Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I been thinking 25 Strength/15 Arms/30 Discipline is the way to go with a dual axe build. Emphasis on the burst skills and neutralizing adrenal gains/losses.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;NSa...Wdf;XXaa;bdkgb
    I disagree. One of the most important traits for Axe, is the one that causes axe crits to gain adrenaline. So... You want precision.

Note: This suggests that the axe burst skill, as well, will give adrenaline on crit. And 15 points in arms increases burst skill crit chance.

You definitely want the traits in Disc though, to put more power into your Burst skill. And since the axes focus on burst damage as opposed to condition damage, the vulnerability trait at 25 Arms is useful.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I disagree. One of the most important traits for Axe, is the one that causes axe crits to gain adrenaline. So... You want precision.
    I took that one. Are you saying more ranks in Arms over Strength? I figure penetration via the 2x Axe 2 skill might synergize better with higher and more consistent burst from Eviscerate.

How would you spec 2x axes?

Um, I see your edit now. But I did everything you just suggested. Your "note" is how I built.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;Nka...Wda;XXaa;ZdXkZ is what I would do for dual axes. Note that I believe stick and move is a typo. it's not adrenaline, it's endurance, and if that's true I'd suggest putting that 5 in discipline. If you're going with pure damage get the 3 signets then get deep strikes, which will provide you a shit ton more crit.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-04-26 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I took that one. Are you saying more ranks in Arms over Strength? I figure penetration via the 2x Axe 2 skill might synergize better with higher and more consistent burst from Eviscerate.

How would you spec 2x axes?

Um, I see your edit now. But I did everything you just suggested. Your "note" is how I built.
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;fpa...dWb;XXca;bfUVb

That's more appealing to me. The build focuses primarily around crit anyways. Since I plan to crit a lot, I should benefit from Precise Strikes a lot, and so Attacks of Opportunity + Deep Cuts actually feel attractive.
    But then again, I might trade out those last 10 points into tactics so my Shouts heal. It depends on how useful Deep Cuts is in improving Bleed uptime. (Frenzy also looks attractive, but we'll have to test it out!)

The alternate weapon here isn't really accounted for, though. So you could probably get Sword/Sword, (Or Greatsword, that one seems like a bursty weapon), instead of Rifle and the build would still work, but you'd be 100% melee.

What I was trying to get at with my note, however, was that Rending Strikes is great when you want Burst, since most of your damage does not come from conditions, but from big crits... which means you want less Toughness on your enemy. Apparently I was mistaken in thinking that the third minor trait was Crit-proc Vuln.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 12:21 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    specing for bleeds is urine if you're using axes, the bleed from precise strikes only lasts 3 seconds even when specced with deep cuts. going more into strength benefits axes far more. http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;kka...WdV;XXaa;ZdXkZ
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-04-27 at 12:25 AM.

@Drake

I am not sure about the bleeds with axes. That seems to make a lot more sense with swords. Even if I use a 2nd set with Bleeds [Sword or Rifle], I'd be stuck with weapon swap CD and poor synergy back to Swords. I can only see Rifle 1 working in such a situation with 2 talents sunk for an off set.

Good call on For Great Justice > Fear Me though. That might work a lot better w/a quicker CD.

@Roggles

Oh awesome. Def. stealing that build idea!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you do go with using a rifle pull out 5 points from disc and shove it into arms for attacks of opportunity I guess. If you wanna max out rifle potential pull out another 5 from disc and put it in arms again for gun mastery. But yeah, I'm fairly sure stick and move is a typo because luna atra says endurance instead of adrenaline, plus "stick and move" sounds like it's related to endurance with the whole dodging about and whatnot.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-04-27 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Drake

I am not sure about the bleeds with axes. That seems to make a lot more sense with swords. Even if I use a 2nd set with Bleeds [Sword or Rifle], I'd be stuck with weapon swap CD and poor synergy back to Swords. I can only see Rifle 1 working in such a situation with 2 talents sunk for an off set.

Good call on For Great Justice > Fear Me though. That might work a lot better w/a quicker CD.
    Well the way I see it, Axe/Axe build should focus around bursting with crit anyways. Which means you're going to be critting a lot. Which means you're proccing Precise Strikes a lot. Although you won't put up bleeds as often as Sword/Sword will, it should still be up a lot - majority of your damage just doesn't come from the bleed.

I still focus primarily on Precision/Prowess/Power with the gear, imo, and don't particularly care about the Bleed uptime. It's just a little extra thought/patience - you could maybe save your full adrenaline burst CD for when a bleed applies, and then it will hit 10% harder, while having a higher chance to crit (and if it does crit, that 10% should stack with your Prowess for a nice big burst). Again, have to test just how useful Deep Cuts is.

Furthermore, since I DO have the bleed stuff in there, that means I can still have that little extra support for Rifle if you want a ranged weapon, or for going Sword/Sword if you want to benefit from your traits as much as possible (after all, Disc trait line supports weapon weapon often).

