Page 50 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oglok View Post
    "On my mark" Shout
    Huh? According to the wiki, that's a shout that was removed/replaced. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    "On My Mark!" (New) Shout. Call out target foe to make them vulnerable. 3 Skill Points. 30 sec Cooldown. 900 Range. Vulnerability(10s) 10 Stacks : +1% Incoming Damage.
    It's a new version.
    15 stacks are now +15% incoming damage, in group play you may stack it really high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I think that 2x axe has definitely convinced me to play the Warrior, I love it. That bladestormy skill on 5 is just murder.
    No where near as much ultilty as a 2 hander build I perfer the playstyle but a 100 strikes build will outdo it
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    Did Volley damage just got cut in half or am i seeing it wrong? .
    (i believe previous value was 3000+ something and due to typo was showing 300+ as its not possible to get buffed 5 times more)

Deleted
    I think that 2x axe has definitely convinced me to play the Warrior, I love it. That bladestormy skill on 5 is just murder.
    As a matter of fact, you can use mace/axe or sword/axe, not only axe/axe and still HAVE that bladestormy thing!
    That makes axe both in Main Hand good for the very nice burst skill, but also in Offhand when dual wielding, for the amazingness of the 5th skill (not to mention that 4th skill does very nice stuff). The sword as offhand was never something I liked, but the mace is okay, the axe is orgasm though.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2012-08-16 at 10:21 AM.

I completely agree, I was planning to main elementalist until I tried dual wielding axes in the recent stress test. I am positive that I will be playing warrior main now. Sadly I didn't have enough time to play with different warrior builds in the mists and it felt that it lacks utility in weapon skills. Oh god, how i wish warriors had elemantalist's trait written in stone for signet build. Back to the point, burst damage was great but little to no utility with dual axes. What kind of 7-9 skills do you pick/what's your build to compensate for it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    I completely agree, I was planning to main elementalist until I tried dual wielding axes in the recent stress test. I am positive that I will be playing warrior main now. Sadly I didn't have enough time to play with different warrior builds in the mists and it felt that it lacks utility in weapon skills. Oh god, how i wish warriors had elemantalist's trait written in stone for signet build. Back to the point, burst damage was great but little to no utility with dual axes. What kind of 7-9 skills do you pick/what's your build to compensate for it?

A CC skill (stun/root -bulls charge or bolas- ) , A Defensive skill ( Stability Stance/Endure Pain) and a dmg output boost skill (frenzy)

I prefer running with bolas and bulls charge and endure pain, and no frenzy/might signet because Signet of Rage (elite) gives me enough buffs /boosts, and frenzy has long cooldown.
    You might also want to try out your own build, since nothing is set in stone and everything and anything is set about personal preference right now.
    None has played enough time with a single profession to be exactly sure which is better and which is not, even if such thing exist, because I think it doesn't, and everything is situational, and your utilities only matter to your playstyle/role you want to have in the fight.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2012-08-16 at 11:17 AM.

Think I'm gonna go sword/axe bow.The amount of bleeding you can stack in such short time is insane.
    Also noticed I became an unstoppable juggernaut with the new healing sig.Getting healed for 50-60 every 1-2 seconds with 1k health, the only thing that could be a dent in me was a champion level mob.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, the greatsword really drew me into a warrior. I am trying to figure out an off-hand, but a tiny asura causing havoc with a sword bigger than she is is just too priceless. I was thinking a long bow to give me some distance, but I am not totally sold on it yet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    As a matter of fact, you can use mace/axe or sword/axe, not only axe/axe and still HAVE that bladestormy thing!
    That makes axe both in Main Hand good for the very nice burst skill, but also in Offhand when dual wielding, for the amazingness of the 5th skill (not to mention that 4th skill does very nice stuff). The sword as offhand was never something I liked, but the mace is okay, the axe is orgasm though.
    Yeah, but if you don't have and axe in MH you don't get Eviscerate. Which is an amazing skill. Flurry(sword MH) is nice, but the leap you get from Eviscerate is pretty awesome, plus the raw damage it does.
    Last edited by iCandy; 2012-08-16 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    I just feel swords are a bit flimsy. I've always been one for axes, personally. I think that it's the most efficient weapon - Through time, man has utilised generally 2 weapons: Sharp things and heavy things. But what if you made something sharp and heavy? Swings like a mace, cleaves like a sword - Except it's easier to swing than a mace and it hits harder than a sword.

For me, the axe is just the perfect melee weapon. It's such a brutal and deadly looking weapon - I just don't feel threatened by swords and maces because swords feel paper and weightless and maces feel like all they're gonna do is give you a headache and a few bruises. Axes? Axes will cut you in half, son.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Yeah, but if you don't have and axe in MH you don't get Eviscerate. Which is an amazing skill. Flurry(sword MH) is nice, but the leap you get from Eviscerate is pretty awesome, plus the raw damage it does.
    Ofc you are right regarding not having eviscerate but going with mace/axe + axe/shield (something I tested rigorously) you can 'bait' dodges.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQRApX3OAA
    Pommel(3)=>Dual(4)=>Skull(f1)=>Whirling(5)=>swap=>Cyclone(2)=>Shield(4)=>Evis(f1) Destroys people and you hardly take any damage.

