see Raikkonen qualifying 5th. Too bad his gearbox change will place him 10th on the starting row tomorrow.

And even though it's early in the season, the top 8 all qualifying in the 1:36s is a great sign for the season. While the McLarens clearly have the pace, the others aren't that far behind. Should make for an interesting season.

British 1 & 2 tomorrow, come on!!

Bloody pussies. A bit of rain and everyone goes "waah". Man up and race instead of this waiting wankery!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Bloody pussies. A bit of rain and everyone goes "waah". Man up and race instead of this waiting wankery!
    If you thought that was bad, you shouldn't watch NASCAR then. They're even more of wusses when it comes to rain and not racing due to it, although it's because racing in the rain on oval tracks is a very bad idea.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Happy belated birthday, Ayrton Senna. You are missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Yeah because driving a car at 200mph with basically 0 grip or downforce would be clever now wouldnt it, you'd end up with either everyone in the wall or people driving at about half of top speed with no action, Im sure that would be exciting.

The actual race though, what a result! Bet no one saw that coming. No idea what happened to Lewis tbh, just kinda vanished after the restart, all on his lonesome in P3. Gonna give amazing credit to Alonso, I never really rated him before, but to win a race in that Ferrari? Holy hell that was a drive. Perez though, man of the day imo, he was quick last week, this week I felt he deserved the win though, real shame he put it on the kerb and lost so much time.

This season is already great, I cant wait to watch it go all the way through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that race was well... unexpected.. Mclaren really need to sort out their pit stops, this time it fucked Lewis and Jenson over once again, and someone needs to teach Jenson not to take big risiks... Well good race to watch, and Vettel got no points aswell, so that's good. To bad there's a 3 week break now :<
    Oderint dum metuat.
    Success is dependent on effort.

Deleted
    Without even a hint of hyperbole, that race was even better than the Canadian GP last year. What a race from Perez. I wouldn't be suprised if in the coming weeks, Massa is booted and replaced by him seeing that he's already part of the Ferrari young driver programme and all. Alonso had a blinding race as well, he took an average car and produced a pretty decent win from it. Proof in my eyes that he is in fact the best driver on the grid.

Deleted
    Brilliant race from Sergio Perez....feels kinda bitter sweet though that race was his to win and his team was way to cautious :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Brilliant race from Sergio Perez....feels kinda bitter sweet though that race was his to win and his team was way to cautious :S
    I don't think it was because of the team orders. Sergio Perez (in my eyes) isn't the kind of driver to pass up a potential race win. It was just inexperience and pressure which led to a tiny little mistake. But still, a bloody fantastic drive.

Narain Karthikeyan needs to be suspended or something.

I don't know whether joining Ferrari would be the best thing for Perez, he would have to be happy about being the 2nd driver in the team behind Alonso.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    I don't think it was because of the team orders. Sergio Perez (in my eyes) isn't the kind of driver to pass up a potential race win. It was just inexperience and pressure which led to a tiny little mistake. But still, a bloody fantastic drive.
    Yeah maybe, rumour that Ferrari are looking at him for Massa's seat also, I think he's got a good future ahead of him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    Narain Karthikeyan needs to be suspended or something.
    Why? It's obvious from looking at the incidents that Button simply fucked up his braking and Vettel turned in on him. Karthikeyan wasn't in the wrong on any of those incidents. You could argue that he didn't leave enough room to be lapped by Vettel, but that's such a silly argument because if Vettel had waited another tenth of a second before turning in, he could've completely avoided him. The incident with Button was for position and was just a racing incident, if ANYTHING, Button should be the one with a penalty.

Those two events were racing accidents, completely avoidable by Button and Vettel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I don't know whether joining Ferrari would be the best thing for Perez, he would have to be happy about being the 2nd driver in the team behind Alonso.
    Well, really... What else is better at the moment? Ferrari are one of the big three teams (along with RBR and McLaren) and even though they're struggling at the moment, they have the staff and resources to turn it around, as was evident today. RBR's driver lineup next season will -probably- be Vettel and Ricciardo, unless Webber decides to stay on another season or Vergne pulls something amazing out the bag. McLaren will more than likely stick with Button and Hamilton. The only seat which is going to be open in the big three is currently Massa's. You could argue that a seat at Lotus or Mercedes would be equally as good, but I don't think a seat at Lotus will be free next season and if Schumacher retires at the end of this season, it's likely his seat will be filled by Di Resta.

Ferrari is a good option for Perez in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Those two events were racing accidents, completely avoidable by Button and Vettel.
    This. It was the two other drivers in the wrong, the commentary team immediately called it too.

Chinese race weekend starting up atm. Q1 just starting, anyone with early predictions?

Imma go out on a limb and call Button win, and probably pole too with Hamilton 5 place penalty. Feeling Hamilton will get 3rd, Vettel 2nd?