Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blizzard needs to do something about duplicated items

This isn't only the case with mounts like these but also epic gems and many other valuable items. It's getting annoying and it's completely ruining the market. /endrant

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that's just pure funny right there, I was actually okay with the garnets thing being duped but this is just ridiculous ahaha.

Looks like you were trying to buy one cheap though xD

STOP THIS IS OUTRAGE*** after I bought mine cheap

Can't you get the mount multiple times?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knomad View Post
    Via shadowmourne however that takes time, Now if you think 20420420402 people are going to run that place and have like 90+ of them in the AH then that's gullible right there haha

Quote Originally Posted by Knomad View Post
    you can dupe anything in the game. cheaters are months ahead of blizz and ALWAYS have been. it's extremely easy to dupe things and after blizz shuts a dupe down and they figure out another, it will be months before you hear about it

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    Via shadowmourne however that takes time, Now if you think 20420420402 people are going to run that place and have like 90+ of them in the AH then that's gullible right there haha
    Well don't you just have to kill The Lich King with shadowmourne and then get the chest?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    Looks like you were trying to buy one cheap though xD

STOP THIS IS OUTRAGE*** after I bought mine cheap
    I was just whispering him to see what he was trying to sell it for seeing as he had 3 on the AH

A) that's a really great price for that mount
    B) Maybe I'm really missing something here, but is it unreasonable that maybe this player is buying multiple mounts and reselling them? Or doing SM on multiple characters? In other words, coming across them legitimately? You seem to be implying that he's somehow cheating...

What server is that? o.o I want to buy one... They are 200-250k on my server.

This is not like blizz to let this type of thing go... I expect to see this in low budget mmos, not WoW. really surprised it's not hotfixed yet.

I didn't think it was possible to dupe items since everything needs to be verified with the servers. Even if they hack the client, it won't agree with the server's record and not actually recognize new items.

Most likely this is just leftovers of the glitch that allowed you to open items without actually consuming the item, so you could have three small heavenly shards and keep making heavenly, unlimited opens on the deathwing essence, etc.

They just layed low for a while waiting for blizzard to stop looking for them.

This has long since been fixed.

Dumbest Thread 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    Most likely this is just leftovers of the glitch that allowed you to open items without actually consuming the item, so you could have three small heavenly shards and keep making heavenly, unlimited opens on the deathwing essence, etc.

They just layed low for a while waiting for blizzard to stop looking for them.

This has long since been fixed.
    so there is no problem?

Just file a GM ticket and they will do something about it if they are not legitimate.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
    so there is no problem?
    I can't say for sure, I was told there are more than 10 dupe methods, but they are very very hard to reproduce and very time restraining, this one was easily repeatable, but it was fixed.

There may be a new method, the people hacking/glitching the game have been doing it for years and a lot of them are experienced programmers themselves which opens a door of opportunity.

Dumbest Thread 2012

@ 85 that thing would be easy to farm, but it'll require a few months to get each. I don't see 3 being THAT crazy. But isn't Supply and demand a beautiful thing when you see it in action. Was always around 90k+ on my realm - but then again was only ever 1 or 2 up there.

Sounds like have-nots being mad at the haves.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    @ 85 that thing would be easy to farm, but it'll require a few months to get each. I don't see 3 being THAT crazy. But isn't Supply and demand a beautiful thing when you see it in action. Was always around 90k+ on my realm - but then again was only ever 1 or 2 up there.
    ahh no, since you need Shadowmourne, and kill lich king, to get the chest from him... would take a VERY VERY VERY long to get as many in the ah, like shown in the op, but i agree blizz needs to do something about it, first it was gems, people selling em at stacks at a time... it is becoming diablo all over again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx100 View Post
    ahh no, since you need Shadowmourne, and kill lich king, to get the chest from him... would take a VERY VERY VERY long to get as many in the ah, like shown in the op, but i agree blizz needs to do something about it, first it was gems, people selling em at stacks at a time... it is becoming diablo all over again
    But the diablo thing was actually ''Alright'' haha