If you're into more damage with a tad less control you can go axe/mace + mace/shield (you can't avoid damage in both sets, you rely on timed swaps more)
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQRApe3JAA
    Throw(3)=>Crushing(4)=>Cyclone(2)=>Tremor(5)=>Evis(f1)

I didn't play around with the sword but from what I hear sword/axe + mace/shield with high crit racks up bleeds after which you play in defense set.

edit:
    This is all regarding PvP
    edit2: It's so funny that the second build has the word RAPE in it's link
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-08-16 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel swords are a bit flimsy. I've always been one for axes, personally. I think that it's the most efficient weapon - Through time, man has utilised generally 2 weapons: Sharp things and heavy things. But what if you made something sharp and heavy? Swings like a mace, cleaves like a sword - Except it's easier to swing than a mace and it hits harder than a sword.

For me, the axe is just the perfect melee weapon. It's such a brutal and deadly looking weapon - I just don't feel threatened by swords and maces because swords feel paper and weightless and maces feel like all they're gonna do is give you a headache and a few bruises. Axes? Axes will cut you in half, son.
    i prefer daggers

they so small, so delicate yet....

they fit into such small places you wouldnt think of!
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Ofc you are right regarding not having eviscerate but going with mace/axe + axe/shield (something I tested rigorously) you can 'bait' dodges.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQRApX3OAA
    Pommel(3)=>Dual(4)=>Skull(f1)=>Whirling(5)=>swap=>Cyclone(2)=>Shield(4)=>Evis(f1) Destroys people and you hardly take any damage.

If you're into more damage with a tad less control you can go axe/mace + mace/shield (you can't avoid damage in both sets, you rely on timed swaps more)
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQRApe3JAA
    Throw(3)=>Crushing(4)=>Cyclone(2)=>Tremor(5)=>Evis(f1)

I didn't play around with the sword but from what I hear sword/axe + mace/shield with high crit racks up bleeds after which you play in defense set.

edit:
    This is all regarding PvP
    edit2: It's so funny that the second build has the word RAPE in it's link
    Nice theory crafting. I like it. Will definitely bookmark these builds.

I am having trouble finding good builds and traits that benefit greatsword builds without making the warrior feel too squishy. Tried going 25/30/0/0/15 with axe/axe on second set(i am also tempted in rolling with a rifle on the second set) but i found my warrior to be very squishy. Would appreciate some input and help on GS builds.
    I was thinking on testing this when i get the chance: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...kOtwYUwJjNBPEA
    Last edited by Sesethi; 2012-08-16 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted

Swords can be more deadly than axes due to piercing potential from longer range than an axe. But in game I just don't like the offhand sword abilities tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    ~
    Very nice builds, will try them out.
    Especially like the mace/shield , never even thought of this combo. very nice control

Quote Originally Posted by Sethorian View Post
    I am having trouble finding good builds and traits that benefit greatsword builds without making the warrior feel too squishy. Tried going 25/30/0/0/15 with axe/axe on second set(i am also tempted in rolling with a rifle on the second set) but i found my warrior to be very squishy. Would appreciate some input and help on GS builds.
    I was thinking on testing this when i get the chance: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...kOtwYUwJjNBPEA
    I think the biggest issues you'll have are that both weaponsets sort of fulfill the same role (something I personally hate as people who visit the guardian thread know ). Meaning they have the same offensive and defensive mechanics and thus similar weak spots.
    Some other issues:
    You can't buff both axe/axe and gs damange in an efficient/optimal way, axe/axe relies on +crit dmg axe in mainhand and +dmg using offhand and you can't take both when using a gs. Similarly the gs needs what you got.

I doubt that kd counts as stun so +50crit vs stunned doesn't help out.

You're feeling squishy due to being squishy, you've got 55points into offensive traits and 15 into defensive traits.

The most popular gs build atm is gs/axe+shield. I don't know the traits out of my head sadly enough.

then i see the point of the shield there, for the evi crit... How would a rifle or a hammer work out instead of axe/axe. I know hammer is very good for area control, rifle i am not quite sure, maybe it's good for chasing?

They're both very viable options. You've got the right idea hammer is kd oriented (duh) and rifle is chase/keep away oriented. Afaik the hammer would be better than the rifle to complement the GS. Since the hammer can buy you time to heal and avoid damage straight away whilst the rifle requires you to create distance, which you would do with riffle butt after which anyone will use a gapcloser (all classes have one) meaning you're still not out of danger for another 15sec. And the criple is a bit lackluser. If you add to this that if you're fighting a ranged class your rifle won't really help out that much it becoems even more clear.

The axe+shield is awesome due to having eviscerate, vulnerability, cripple, stun and a block mechanic. The rifle only has cripple knockback and the hammer has weaken, cripple, knockback and kd*2 but the later skills are all on a fairly long cd.

So axe seems to be the best weapon due to the synergy on both offensive and defensive fields.

TLDR: for gs/x you're best off if where x= axe+shield>hammer>rifle
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-08-16 at 07:12 PM.

yeah i got it. Thanks for the feedback