Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Because MMO-Champion respects the companies.
    Is that why almost all the expansion leaks have been posted on the front page for all to see?

There is no point in redirection traffic to another website, this NDA is almost as worthless legally as the annual pass, in a matter of days this information is going to be everywhere anyways, there is no reason for it to be on another site.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I <3 our mods
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    Why is that?

Did MMO-champion sign an NDA to Guild Wars 2?

If you did then I can totally see why not letting anything be posted here, but if not, you are not legally bound by any means. The posters of the forum who got into the beta are.
    It was stated when you signed up that you are not allowed to post any information about the BETA; not even you getting into said BETA. They posted it on their twitter account saying that you're not allowed to post anything about the BETA, even just saying you've been accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    It was stated when you signed up that you are not allowed to post any information about the BETA; not even you getting into said BETA. They posted it on their twitter account saying that you're not allowed to post anything about the BETA, even just saying you've been accepted.
    Well that's cool but it's not going to matter either way.

Dumbest Thread 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that why almost all the expansion leaks have been posted on the front page for all to see?
    All "expansion leaks" that get posted is stuff that Bobo is likely allowed to post. He wouldn't risk his connections like that.

It's typically publicly available information before he even posts it. I bet he knew, through his connections, that MoP was guaranteed to be the next beta when he first posted about the registered legal stuff he mentioned, but the only thing he shared was the publicly available knowledge that Blizzard registered the name - he never confirmed nor denied. Merely reported what anybody else could (and, obviously, DID) google for.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

All "expansion leaks" that get posted is stuff that Bobo is likely allowed to post. He wouldn't risk his connections like that.

It's typically publicly available information before he even posts it. I bet he knew, through his connections, that MoP was guaranteed to be the next beta when he first posted about the registered legal stuff he mentioned, but the only thing he shared was the publicly available knowledge that Blizzard registered the name - he never confirmed nor denied. Merely reported what anybody else could (and, obviously, DID) google for.
    Why direct traffic away from this site when that is not breaking any laws?

I don't understand this, I guess i'll stop posting

Dumbest Thread 2012

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    If you registered for the beta, you agreed to the NDA. If you post on these forums, you agree to respect the NDA, even if you didn't sign one.
    There is no NDA to respect if you don't agree to it. Not to mention he email isn't covered by NDA at all, simply only your status as a tester IF you agreed to be one. Anything up to the point of confirming your agreement is free game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why direct traffic away from this site when that is not breaking any laws?

I don't understand this, I guess i'll stop posting
    He didn't direct traffic away from the site.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 11:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by snegro View Post
    There is no NDA to respect if you don't agree to it. Not to mention he email isn't covered by NDA at all, simply only your status as a tester IF you agreed to be one. Anything up to the point of confirming your agreement is free game.
    Your status as a tester is something you legally agreed not to share.

It doesn't matter if you share it before signing - you shared it. You legally said you wouldn't share it.

If the company decides it's in their best interests to either sue you, or simply remove your beta privileges, you think that pitiful defense will matter one whit?
    Cause it won't. =\
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Why is that?

Did MMO-champion sign an NDA to Guild Wars 2?

If you did then I can totally see why not letting anything be posted here, but if not, you are not legally bound by any means. The posters of the forum who got into the beta are.
    Because MMO-Champ could get into some serious trouble if they started letting everybody post information even though an NDA is in place
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Because MMO-Champ could get into some serious trouble if they started letting everybody post information even though an NDA is in place
    If that's true then my apologies, but I don't think it is.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Wether or not that is the case, any information posted on this website can be censored as much as they like being that they are the ones who run the site, they've asked everyone to respect the NDA and not to disclose any information...respect it, if you really want to share information do it elsewhere
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    Yeah.

There is no point in redirection traffic to another website, this NDA is almost as worthless legally as the annual pass, in a matter of days this information is going to be everywhere anyways, there is no reason for it to be on another site.
    Herp derp. No they haven't. Cataclysm leaks were taken down a day after they were posted.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't signed it. I can tell you right now though that I am a tester. Why? Because all I have to do IS sign it. There's no second check after this point.
    Again, that doesn't matter. Once you sign it, you've already broken it. And if they find out that it's public knowledge that you are a tester, bad news bears, you are, at best, kicked out of beta.

The specific time you signed it simply does not make a difference in matters of non-disclosure agreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Nonsense. There are plenty of sites posting leaks and breaking the NDA. The same thing happens for every MMO closed beta, and none of the sites breaking it ever get sued. They might take away beta access from individuals who break it, but that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    Nonsense. There are plenty of sites posting leaks and breaking the NDA. The same thing happens for every MMO closed beta, and none of the sites breaking it ever get sued. They might take away beta access from individuals who break it, but that's all.
    Ofcourse there's sites posting leaked content, they're not exactly on a scale like MMO-Champ / Curse etc though
    Yeah.

Again, that doesn't matter. Once you sign it, you've already broken it. And if they find out that it's public knowledge that you are a tester, bad news bears, you are, at best, kicked out of beta.

The specific time you signed it simply does not make a difference in matters of non-disclosure agreements.
    It's alright. I have no intentions of playing the beta. I just like to test my luck with beta sign-ups.

Off to work, toodles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gx240 View Post
    MMO-Champion isn't those other sites. MMO-Champion is recognized not just by players, but by the companies, as a reliable and trustworthy news source.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 11:47 AM ----------

It's alright. I have no intentions of playing the beta. I just like to test my luck with beta sign-ups.

Off to work, toodles.
    Then at this point, you're just trying to troll.

If you're not testing the beta, and aren't accessing the beta, and have no information to share on the beta, then you signing that NDA has no impact on anybody, and you say you became king of Divinity's Reach for all we care - ANet is the group who will decide how much you actually know, or don't know.

MMO-Champion isn't those other sites. MMO-Champion is recognized not just by players, but by the companies, as a reliable and trustworthy news source.
    Yeah, the forums are definitely recognized as a trustworthy news source.

Derp Derp Derp.

This isn't a debate guys. Abide by the rules or get infracted. End of story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    edgecrusherO0 please stop spamming. There's already a sticky on this topic.

Next time feel free to use the search tool. It's very convenient!
    Made me laugh.

Thanks for making this one though Edge, it's actually very helpful, and I imagine that if people actually bother reading this it'll be less work for you in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...