Thread: Formula 1 2012

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Not very sporting of Ferrari to deliberately incur a penalty for Massa to move Alonso up one place. Cheap move.

Probably wouldnt have really mattered, Massa woulda just let Alonso through.

Awesome race at USA, I drove the track at Simraceway and found it to be incredibly technical and difficult to drive (and to be honest I didn't like it, it felt like a track designed to force mistakes out of a driver). It works though, the race was great.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Awesome race at USA, I drove the track at Simraceway and found it to be incredibly technical and difficult to drive (and to be honest I didn't like it, it felt like a track designed to force mistakes out of a driver). It works though, the race was great.
    I just tried it out too, blooming hard track that. Especially Turn 1 and Turn 19 are designed to catch you out, and if you don't know the track by heart then you'll miss the apexes every damn time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Vettel not the start he wanted

This is probably THE best race of the season and with so much on the line. And just to make it even more epic "One more Leeroy Jenkins moment", win commentator!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a great race. And the Sky commentary is always great!
    Delu čast in oblast!
    Praise the work and give it power!

10+ Year Old Account
    Really not Ham's season I feel so bad for him

Best race of the season, felt bad for Alonso but I don't think anyone could say Vettel didn't deserve it after that comeback, Jenson a genius as usually in the changing conditions.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Excellent season for Kimi after 2 years of not driving. 3rd place in championship is not bad at all expesially with how badly Lotus managed mid-season as a car.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Best race of the season, felt bad for Alonso but I don't think anyone could say Vettel didn't deserve it after that comeback, Jenson a genius as usually in the changing conditions.
    I don't think anyone would say Vettel didn't deserve it. He did a great job, and shown his class right there.
    He deserves the title without a doubt.
    One thing that made me smile was the place trade... Massa let's Alonso pass. I was like, yeah suuure... go ahead. (not that I have a problem with team order)

And then shortly after, Schumi let's Vettel pass. I was like that THAT Ferrari.... lol

Always good to have a friend on the track, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    And then shortly after, Schumi let's Vettel pass. I was like that THAT Ferrari.... lol

Always good to have a friend on the track, I guess.
    Going to be used as an example of how Schumacher passed the baton on to Vettel for years to come. It was somewhat touching in a way. :3

My partner was also somewhat astonished when I told him that Massa would just slow down to let Alonso through. He genuinely thought Massa would try to get closer to Button before letting Alonso through, so that Alonso could challenge for the lead. I don't think he realised that that McLaren was beyond the Ferraris' ability to catch up.

Roll on 2013.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not over yet folks. Ferrari are looking at footage to see if Vettel did an illegal overtake under the flags and appeal the race result.

Personally I hope they let it go, having a champion decided off the track in these instances would be a massive anti-climax.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Well the commentary team were pretty certain he did, and if thats the case he did deserve a drive-through. Would a 20second penalty at this point take him outta the points he needed? (Inb4 it takes him behind Schumey who declares his car illegal)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well the commentary team were pretty certain he did, and if thats the case he did deserve a drive-through. Would a 20second penalty at this point take him outta the points he needed? (Inb4 it takes him behind Schumey who declares his car illegal)
    The 20second penalty would take him behind Vergne by 0.2 seconds (did they know Vettel could get a penalty and slowed him down for that 20 second penalty but failed by 0.2 seconds?) making Alonso champion by 1 single point

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    It's not over yet folks. Ferrari are looking at footage to see if Vettel did an illegal overtake under the flags and appeal the race result.

Personally I hope they let it go, having a champion decided off the track in these instances would be a massive anti-climax.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104644

FIA sources have confirmed to AUTOSPORT that the yellow-flag sector at Interlagos started at the light panel just before Turn 3, at marshal sector 3, and ends about 150m before Turn 4, where a green light panel is displayed.

However, there is a marshal's post in between these two panels and a green flag was being waved there on that lap.

Under the FIA's rules for the Brazilian GP, if a green flag is displayed before a green light - as it was in Vettel's case - it is the first green that counts.

Therefore, the FIA is in no doubt that Vettel's pass was legitimate, which is why race control was not informed of any potential infringement.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-11-29 at 12:10 PM.

Rule changes for the 2013 season:

• DRS only in the DRS zones during Free Practice and Qualifying
    • Paddock Curfew extended to 8 hours, up from 6. Permitted curfew breaks during the season reduced to 2, down from 4.
    • More stringent tests for bodywork to restrict flexing when at high speed.
    • Minimum car weight increased to account for the heavier engines.
    • Removal of the Force Majeure excuse for stopping on the track at the end of a qualifying session. The fuel amount required to return to the pit lane will be added to the 1 litre currently required for testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Really not Ham's season I feel so bad for him
    Not a fan of Hamilton, he is drives pretty dangerously

Dont mean to necro, but I thought i'd point out for anyone interested that the BBC sport team are doing a piece (once a week, i think) leading upto the new February testing about how to go about building a formula one car.

Here is part one (conceptual design). Enjoy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20844843