Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Swords do the same "cone" damage, as well as greatsword and hammer. Just a matter of your current best accessible weapon, but i dislike hammer for lvl, in pvp its fine..

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Deleted
    Since we are talking about group of mobs, how many targets can we hit with a melee weapon. It seems to be 3 max, I tried with mace and hammer, it's the same. Even with more ennemis in front of me, I only see 3 being hurt. I was quite disappointed.

I went from healing signet + banners to full Shouts. The incoming damage is really spiky and I found it easier to survive with the 2k healing from shouts rather than banners regen.
    With 3 of them on short cooldown (On my mark = 25s, Shake it off = 20s, For great justice = 20s), it's quite easy to support your group.
    It works well with a longbow, I can move around healing people and fighting at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oglok View Post
    Since we are talking about group of mobs, how many targets can we hit with a melee weapon. It seems to be 3 max, I tried with mace and hammer, it's the same. Even with more ennemis in front of me, I only see 3 being hurt. I was quite disappointed.

I went from healing signet + banners to full Shouts. The incoming damage is really spiky and I found it easier to survive with the 2k healing from shouts rather than banners regen.
    With 3 of them on short cooldown (On my mark = 25s, Shake it off = 20s, For great justice = 20s), it's quite easy to support your group.
    It works well with a longbow, I can move around healing people and fighting at the same time.
    With Hundred blades and a mob stack my most I have seen was like 7 or so getting hit

I guess the question is about the basic 1 ability, I am pretty sure I used to hit 4-5 mobs, I'll check it out and see what I get.

my current build is a hybrid 20 str- 10 arms - 30 def- 10 dis, using a greatsword for its amazing #3 skill a rather tanky set up using power precision toughness armor
    power precision crit damage jeweleryand wep, then a high condition damage longbow,

i use mending and then 4 signets because of the 10 points in arms i got the +40 precision for each unused, the high toughness and mobility of the greatsword make me a great solo toon, a can solo any vet, and some champions as long as they dont have knock downs.

the build hits on paper 46% crit +9 from full adreneline and another 5% from my sigil, so 60% 78% with singet of rage active, low life unless i take 3# trait in strength even that only adds about 1000 though, i hit 40 crit damage untill gear is complete then it should have about 50-53 cant remember, i take activated traits from the defense tree like endure pain and balanced stance, also the 25% longer stance duration, this makes up for using so many signets.

all in all a fun build, took me to level 80 and 100% map completion rather quickly, will be using it in dungeons higher dungeons as soon as they are fixed, i hear arah is broke, but either way, i tried a full damage build, and besides gaining a few crit % and about 30 more crit damage i noticed barely any damage change, and i died quicker.

anyone have any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So im thinking of making a defensive like build with armor with vitality, a rune set that has healing, and going sword and board for exploration move, has any warrior tried a similar build like that, and if so how did it turn out? Was the survivabilty higher or was it some what glass canon like?

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    So im thinking of making a defensive like build with armor with vitality, a rune set that has healing, and going sword and board for exploration move, has any warrior tried a similar build like that, and if so how did it turn out? Was the survivabilty higher or was it some what glass canon like?
    Don't really understand properly but from what I understand you mean a build like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...l7GJWrNGYsbY2A
    It's a dungeon build I run (I don't use sw/sh I use axe/sh)

edit: should be mending as a heal skill

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    Deep slow breathes, obvious things are obvious. We all know it's a signet. How does the game mechanic treat signets? In the beta it was a regeneration boon. Ok, we get what that is different now and how signets work in general but how are they to be countered when faced? Do they count towards amount of boons that you have, can it be removed?
    It's not a boon in any way

It's an effect. It benefits only from compassion and anything that specifically affects signets or healing (poison)

It does not buff effects based on boons, it can't be corrupted, it can't be removed, it's not affected by boon duration
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    What would you guys suggest for crafting? Sorry if it's lost in here somewhere, 59 pages is a lot..
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jpcamden View Post
    What would you guys suggest for crafting? Sorry if it's lost in here somewhere, 59 pages is a lot..
    Thanks!
    All professions work, they do'nt really give a big advantage. I'd go with cooking (easy) and weaponsmith (big market of clients)

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Currently running this guys build/gear set up and have been farming CoF and TA explore modes with great success.

I'm currently a 80 Warrior using 30 STR, 30 Arms, 10 Disc and full Carrion + Sigil of the Adventurer.
    Currently at over 1900 Power, 1440 Precision, 1520 Vitality and 1200 Condition Damage.

