Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Some people call massive plot holes, sudden changes of agenda, retcons and general lack of direction a good plot. Maybe for them it is.
    Maybe if I didn't I buy this game to play Mass Effect, but really Warhammer 40K.

What I've gathered from everyone I've talked to is that the entire game is great and much superior to the others and does exactly what it should be doing, except the ending which is so piss poor that there's huge petitions floating around requesting that BioWare change it and people are planning to drag BioWare to court on a class-action lawsuit for the product not delivering what they had promised it would (I kid you not).
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything about the game was good/great except the ending.

The main plot is thicker than ME2 and better written. They made Citadel better than ME2. ME1's Citadel was a nightmare. ME2 made it better, but I like the ME3's Citadel better. Side quests are not as annoying as before. I still find ME1's dialogues better, but ME3 did ok.

What I've gathered from everyone I've talked to is that the entire game is great and much superior to the others and does exactly what it should be doing, except the ending which is so piss poor that there's huge petitions floating around requesting that BioWare change it and people are planning to drag BioWare to court on a class-action lawsuit for the product not delivering what they had promised it would (I kid you not).
    See you all in the court. We'll get those bastards.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2012-03-18 at 02:37 PM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Everything about the game was good/great except the ending.

The main plot is thicker than ME2 and better written. They made Citadel better than ME2. ME1's Citadel was a nightmare. ME2 made it better, but I like the ME3's Citadel better. Side quests are not as annoying as before. I still find ME1's dialogues better, but ME3 did ok.
    The pure gameplay was also better in ME3 than it was in ME2, both being far superior to ME1. They only made some slight improvements compared to ME2, but these were well chosen and fit perfectly, imo.
    [Although they still haven't managed to balance the Vanguard. At lower difficulties you jump, kill, jump, kill, jump, kill and are done with an entire wave of enemies after 10 seconds. At higher difficulties you jump, die.]

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt plot wise it was over all better than ME2. Their was certainly more humour and in general more emotion in the 3rd one. Their were more memorable scenes as well. I don't recall being as moved in the 2nd game certainly. The story in general (ending aside apparently) was better overall in me3.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-03-18 at 06:14 PM.

Irrational hatred is always funny to witness.

Thanks for the few minutes of laughter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    No, they understand it, they don't agree that its an appropriate ending for the series. I can live with a downer ending, if its written well enough. A good ending, happy or tragic does not leave you feeling cheated or angry.
    Agree with this. In Dreamfall ending (my favorite game of all times) out of 3 main characters 1 dies at the hand of the enemy, another one goes into coma and the 3rd one gets arrested and is to be executed for treason by the enemy. It was so well done that, after god knows how many years, I still think about that game.

ME3 ending, story wise, was ok but it was not well executed. Sheppard's death felt retarded rather than heroic. Anderson's death was done like it meant nothing. The final scene was very disappointing and the kid didn't really make sense.

For example: Sheppard, barely alive, is crawling to perform his last heroic act that saves gazillion lives, and there is nothing in the music to reflect that
    Last edited by Deleo; 2012-03-18 at 07:14 PM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Irrational hatred is always funny to witness.

Thanks for the few minutes of laughter.
    Looking through your post history, you seem like an incredibly cynical person. Your posts almost exclusively contain criticism and negativity towards others.

Out of curiosity, do you consciously write these posts with the intention to oppose other people or are these your honest feelings? I'm mainly asking because there is next to no irrational hate towards the ME3 ending here. We've explained it quite a lot and constantly showed many valid points for our feelings.

Play me 1, me 2, me 3,
    it doesn't really matter all that much what you do, in the end you still do the same missions and have the same basic units with you. They might be named differently but in the end, whether you got a girl or a guy with you, they still use the same gun.

People praise the game for it's multidirection quests etc, good ending on 1 and 2, and they completely killed that in 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ending pretty much killed the game for me at least, I was gonna replay it, but I can´t even be bothered now seeing how all the endings are.

Its like when you read a story or watch a movie that you like, but then when you see the ending you lose all interest in watching or reading that story ever again, ME3 ending gave me that feeling, I will never bother with playing it again.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Looking through your post history, you seem like an incredibly cynical person. Your posts almost exclusively contain criticism and negativity towards others.

Out of curiosity, do you consciously write these posts with the intention to oppose other people or are these your honest feelings? I'm mainly asking because there is next to no irrational hate towards the ME3 ending here. We've explained it quite a lot and constantly showed many valid points for our feelings.
    Actually its 100% toward people who do nothing but bitch. If you actually looked through my posts, you'd see I talk about other things quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great game, great story, great presentation. The last 4 mins shouldn't trump everything else like people are making it out to. Yes its flawed but its not entirely broke.

i enjoyed ME3 very much the ending though ruined it for me which is a real shame and the sole reason i traded in the game

It has a great plot until the very end. Don't buy it.

Deleted
    Mass Effect

Do you like a namby pamby 'can't we all just get along' message that the plot fails to fucking live up at the end of all things?

Do you like un-interesting, overly humanoid alien species and so called 'Cthulu-esque abominations' that are, in truth, not akin to unknowable, maddening Eldritch abominations at all?

Do you like faux symbolism?

Are you a filthy xenos loving heretic who wouldn't think twice about romancing filthy alien untermenschen?

If you answered yes to the above, you'll probably like it. I, on the other hand, will go play manly things. Like Skyrim and Warhammer 40,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Mass Effect

Do you like a namby pamby 'can't we all just get along' message that the plot fails to fucking live up at the end of all things?

Do you like un-interesting, overly humanoid alien species and so called 'Cthulu-esque abominations' that are, in truth, not akin to unknowable, maddening Eldritch abominations at all?

Do you like faux symbolism?

Are you a filthy xenos loving heretic who wouldn't think twice about romancing filthy alien untermenschen?

If you answered yes to the above, you'll probably like it. I, on the other hand, will go play manly things. Like Skyrim and Warhammer 40,000.
    Dont bring heretics into this, even they are above alien romance.

I chose the "combining" ending and I thought it made a lot of sense.

Everyone in the ending was basically trying to escape the plot holes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played it, but a ton of folks in my guild have. From what they are saying, the game rocks hard all the way up until the last 10 minutes of the game, then it all sucks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    I totally agree with this but it must be said that ME3 was an excellent game despite not being quite as good as ME2.
    I actually strongly disagree with this.

I thought ME1/ME3 were about even and ME2 was clearly worse in terms of plot, ending controversy excluded.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Anyone wondering why the ending is bad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA

This is without the huge plotholes and nonsense reasoning on either side of it.