Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

About the upcoming betas

Hello. I just wanted to get confirmation that the information I've got is correct.

There will be 1 beta this month. (1 not 2), that will either be next weekend or the week after that. It's a closed beta.
    Then when you preorder the game april the 10th you will get access to the other upcoming betas as well. And they said that there will be betas in march/april.
    That means there SHOULD be 1-2 closed betas before the open beta because else there is no need to preorder, right?
    If it goes well, the game should be released late may or early june, don't you think?

Deleted
    so u figured every1 elses thoughts?

Deleted
    its a close beta? no it isnt, closed beta was last month.

This beta test will be for the 1 milion people that candidated in the 48 hours in the last February week, witch means is an open beta since everyone could sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rytlock BigPaw View Post

This beta test will be for the 1 milion people that candidated in the 48 hours in the last February week, witch means is an open beta since everyone could sign.
    No, not everyone of those 1 million signups will be invited into the beta weekend later this month. It is still invite-only.
    Also known as Welcome on the WoW forums.

Deleted
    Also another thing, being in the betas is just 1 reward for preorder. I am more interested in the ring that gives +2 to all stats and the 3 days headstart.

Stop making threads about the beta, we have plenty. Just post in there and someone will answer you
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

Read up on what an open beta is before you comment about them.

Thanks.

There is a Closed Beta at the end of March, which will include a small percentage of those who signed up a couple weeks ago. When pre-purchasing the game, you will be given access to all the Beta Events from April 10th onward. The first Beta Event will be held at the end of April. The next in May. If they continue the pattern, then the second Beta Event will be late May.

I'm leaning toward a mid/late June release.

15+ Year Old Account
    From what information I have gotten there is two betas in March. GWI said something about 23-25th March for press beta and there has been some dates saying closed beta starts 28th March. I have also read something saying that first beta event weekend in April is on the 20th for all those pre-purchases and possibly more people from the lottery.

This makes it three betas in March and April. Nothing however has been said about if there will be another closed beta in April. All we know is that there will be an open beta weekend each month.

Deleted

It's still considered a closed beta since you have to be selected to get in and it's under NDA.

Yeah, the upcoming beta next weekend is a closed beta. The ones in which we get to participate in as a result of prepurchasing the game are open betas.

Deleted
    Question. You get all these things ''Pre-Purchase Bonuses

Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events
    Three Day Headstart Access
    Hero’s Band''

But is that ONLY for the collectors edition, or does this include all 3 of the preorder choices?

A lot of assumptions going on in this thread about a beta that you have a .1% chance to get into.

I think we all just need to step back and relax.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

For all pre purchase orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Question. You get all these things ''Pre-Purchase Bonuses

Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events
    Three Day Headstart Access
    Hero’s Band''

But is that ONLY for the collectors edition, or does this include all 3 of the preorder choices?
    You get beta access with pre-purchase of any copy of the game.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Just an fyi, but last I heard, pre-purchasing from Amazon will not provide any benefits. Wait for the list of retails that will provide the benefits, or simply go to their main page.

And another fyi, Pre-purchase and Pre-order are not the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Read up on what an open beta is before you comment about them.

Thanks.
    Open beta would mean I could go to the website, put in an application, instantly get access to the beta, and the download to the client, and be able to log in right away.

This is a closed public beta.

Deleted
    Essentially i think you are correct. I'm guessing a June/July release date

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Open beta would mean I could go to the website, put in an application, instantly get access to the beta, and the download to the client, and be able to log in right away.

This is a closed public beta.
    so pretty much

the "open beta,i go to webpage.download client,make account and boom i can log in"type beta guild wars 2 isnt going to have,that sucks

i did hear the nda was gonna get lifted though,so meh.i guess if i could get hooked up with some good pvp videos from some classes i was curious about playing then thats pretty much the next best thing
    Last edited by CrunkJuice5; 2012-03-18 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    so pretty much

the "open beta,i go to webpage.download client,make account and boom i can log in"type beta guild wars 2 isnt going to have,that sucks

i did hear the nda was gonna get lifted though,so meh.i guess if i could get hooked up with some good pvp videos from some classes i was curious about playing then thats pretty much the next best thing
    There are a TON of videos from the last beta weekend that you should be able to find. I know PC Gamer, IGN and MMORPG all released a ton of articles/videos about different aspects of the game (and Youtube should have hundreds and hundreds).