Trying to maximize Bleed damage for single target and Burn damage using Bow combos.
    Anyone had any luck with this ?
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Tournament video for you other Warriors here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqy0b...2&feature=plcp

Hammer Warrior PoV

Afaik only exotic accessories are crafted from jeweler so i suggest getting jeweler , armorsmith is good also if you dont want to farm karma/explorables to get your exotic armor , weaponsmith can be skipped in my opinion for you can just craft mystic weapons yourself by gatherin mats and paying a few silver to a weaponsmith to get orichalcum blades/hilts crafted (mystic longbow is not itemized that well though - has healing power - so you might go for huntsman if you want to craft yourself a longbow)

Right now, I'm using a rather balanced type of build, that can function pretty well in PvE soloing or WvW. It's not particularly good for sPvP, but I'm not particularly into the tournament thing. It's big drawback that it's not the highest on crit, but in WvW, it's meant more as a support build rather than a big damage build.

While soloing, I use this setup:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...kLJZSLIGQcK4VA

Basically an all-around balance. I favor crit more in this build, hence the Knight setup. My rune choice is so again, it can be fairly all-around. Works decent soloing, in groups, I can potentially buff people up and all of that good stuff.

For WvW, I use this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...kLJZSLIGIcK4VA

The gear I use is primarily Knight, which is Power, Toughness, and Precision, in both of these setups, with a smattering of Valkyrie. There's a mistake in the build editor where Knight shows up as Power, Vitality, and Precision. This build has a more above average health pool(23kish), but is very resistant. WvW I found this works quite nice in a group-but I won't make any qualms that it's not the best dueling build. I usually use the 'golf bag' method, and often swap my ranged between Rifle and Longbow(using both if I'm guarding the walls, since Longbow can drop fire in groups and seems to avoid the 'obstructed' a bit more often.) Stomp, Fear Me and the Hammer can keep enemies scattered as my more damage oriented buddies can finish them off.

I'm still working out a couple of Dungeon builds. I know I like banners and shouts for utilities, but I'm trying to see what melee setup I like for that. (Ranged I like defaulting to the Rifle.)
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

For your second build Aureth, that seems like an odd choice for runes if you're going for more support/control. Wouldn't you be better off with something like melandru, for longer control, and a ton more stun resistance and overall sustainability?

Edit: Also, you're using the tactics trait for increased longbow range, but you're using a Hammer/Rifle

Gah. Thanks for pointing that out. Yeah, pretend I have a longbow equipped, and swap in IX for the rifle pierce. :P I had forgotten to swap a few things when I linked it. <.<

Yeah, I'd likely swap the runes around as well once I build up a second Exotic set of gear(so I don't have to constantly swap the runes, of course.) The reason why I went with pack for the first set is that they seemed to be fairly all-around enough(to support my allies and such), that it could last me until I assemble the second set of gear and plug a more specialized set of runes into it. Though Melandru would also be pretty-all around.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Heya guys,

I have a shout-based warrior with the full Knight's exotic gear set (power, precision and toughness) and I was wondering which runes you thought were best to use.

I'm inclined to use 6 superior runes of vampirism. What do you think?

This is my build:
    http://www.gw2db.com...|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|

I was also wondering if you require to equip 'Shake it off' to be able to use the trait 'Use shake it off automatically'.

Thanks in advance!

This is my current Build:

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...omxx9MacRbcRbV

Weapons: Sword + Axe (+Bleeding MH, +Damage on OH) and Longbow (% of Fire AoE)
    Gear: Carrion + of the Adventurer, focusing on Power, Condition Damage and Vitality. I have around 2000 Power, 1500 Vitality and 1200 Condition Damage.

Early tests are going really well, bleeding damage seems to be quite higher than what i expected earlier. With 15-20 stacks i get around 120ish damage per tick and LOTS of ticks per second. It's quite nice IMO.

I've been using Shake it Off and Healing Surge for quite a long time and i love them. Specially when farming most Orrian events that seems to love Poison so much. I've been testing the last three skills a lot. I can get a huge boost to burst when i use them and they seems to be working nice. And i do believe FGJ and Roar stack which is a huge boost to the group. I swap Signet of Rage to Battle Standard during long teamfights.

This build is PvE only and i've been using it to farm events and do a few dungeons runs.

Condition damage improves the Longbow A LOT, the Combustive + Arcing combo seems to be deadlier than usual with the plus of having a huge boost to Burn damage.

All in all it seems to be a quice nice and useful build.
    I've been using it because i love DW and it's really fun to use IMO.

Once i've craft another set of armor lvl 80 with the right stats i will try a Hammer build focused on Defense and Tactics.

I'd love some feedback on this build
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I'm the only one loving 2h Maces and 1h Maces ?
    Most warriors i've seen in sPvP are running the cookie-cutter Hundred Blades + Bull's Charge, i feel like a misfit charging the enemy with a huge hammer and mace + shield.
    Why? you're brutally shouldertackling them to the ground to plant that mace in their hypotalmus, ain't nothing wrong with that.

Personally I think I like axe and shield best so far, played around with all of the weapons and I have to confess it's not an easy choice because they all are fun in their own ways and they all have their uses, unlike my ranger where I rarely see a reason to switch from shortbow as example.