Gnomish vs Goblin Engineering

Just wondering which you guys prefer. Never had an engineer before, so don't know which has more toys and which is more combat useful.

Opinions?

Goblin is best i believe, havnt played in a while though.

Goblin is the only one that can craft a Cata bomb. But it has a 0.5 second cast time and resets your weapon swings. The WotLK Saronite bomb doesn't have these downsides and is a lot cheaper to craft to boot and doesn't require a specialization. It still requires you to target it, but if you do it quickly it's free damage.

In general, Goblin is aimed more towards bombs and Gnomish is aimed more towards fun/weird items.

These are the items that each specialization can craft. Browse them a bit and decide which one has more appeal to you:
    Goblin: http://www.wowhead.com/spells=11.202.20222
    Gnomish: http://www.wowhead.com/spells=11.202.20219

Now i may be an idiot but how do you switch from goblin to Gnomish now. The chick and book that were in north tanaris are gone, the book has had its pages destroyed and the chick is now an evil mob.

Go Gnome or go home! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Now i may be an idiot but how do you switch from goblin to Gnomish now. The chick and book that were in north tanaris are gone, the book has had its pages destroyed and the chick is now an evil mob.
    Chick? What? You mean Narain Soothfancy? He is still in Tanaris and he has the book for switching specs, he just moved to another location - now he is in Bootlegger Outpost (Tanaris).

Deleted
    Goblin for the world destroyer!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    Go Gnome or go home! :P

Chick? What? You mean Narain Soothfancy? He is still in Tanaris and he has the book for switching specs, he just moved to another location - now he is in Bootlegger Outpost (Tanaris).

I wasnt able to click the book and all he did was point at the book when i talked to him.

I wasnt able to click the book and all he did was point at the book when i talked to him.
    I was able to do it in 4.2, not sure if they changed something back when they modified getting profession specializations (that was like 4 months ago no?).

10+ Year Old Account
    i belive you can now swich between goblin and gnomish @ your local triner, however you will need to do quest again.

As to the OP , dosnt rly matter if you chose goblin or gnomish since tinkers dosnt require specialization, theres no use for any specialization in endgame (sadly), exept having teleports to: gadgetzan and toshley station (gnomish) winterspring and area 52 (goblin)

Deleted
    I hope Engineering sees some decent updates in MoP...

...and new goggles.

Does anyone also really hate that their cata goggles are limited to class specific, as for example as a warrior are limited to the red lenses because we can't learn the schematic for the blue paladin ones for transmog.

That limitation really bugs me, I really wanted the blue paladin goggles..

As to the OP , dosnt rly matter if you chose goblin or gnomish since tinkers dosnt require specialization, theres no use for any specialization in endgame (sadly), exept having teleports to: gadgetzan and toshley station (gnomish) winterspring and area 52 (goblin)
    Thats the only reason i swapped.