Page 52 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My apologies for creating a new thread. I wasn't aware of the collective warrior thread at the time.

Regardless, I hope my post benefits the community in some way.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I say that Arajal's post be put either right behind OP's post, or edited into it. Tons of info here, thanks for the leg work Arajal
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

You excluded several things I feel worth mentioning, such as Whirling Axe's potential for condition damage and it's usefulness for adrenaline building, but overall very well written.

This may be a noobish question, but I know that the effectiveness of burst skills increases with the level of adrenaline you have and that adrenaline has 3 stages. My question is that in order to get the maximum benefit from the burst skill, must the adrenaline bar be entirely filled up or can we get the full benefit if the adrenaline bar just enters the third stage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    This may be a noobish question, but I know that the effectiveness of burst skills increases with the level of adrenaline you have and that adrenaline has 3 stages. My question is that in order to get the maximum benefit from the burst skill, must the adrenaline bar be entirely filled up or can we get the full benefit if the adrenaline bar just enters the third stage?
    Its simple, you want bigger number and bigger effects(boons/debuffs) - you use stage 3.
    you want lower numbers and lower effects or no effects at all - use stage 1-2.
    Its always a matter of preference.

I always try to use it at stage 3 because I like the additional effects on the skills, and the higher numbers.
    Debuffs as such vulnerability or buffs like might are always a welcome boost, and I love it.

For skills like mace/hammer the additional duration to stun can make a difference, but also more frequent lower-duration stuns can help out as well.
    It depends on situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    Its simple, you want bigger number and bigger effects(boons/debuffs) - you use stage 3.
    you want lower numbers and lower effects or no effects at all - use stage 1-2.
    Its always a matter of preference.

I always try to use it at stage 3 because I like the additional effects on the skills, and the higher numbers.
    Debuffs as such vulnerability or buffs like might are always a welcome boost, and I love it.

For skills like mace/hammer the additional duration to stun can make a difference, but also more frequent lower-duration stuns can help out as well.
    It depends on situation.
    Yeah, but what I'm asking is if the full stage 3 effect occurs if I use the burst skill just as the adrenaline enters stage 3 or do I have to wait for the entire adrenaline bar to get filled up?

Deleted
    When it's full. You character will even yell something for each stage, you don't even need to look at your bar.
    Last edited by mmoc086a5027e7; 2012-08-19 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I say that Arajal's post be put either right behind OP's post, or edited into it. Tons of info here, thanks for the leg work Arajal
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    You excluded several things I feel worth mentioning, such as Whirling Axe's potential for condition damage and it's usefulness for adrenaline building, but overall very well written.
    I'm glad to see that people liked the post. I did what I could to try to bring some helpful info to the community, and it looks like I at least partially met that goal.

I would be both honored and humbled if my post was added to or moved near the OP, theredviola.

I understand where you're coming from, Larynx. Had I gone a bit more in-depth on each setup and added in a bit more nuts-and-bolts information, I probably would have taken a look at those finer mechanics. I did more of a broad-stroke approach to give people an idea of what weapons they might want to pay attention to, had they not already had the chance to try the weapon setups out firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by mofo View Post
    Yeah, but what I'm asking is if the full stage 3 effect occurs if I use the burst skill just as the adrenaline enters stage 3 or do I have to wait for the entire adrenaline bar to get filled up?
    The adrenaline bar is divided into units called strikes. 10 strikes = 1 bubble. All 3 bubbles = a full bar. The benefits you receive appear to be per bubble, not per strike.

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 09:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arajal View Post
    I'm glad to see that people liked the post. I did what I could to try to bring some helpful info to the community, and it looks like I at least partially met that goal.

I would be both honored and humbled if my post was added to or moved near the OP, theredviola.

I understand where you're coming from, Larynx. Had I gone a bit more in-depth on each setup and added in a bit more nuts-and-bolts information, I probably would have taken a look at those finer mechanics. I did more of a broad-stroke approach to give people an idea of what weapons they might want to pay attention to, had they not already had the chance to try the weapon setups out firsthand.
    I don't think the op is active anymore sadly. I have a PvP info thread and once the game is released, I'm going to try and make a make break down of the basics for each profession like you did. I'll use yours for the warrior section. Do not fret, your contribution shall not be forgotten. :3
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-08-19 at 02:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe one day we have can have our own profession sub-forums. Just need to make the game popular, and keep the sub-forum as ridiculously active as it's been.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Don't think that'll happen tbh I don't think MMO champ will upgrade the forum to include its own subforums unless the game gets as big as WoW, which it won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I have a [(url)]PvP info thread and once the game is released, I'm going to try and make a make break down of the basics for each profession like you did. I'll use yours for the warrior section. Do not fret, your contribution shall not be forgotten. :3
    Excellent!

I was playing around with talent calculator to make a support shout warrior when I realized that it's sadly way out of date and that it shows me skills that were no longer in the game (as of latest stress test on 15th of august). Anybody know a good talent calculator I could use? Suggestions for dungeon warrior shout support build are welcome as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    I was playing around with talent calculator to make a support shout warrior when I realized that it's sadly way out of date and that it shows me skills that were no longer in the game (as of latest stress test on 15th of august). Anybody know a good talent calculator I could use? Suggestions for dungeon warrior shout support build are welcome as well.
    Here's my defensive/healing warrior. It's more made for PvP, but this is the basic concept.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...7Nubk3sCZgwMEA

The editor is just http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/

I'm not a fan of the shout warrior atm due to banners having an elite that benefits from going into that traitline. Also the fact you get a 2in1 trait with reduced recharge and larger area is appealing.
    I also like regen over healing on shout due to you sometimes needing a buff but not needing the healing and vice versa. Whilst regen is just always there
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...7Nubk3sCZgwMEA

Ofc the big trade off is the long recharge on banners as opposed to the short one on shouts.
    (anyone can inform me on how long banners last?)

Thanks for the links. I love it how this calculator updates the tooltips if your traits add effect or reduce cooldown.

If I am no mistaken (according to gw2 wiki) Banners last 45 seconds with the exception of the elite Battle Standard that only lasts 20.

I have a friend who's going to play a warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreindis View Post
    I have a friend who's going to play a warrior.
    We all have that kind of friend..

/pat in the shoulder

at least in my company I am that "friend". muahahahahahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    We all have that kind of friend..

/pat in the shoulder

at least in my company I am that "friend". muahahahahahaha
    i saw this

and couldnt help but think of
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    i saw this

and couldnt help but think of
    Am I weird for feeling complemented by this?