Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Most important! DON'T forget Warriors got BEARD!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    If I want a mobility build, what do you suggest guys?
    recommendation: greatsword

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 06:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    But if adrenaline generates up incredibly fast with dual axes, then stick and run won't ever be up for long. It'll be use burst, adrenaline climbs up, waiting for burst skill to come off cd while adrenaline is full. But I'm still not sure how fast it generates.
    clarification: one hit with weapon = 1 "strike" of adrenaline

quoting:
    Each stage takes a greater number of strikes to fill than the previous.
    assumption: minimum adrenaline pattern: 1,2,3,4
    plausibility: moderate
    conclusion: best case: 10 weapon hits for full adrenaline
    caveat: traits/skills taht gratn adrenaline not accounted for
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Your speech: like Rikti.

I wonder how Greatsword mobility compares to Sword/Sword mobility. Greatsword has that whirling-charge thing on a 12 second CD, and an actual charge on a 20 second CD, while Sword/X can "lunge" at target foe every 8 seconds.

Somebody's gonna have to check how long the range on that lunge is!

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    assumption: minimum adrenaline pattern: 1,2,3,4
    plausibility: moderate
    conclusion: best case: 10 weapon hits for full adrenaline
    caveat: traits/skills taht gratn adrenaline not accounted for
    I hope your assumption is accurate, tbh.

Then again, that's a fairly good ratio... Wonder how many adrenaline-building traits i'm gonna want.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Your speech: like Rikti.

I wonder how Greatsword mobility compares to Sword/Sword mobility. Greatsword has that whirling-charge thing on a 12 second CD, and an actual charge on a 20 second CD, while Sword/X can "lunge" at target foe every 8 seconds.

Somebody's gonna have to check how long the range on that lunge is!

I hope your assumption is accurate, tbh.

Then again, that's a fairly good ratio... Wonder how many adrenaline-building traits i'm gonna want.
    lunge: classified as "leap"
    assumption: short range. backup: context

adrenaline: complete hypothetical
    basis: available data
    opinion: assumption: will be higher costs than posted
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    When did glytch become a borg?

---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 02:28 AM ----------

Also, dual sword and sword n board work fine for mobility if you don't want greatsword and would prefer to focus on bleeds.

Deleted
    This thread needs some lifting.

Can't wait for the beta weekend to start, I really want to test out how well hammer works since I've started to prefer it over greatsword.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    This thread needs some lifting.

Can't wait for the beta weekend to start, I really want to test out how well hammer works since I've started to prefer it over greatsword.
    I can't remember what video it was, but I didn't really like the hammer until I saw that video. Probably wont be my main weapon of choice but at least it's back on my list now.

It was actually the only warrior weapon I didn't like so i'm also gonna be testing it out to see if it's something I want to even consider for builds.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not likely to test Warrior this particular BWE, I've got Thief and Elementalist stuff to mess with.

Even though I'd LOVE to see just how fast axes can gain adrenaline.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I'll be playing around with only the warrior. (Unless I magically end up not liking it)
    I WANT to say that I'll be trying to PvP a bunch, to learn me some mechanics ASAP, but I don't like lying.
    I DOUBT I'll be able to pull myself away from the PvE THIS weekend, maybe the next BWE.

Excited to try out the warrior this bwe, maybe mix pvp and such in as well, but gonna focus majorly on pve to get the feel of the raw power that is the Warrior class.
    Last edited by RecklessVirtues; 2012-04-27 at 01:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0fe1f41l1u2b2e Here's a pvp hammer build I made.

I'm wondering whether I should go hammer/greatsword or sword+shield. I'll test it out in the beta and see which I prefer, but what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I can't remember what video it was, but I didn't really like the hammer until I saw that video. Probably wont be my main weapon of choice but at least it's back on my list now.

It was actually the only warrior weapon I didn't like so i'm also gonna be testing it out to see if it's something I want to even consider for builds.
    Hammer strikes me as a PvP weapon of choice mainly (See: Mace Spec in WoW before they took out the stun proc from it). Knockdowns and stuns galore. I'll definitely be trying a hammer warrior in WvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cervani View Post
    Hammer strikes me as a PvP weapon of choice mainly (See: Mace Spec in WoW before they took out the stun proc from it). Knockdowns and stuns galore. I'll definitely be trying a hammer warrior in WvW.
    You're operating under the assumption that you won't need knockdowns and stuns in PvE. Might want to dispel that mindset!

You're operating under the assumption that you won't need knockdowns and stuns in PvE. Might want to dispel that mindset!
    Hmmm, this IS true. Especially with the focus on mitigating damage through abilities such as dodging. Weapon of choice for larger, more elite mobs then as well? Provided the stun and/or knockdown works on them as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'd swap Signet of Rage for the Banner, it's a much better Elite for PvP.

You pretty much always have a maxed adrenaline bar so the passive is naff to be honest. The buffs you get from banner aswell bar Swiftness which seems to be up 90% of the time anyway. The revives it gives and stability outweigh by far in my opinion, wouldn't go PvPing without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I'm wondering whether I should go hammer/greatsword or sword+shield. I'll test it out in the beta and see which I prefer, but what are your thoughts?
    Well with running hammer/greatsword, you now have both control and mobility. If you went sword/board you'd lose the offense you get from the greatsword, but gain more defensive capabilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cervani View Post
    Hmmm, this IS true. Especially with the focus on mitigating damage through abilities such as dodging. Weapon of choice for larger, more elite mobs then as well? Provided the stun and/or knockdown works on them as well.
    I would consider the weapon focused on survivability, and controlling the enemy, as opposed to a weapon that's focused entirely on damage.

Hammer is the kinda weapon you wanna pick if you want to focus on shutting them down. If you prefer really tearing an enemy to shreds with big numbers, though, Greatsword may be better, not to mention the higher mobility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would consider the weapon focused on survivability, and controlling the enemy, as opposed to a weapon that's focused entirely on damage.

Hammer is the kinda weapon you wanna pick if you want to focus on shutting them down. If you prefer really tearing an enemy to shreds with big numbers, though, Greatsword may be better, not to mention the higher mobility.
    We'll have to see honestly. The current tooltips on luna atra show the hammer abilities deal more damage, but it might not be accurate.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 11:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I'd swap Signet of Rage for the Banner, it's a much better Elite for PvP.

You pretty much always have a maxed adrenaline bar so the passive is naff to be honest. The buffs you get from banner aswell bar Swiftness which seems to be up 90% of the time anyway. The revives it gives and stability outweigh by far in my opinion, wouldn't go PvPing without it.
    You're probably right now that I look at the banner better. I also wasn't sure how fast adrenaline generated.

I been thinking 25 Strength/15 Arms/30 Discipline is the way to go with a dual axe build. Emphasis on the burst skills and neutralizing adrenal gains/losses.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;NSa...Wdf;XXaa;bdkgb