Thread: "Orange" gear

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

"Orange" gear

Is there any convenient way to compare 2 orange (modificationable) items without removing all mods?

number of modification slots can be the only difference. If both have 3 slots they are identical

That is correct. They will both be the same without the mods.

Deleted
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure there were a stat diffrence between my 2 lightsabers as a Jedi Sentinel when i removed all mods :S
    But I got rid of one of them so I can't recheck that atm.
    But let's say there is no diffrence, than why are there 100s of "orange" lightsabers to collect if all are exactly the same? And you get all orange weapons you need at lvl 10.
    I understand why there are several "orange" armors, because they look diffrent. But 99% of the lightsabers aestetics depends on your crystal of choice. Dont understand why they would do 100s of lightsaberhandles. Would seem like a huge waste of resources.

Lightsabers have slight differences in how they look as well, just have to look a bit closer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalier View Post
    Lightsabers have slight differences in how they look as well, just have to look a bit closer.
    Except for the handle?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The handle is the only possible visual difference between light sabers aside from color. I've found several orange Light sabers in my travels, all with drastically different looking handles. Some I liked, others I didn't. It's on more detail to differentiate toons. The devil is in the details, if you don't care, that doesn't mean someone else doesn't...

The one place where Custom weapons can show is if they don't require LS/DS to equip, but have an LS/DS-specific color. I know my Assassin was rocking a red-blade dual-saber while being LS which was kinda cool, but then I had some better crystals to use for the blade, and it went away.

Deleted
    Bumping because I have had not a single reply on the actual topic. I can also confirm that diffrent orange gear of the same type (e.g. heavy boots) can have diffrent stats with same/none mods.

Deleted
    They did?
    There is no difference between 2 orange items with no mods. The mods are the stats.
    A light armor orange item have 7 armor, that's it. The rest comes with the mods.

Just make sure you have detailed tooltips on(enable it in your preferences), then you can compare mod for mod. As in, comparing armoring on the new item with the armoring the old for example.
    If you do not like the looks of an orange item, you can just exchange the mods from the new item and place them into the one you think looks best.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Uhm, I'm pretty sure there were a stat diffrence between my 2 lightsabers as a Jedi Sentinel when i removed all mods :S
    But I got rid of one of them so I can't recheck that atm.
    But let's say there is no diffrence, than why are there 100s of "orange" lightsabers to collect if all are exactly the same? And you get all orange weapons you need at lvl 10.
    I understand why there are several "orange" armors, because they look diffrent. But 99% of the lightsabers aestetics depends on your crystal of choice. Dont understand why they would do 100s of lightsaberhandles. Would seem like a huge waste of resources.
    There is a slight stat difference when empty, it's true. The empty "hilt" still has a "weapon rating" which provides bonus Power.

HOWEVER, the Hilt Mod, when installed, will overwrite the empty hilt stat. The overwrite is necessary, because it the mod added to the base stat, then the best orange piece would be the piece with the best base stats + mods. (This would defeat the whole point of the modding system).

There is no stat difference, it doesn't matter if its a lvl 11 orange or a level 50 orange. if you put the same mods, hilt/barrel etc into them they will both be exactly the same. orange items are only a framework, nothing more

I already said this before but, different light sabres also have different sound set. Its not only the hilt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurko View Post
    There is a slight stat difference when empty, it's true. The empty "hilt" still has a "weapon rating" which provides bonus Power.

HOWEVER, the Hilt Mod, when installed, will overwrite the empty hilt stat.
    Thanks, that clearify why I saw a statdiffrence and why you should ignore it.

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ildurnest View Post
    different light sabres also have different sound set. Its not only the hilt.
    That I didn't know of, got to listen more carefully

Quote Originally Posted by Jailbuild View Post
    There is no stat difference, it doesn't matter if its a lvl 11 orange or a level 50 orange. if you put the same mods, hilt/barrel etc into them they will both be exactly the same. orange items are only a framework, nothing more
    Even armor rating? Level 12 heavy boots with no mods will have the same armor rating as level 50 heavy boots with no mods?

Quote Originally Posted by nagayoshi View Post
    Even armor rating? Level 12 heavy boots with no mods will have the same armor rating as level 50 heavy boots with no mods?
    no armor rating is specific to the item not the mods, but weapons are all identical there is no diffrence

Orange gear was created specifically so there would be no difference, all you have to do is move the mods over and they will have the same stats. There are crit crafted orange gear though that has additional modification slots, but that is the only time they are different. If you have Synthweaving you can RE a piece of orange gear and get the schematic and then craft it until it crits. The looks won't change, but you do get either 1 or several additional modification slots.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Deleted
    no armor rating is specific to the item not the mods, but weapons are all identical there is no diffrence
    Armor rating is based on the Armoring modification within the item. Exchange the armoring to a better one, and the armor will increase.

Deleted
    that is not true armor rating is based on the level of the orange item. it is the only thing is increased by the level of the orange item

just to clear this up here is some screen shots of armor and weapons so you can see
    Either you have some kind of display bug (I have had it), or it works differently on Heavy Armor

[QUOTE=Juubo;15998829]Either you have some kind of display bug (I have had it), or it works differently on Heavy Armor

you are correct it is a bug had to ctrl+U every time I changed the armor out. nice one bioware