Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Maybe this one might suffice?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdoW6MSuklI

He switches weapons and does some demonstration on skills. As best he's able to.
    Wow, that's a good video really enjoyed it.

But I've got a better one. This one shows a skilled Warrior that is very good at dodging. Skip ahead to 3:20 and watch the whole Troll battle. I had my doubts about dodging but this makes it look fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR0-S...=r%C2%ADelated

10+ Year Old Account
    Weapon swapping is supposed to be 10 seconds, while the Warrior-only stat reduces that cooldown.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Weapon swapping is supposed to be 10 seconds, while the Warrior-only stat reduces that cooldown.
    Another awesome Warrior perk!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    Another awesome Warrior perk!
    Depends on how well you can make use of it, with alternate weapon set cooldowns likely remaining through a swap.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Depends on how well you can make use of it, with alternate weapon set cooldowns likely remaining through a swap.
    Probably where the "hard to master" trait of warrior classes will come from.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Want to play... want to play ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillingr View Post
    Want to play... want to play ranged.
    Same feeling after watching TB explorable dungeon vid.
    Gonna roll guardian/elementalist instead of warrior i guess :<
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Biscuit
    I don't want the game nerfed to my level,
    I want to rise myself to the level of the game.

Four pages, and no mace warriors? Profound sadness.

If expertise improves the duration of conditions, does it affect the stun on the mace burst skill? Would love to stack expertise and go around landing giant stuns on people

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Four pages, and no mace warriors? Profound sadness.

If expertise improves the duration of conditions, does it affect the stun on the mace burst skill? Would love to stack expertise and go around landing giant stuns on people
    My warrior spec of choice uses mace/shield as It's secondary set . As for expertise, that is actually a good question.
    Maybe there will be more info after this coming beta.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    I played around a bit and a double axed Charr Warrior will be my second character. (Still going for Elementalist as first :P) Warrior just looks like it will be fun to play and it has some amazing abilities...Second wepons is ofc a rifle but would be fun to get into beta and do some testing *cry* gief preorder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Well, you can get +30% Expertise from Strength alone. The max stun from the burst skill is 4 seconds. So that would make it 5 seconds.

There might be more Expertise on gear.

We shall see! But it honestly doesn't sound THAT overpowered to me, and it might explain why individual skills have such short stun durations, usually. In fact, most stuns only last 1 second (the only actual STUN a Thief has is Pistol Whip, lasting for 1 second - Elementalist only has the air-dagger aura, also lasting for 1 second - Mesmers only get a Signet that stuns the target for 2 seconds), so you'd have to hit +100 Expertise to be able to get an extra second on it (in the case of the Mesmer signet, +50).

Also, I feel I should correct my earlier statement about the warrior-only stat. It seems it was, at some point, changed to instead increase the damage of burst skills?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-23 at 04:28 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    Wow, that's a good video really enjoyed it.

But I've got a better one. This one shows a skilled Warrior that is very good at dodging. Skip ahead to 3:20 and watch the whole Troll battle. I had my doubts about dodging but this makes it look fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR0-S...=r%C2%ADelated
    Yeah I've watched that one a few times before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went axe + shield and signets for my warrior setup, hopefully it does okay. Ranged for second set.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    Anyone know how much the reduction is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragath View Post
    Corrected myself on this already, it appears that the stat instead increases the damage of burst skills.

There is a Warrior trait which allows for faster weapon swaps called Weapon Master or somesuch. No specifics on the time reduction.

CDs on weapon swaps seem a weird concept to me, lol. Kinda old school.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is a Warrior trait which allows for faster weapon swaps called Weapon Master or somesuch. No specifics on the time reduction.

CDs on weapon swaps seem a weird concept to me, lol. Kinda old school.
    I am kinda surprised they put it in, tbh, but I guess they have their reasons. They want the choice to swap weapons to be something you can do poorly, I suppose.

That and I think it's to keep the chain CCing less cheeseball. Other games with no CD weapon swaps don't have as many control abilities tied to a specific weapon.

It still seems slightly weird and archaic on paper. There was probably a more elegant way around this possibility. Though I am not sure it would allow for PVP balance to the same degree.

I am kinda surprised they put it in, tbh, but I guess they have their reasons. They want the choice to swap weapons to be something you can do poorly, I suppose.
    Agreed. I think it adds a little bit of difficulty. In crucial situations, you have to use the swap ability at the correct time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragath View Post
    Most reductions in the traits are 20% or 25%. I never looked at the one in question though.