Thread: Pokemon Craving

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I really don't get why they don't make a pokemon MMO. I mean really, it's surely the perfect one to do. Obviously some world expanding would need to happen, 4x bigger maybe, but fundamentally the same still. Have all existing regions, gyms and tournaments available, and add a bit more sandbox to the world, player gyms etc. Have all the battle options from the latest games..as new games come out.. bosh expansion with the new regions and monsters etc..

Anyway I have to say HG/SS really are the pinnacle, they have all the charm, and fun of the original and the multilayer is great, even if it could do with a tiny bit more options.

Skyrim is a terrible example to base a new pokemon game off of. cause straight up pokemon is final fantasy, except the random battles are in designated areas (grass, water, cave, etc) as opposed to every where. But its totally a good idea. also starters (are you ready for your minds to be blown ) fire->fire/steel->fire/steel lion, water->water/fight->water/fight Beaver, grass->grass/poison->grass/poison scorpion. they should also add in double type attacks, so you could get much harder hitting attacks or incredibly high defense against others.

5th gen remake would be amazing. For the ds, or the 3ds. Preferably ds. because a 3ds just to play zelda/pokemon is a waste of money.

I wouldn't mind an actual console(Wii as an example) game. It's not like they haven't dabbled with such things before.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    5th gen remake would be amazing. For the ds, or the 3ds. Preferably ds. because a 3ds just to play zelda/pokemon is a waste of money.
    It would be stupid for them to make any more Pokemon games on the DS after B/W 2. Even those being on the DS was disappointing enough. They missed a huge opportunity there - they could've raised 3DS sales and added a bunch of new features.

There are lots of other games for the 3DS too. Definitely not a waste of money if you're a Nintendo fan.

I wouldn't mind an actual console(Wii as an example) game. It's not like they haven't dabbled with such things before.
    I'd like another XD type game, but the main series games should stick to handhelds. I like being able to play Pokemon on the go, while I surf the net, in bed, etc. It's hard to do that with a console.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Think that may have to do with the fact that the Johto dex having the original 151 in it.Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to trade over my Swampert or Empoleon.
    When I restarted my HG a couple weeks back I decided to mix things up and pick Cyndaquil instead of Totodile.I regretted it.
    Sorry, I think I was being too vague. I meant in BW you can trade any pokemon over after the first gym. I just got to victory road on white with blastoise, jynx, typlosion, pinsir and sawsbuck. No crappy Unova starters!

Deleted
    Pokemon still lives?*

I like pretty much all the pokemon generations. The improvements in gameplay in Gen 5 is great tho. And in terms of "creativity" each generation those couple pokemon that you would always be like "come on? really?". You can't pick out the bad apples and use it to describe the entire tree. In terms of the gen 5 starts I personally like the looks and design of Serperior and Oshowatt. It's only the fire one that looks retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    I'd like another XD type game, but the main series games should stick to handhelds. I like being able to play Pokemon on the go, while I surf the net, in bed, etc. It's hard to do that with a console.
    True. Very true. It has given me significant distraction during many long ventures on my DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Well, 3DS is the next generation of gameboy. Not really a waste of money when you'll eventually need one to be up to date with handhelds. At this point, very few games will come out for DS and in the next year or so it will probably have altogether converted to 3DS. And there's more to the system than Pokemon and Zelda.

Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    Pokemon still lives?*
    Of course. Why would it have died?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Skyrim is a terrible example to base a new pokemon game off of. cause straight up pokemon is final fantasy, except the random battles are in designated areas (grass, water, cave, etc) as opposed to every where. But its totally a good idea. also starters (are you ready for your minds to be blown ) fire->fire/steel->fire/steel lion, water->water/fight->water/fight Beaver, grass->grass/poison->grass/poison scorpion. they should also add in double type attacks, so you could get much harder hitting attacks or incredibly high defense against others.
    It's typically just called turn base RPG

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Soul Silve/Heart Gold are AMAZING games. I never played B/W and "rushed" through Dimaond and Saphire, but by far SS is my favorite pokemon game out there.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    While I disagree with your point on 5th gen (Black version was, imo, amazing), Gold Version was my favorite pokemon and handheld game ever. The best music, the post E4 content, the best pokemon (Feraligatr) ever. HeartGold took a gem and turned it into a goldmine.

I'm currently playing through HeartGold again with *gasp* a Chikorita and thoroughly enjoying it. Go catch 'em all!

I had this like two weeks ago. I ended up playing White on an emulator for around 20 hours over two days....

That stopped my craving for a while.

I honestly want a game that isn't just another 8 gym rodeo with the Elite 4+ champs formula.

Probably why I love the Persona Series so much...

Just want to make it clear.

Gen V game mechanics are excellent. Gen V pokemon are not.

Gen V Mechanics + Gen 1/2/3 game = happy me

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 06:53 AM ----------

After reading this thread, I have decided to invest my three days off on Pokemon Soul Silver.

Thank you gamers for guiding me to the light

10+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand the "Gen X pokemon are lame!" I hate nostalgia so much.

Probably because the 1st/2nd gen was when Pokemon was really popular. The latest pokemon look more like digimon imo. Wasen't a massive fan of Black/White either. The legendary pokemon just looked poor although I don't use legendary pokemon so I wasen't that bothered.

My Dream Team would have none of the gen 4/5 pokemon in.

1) Charizard
    2) Scizor
    3) Milotic
    4) Umbreon
    5) Dragonite
    6) Ampharos

Remember, this is MY opinion. I'm not saying that they are bad FACT.