That build could potentially have great synergy with a full-signet build, btw. You could totally get Deep Strike instead of Deep Cuts!
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drake if you're using 3 signets like I do deep strikes will make up for the lack of precision, it provides 120 precision. plus axe mastery and weapon specialization is too good to pass up. I just don't see the bleed surpassing those in damage. Plus the power gain is significant.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-04-27 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Drake if you're using 3 signets like I do deep strikes will make up for the lack of precision, it provides 120 precision. plus axe mastery and weapon specialization is too good to pass up.
    My shout build allows me to use my shouts to build adrenaline faster, though. If I dropped the shouts, I'd probably move THOSE 10 points first.

10+ Year Old Account
    My shout build allows me to use my shouts to build adrenaline faster, though. If I dropped the shouts, I'd probably move THOSE 10 points first.
    I don't see the shouts being as reliable as the other traits, plus you have to consider the raw power you get in strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the shouts being as reliable as the other traits, plus you have to consider the raw power you get in strength.
    Oh no doubt about that, but I just think it's a nice little set-up. Two of my Shouts are on 25 second CDs. One used for a damage boost, the other used for condition removal (so I'm likely to WANT to use it often anyways). I Will Avenge You is on an 85 second CD, sure, but that gives me the ability to do a sort of "last stand" and hopefully revive some buddies, when things go wrong.

So every time I blow a Shout, I'm going to want to take full advantage of it... how MUCH adrenaline I get requires testing, but the result should mean "Oh yeah, I just shouted to gain Fury and Might, and now I'm full Adrenaline, DEAL WITH IT!"

TBH, I might use the signet Elite instead of rampage, just because the passive seems nice, and it would be great to use it right before a full-adrenaline burst skill. I just hate the super-long CD (which means once I use it, I don't get the passive boost for a whole 2-minutes).

Also: A part of me still wants to get the "healing shouts" trait, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to give up 10 points in Arms (or even Disc) or not.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-27 at 01:23 AM.

Thanks for posting this, wanted to find out more about the warrior class.
    Sig by Listrata

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;kpa...Wda;ddca;ZdXkZ Here's my dual sword build. I find it infuriating that you can't ever really max out the potentional of two weapons with your traits. As the masters of weaponry, warriors should imo.

---------- Post added 2012-04-27 at 01:25 AM ----------

Oh no doubt about that, but I just think it's a nice little set-up. Two of my Shouts are on 25 second CDs. One used for a damage boost, the other used for condition removal (so I'm likely to WANT to use it often anyways). I Will Avenge You is on an 85 second CD, sure, but that gives me the ability to do a sort of "last stand" and hopefully revive some buddies, when things go wrong.

So every time I blow a Shout, I'm going to want to take full advantage of it... how MUCH adrenaline I get requires testing, but the result should mean "Oh yeah, I just shouted to gain Fury and Might, and now I'm full Adrenaline, DEAL WITH IT!"

TBH, I might use the signet Elite instead of rampage, just because the passive seems nice, and it would be great to use it right before a full-adrenaline burst skill. I just hate the super-long CD (which means once I use it, I don't get the passive boost for a whole 2-minutes).

Also: A part of me still wants to get the "healing shouts" trait, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to give up 10 points in Arms (or even Disc) or not.
    Seems like you want to be supportive a bit, which is cool. Mines pretty much an ARGLE BLARGLE MASSIVE DAMAGE NO HELP FROM ME! build.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my Shouts do offer some support... kind've a nice side-effect of my build choice. But I should be able to get Might/Fury much more often than your build, which could work out to significantly more damage and adrenaline :P

Fortunately, my build would also work great for Sword/Sword in the secondary weapon set (for example: get Blademaster instead of Deep Cuts). Going that deep into Disc means I should plan for weapon-swapping often.
    Do the two weapon sets have their own adrenaline bars?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my Shouts do offer some support... kind've a nice side-effect of my build choice. But I should be able to get Might/Fury much more often than your build, which could work out to significantly more damage and adrenaline :P

Fortunately, my build would also work great for Sword/Sword, even if Sword/Sword is better served by going a little deeper into Strength.
    We'll see. From axe mastery I gain extra prowess and I have a 5% flat damage increase from weapon mastery, not to mention that the raw power from strength. We'll see what does more damage.

figure I should post this here guildwarsinsider is doing a livestream Q&A on general GW2 stuff with their un-used footage from the last weekend.

warrior gameplay in the background atm if anybody is interested / needs another fix until tommorow

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwarsinside...arsinsider.com
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll see. From axe mastery I gain extra prowess and I have a 5% flat damage increase from weapon mastery, not to mention that the raw power from strength. We'll see what does more damage.
    True, true. Depends on how much more damage Might is actually worth.

quoted instead of edited sorry
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    can you relink your build, doesn't work anymore for some reason.