Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Second one definitly.

The proportions look much better.

Badass looking warr you got there!
    Thank you kind sir.

I was leaning towards the second one too, but input from others can never be bad

Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    But wouldn't you miss out on eviscerate, I read somewhere that it is a must have in dual-wield.
    Only if you desire the big leap/spike damage of evis. you can do without it. You could also focus a build around condition damage instead of massive spike. You could for example go sword/axe and rifle, both focused on bleeds and rifles burst killshot can hit almost as hard as evis. Alternitivly go with drakes axe/any to get evis on the second set.

Who is John Galt?

But wouldn't you miss out on eviscerate, I read somewhere that it is a must have in dual-wield.
    Eviscerate is really powerful, imo (and many others) it's the best onehanded burst skill. The reason for this is that it does good damage and it leaps at your foe.
    If you look at other onehanded burst skills you get the sword which does good damange but roots you so you need to use a snare for it to be effective.
    And mace which stuns and does decent amounts of damage.

Eviscerate isn't a must have for builds at all, it's simply the strongest burstskill atm. As drake said a very viable way to play sword/x is to grab axe/x with it and switch to axe when you want to burst.

Coincidence is that I actually tested sword/axe+axe/shield yesterday going heavy on condition damage and bleed duration. If foes dodged my flurry I'd switch to axe and eviscerate them, ofc the damage wasn't as good as when you're specced for it but still 3-6k damage is always nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I wish I could just stab him in the stomach or smash him in the face with my hammer instead of doing a freaking dance move.
    Yup. I just pretend I broke their legs out or something and continue to hit them. The "Finisher" concept is really sloppy and unfitting for the game in general. Not sure how it made it this far.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yup. I just pretend I broke their legs out or something and continue to hit them. The "Finisher" concept is really sloppy and unfitting for the game in general. Not sure how it made it this far.
    Fully agree with this. Complaints about the Thief downed skills started because they were, at first, the only ones that could easily counter the one-shot finisher that only requires you to push the F key.

Which reminds me: Now that the Warrior trait for Vengeance gives you a 100% chance to rally when you get a kill during Vengenace... it's going to be downright required by the Warrior build meta in pvp.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-22 at 08:41 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    This is the build I was messing with on my Warrior in the stress test. Mainly for point holding solo until back up arrives since you can't really kill anyone but they can't kill you, just troll bitches get money.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...kZtCZEyJkNIvQA

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I did find annoying, I should mention: Using the Greatsword #5 on enemies, if the mob noticed me before I stopped running at him, my character would actually charge past the target, and swing his sword at empty air.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I am still confused so far. Why is Sword/Sword dual not viable. Ok it misses on eviscerate but the bleed effect I have been reading so far seems pretty interesting. I truly like swords a lot but was wondering if double sword isn't as viable as mainhand axe, would it be possible to put in a sword with offhand and still be aggressive.
    I know I'm a bit late on answering this one, but I'm going to do so with a shameless plug of my weapon overview:

Quote Originally Posted by Arajal View Post
    3. Sword and Sword
    The sword-sword setup is centered around damage over time and adaptability. With the main-hand sword's Sever Artery and Gash and the off-hand sword's Impale and Riposte, this combo can apply several stacks of the bleed condition to targets very quickly. Couple this with the mobility of Savage Leap from the main-hand sword and the defensive power of Riposte from the off-hand sword, and you have a setup that can adapt to the situation on the fly.

If you prefer a playstyle that can change its focus on a whim, give the dual-sword combo a try.
    I wouldn't say that it isn't viable; it's just not focused on burst-damage, something that is coveted in PvP.
    Last edited by Arajal; 2012-08-22 at 10:13 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it was a but or something in the last stress test, was I the only one who noticed Eviscerate acting odd? 9 times out of 10, when I'd use it on a mob, the mob (along with all mobs around) would "phase out." After I took a few steps, they'd re-appear, walking back to their spawn point then they'd re-engage me?

And I'm glad to read that a few other people noticed Greatsword issues... I died 3 times when using the great sword vs just 2 Centar in Queensdale. I got rather fed up with it.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I think it was a but or something in the last stress test, was I the only one who noticed Eviscerate acting odd? 9 times out of 10, when I'd use it on a mob, the mob (along with all mobs around) would "phase out." After I took a few steps, they'd re-appear, walking back to their spawn point then they'd re-engage me?

And I'm glad to read that a few other people noticed Greatsword issues... I died 3 times when using the great sword vs just 2 Centar in Queensdale. I got rather fed up with it.
    I noticed that as well; Savage Leap killed me on more than one occasion because of it, too. They fixed it in the build that went live about 2 hours before the end of the test.
    Last edited by Arajal; 2012-08-23 at 03:38 AM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arajal View Post
    I noticed that as well; Savage Leap killed me on more than one occasion because of it, too. The fixed it in the build that went live about 2 hours before the end of the test.
    Ahhhh, okay. I was playing a Ranger during the final 2 hours.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I noticed I stopped dying from leaping, lol.
    I rezed some guy lying on the ground and he was like "I should have known not to leap"

10+ Year Old Account
    I, was playing the stress test early this week. This might be a noobish question, but is the great sword just above others in malee such as burst dmg, AOE dmg, ect. Because, the reason I'm asking is I saw tons of warriors running around with great sword maybe a hammer here and there. I was mainly using a bow and rifle combo maybe hammer.

Greatsword has one ability that is very very strong if you can land it. However it roots you in place while you channle it so its close to worthless on a moveing target. Folks like to use that paired with skills to stun/immobalize their targets to land it as something of a FOTM build. Youtube showes glass cannon builds useing it to wreck unsuspecting newbies and so tons copy them dispite the fact that most of them couldnt pull it off anyway.

Personaly I favored axes on my warrior often paired with something ranged.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post

I had the same issue with burst skill on two handed hammer during the stress test, So it might have something to do with jumping animation, regardless I am glad to hear that it was sort it out.

Bumping the re-post of my warrior weapon playstyle guide for pre-headstart-launch, as the thread was buried shortly after I reposted it:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ion-Playstyles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Greatsword has one ability that is very very strong if you can land it. However it roots you in place while you channle it so its close to worthless on a moveing target. Folks like to use that paired with skills to stun/immobalize their targets to land it as something of a FOTM build. Youtube showes glass cannon builds useing it to wreck unsuspecting newbies and so tons copy them dispite the fact that most of them couldnt pull it off anyway.

Personaly I favored axes on my warrior often paired with something ranged.
    thanks for the reply Merendel, I was thinking that there was something too the great sword that i didn't under stand. It seem to sluggish combat wise to me thats why i like the hammer, or the axe better.

Is it just something about being a low level, or is Healing Signet ridiculously strong right now? At level 5 the passive part of it is healing for 5% of my health a second.

All warrior signets are very powerful. In PVE signets are generally much better than other skills. Only a few shouts/banners are as powerful. Once a Warrior reaches about level 40 & the 2nd tier of traits they become goddamn juggernauts.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-27 at 01:04 AM.

So is two handers more viable for the warrior at this momment, havent baught it yet but curious, couz i feel my soon to be norn will be a boss either way