Page 60 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    Why? you're brutally shouldertackling them to the ground to plant that mace in their hypotalmus, ain't nothing wrong with that.

Personally I think I like axe and shield best so far, played around with all of the weapons and I have to confess it's not an easy choice because they all are fun in their own ways and they all have their uses, unlike my ranger where I rarely see a reason to switch from shortbow as example.
    It's funny to roll 2h Hammer and Mace (or Axe) + shield in sPvP IMO. Just love to unleash a well placed Earthshaker.
    Or a well placed Skull Crack.

But i feel that Mace and 2h Hammer needs some love from A.net.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Currently running this guys build/gear set up and have been farming CoF and TA explore modes with great success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY-7F...12G8_kkEO3ROIQ
    Nvm, was able to get a friend to copy it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-16 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    It's funny to roll 2h Hammer and Mace (or Axe) + shield in sPvP IMO. Just love to unleash a well placed Earthshaker.

I seriously love running dual maces while farming just to screw around, but the auto attack is way way too slow on the third attack, considering that's where your oomf and debuff come from. It just felt very very slow. Super fun with a well placed Frenzy however.
    Last edited by Luko; 2012-09-17 at 04:08 PM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post

Mace in offhand plays pretty well with an axe too, gives you a little extra dmg boost while keeping one control ability I do that sometimes aswell.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    Mace in offhand plays pretty well with an axe too, gives you a little extra dmg boost while keeping one control ability I do that sometimes aswell.
    This.

Mace in MH is a bit of a waste, especially if you're running Hammer alongside it.
    The OH ability is friggin amazing, though!

You also get 2x Vulnerability abilities (one from MH Axe, one from OH Mace). Easy 8 stacks with 2 abilities. You can go Axe 2 -> Mace 4 -> Axe 2 back to back for a quick 12 stacks.

Deleted
    warrior rune question. The pirates rune 4 set has a 5% chance that when hit that you shout Yarr and buff yourself and your allies. My question is does this shout affect Vigorous Shouts? The heal on shout trait

Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    warrior rune question. The pirates rune 4 set has a 5% chance that when hit that you shout Yarr and buff yourself and your allies. My question is does this shout affect Vigorous Shouts? The heal on shout trait
    The sparring buddies in the Mists are a great place to test this. I'll have to try that out sometime soon.

Also, with all this talk about traits, I think I'll just leave this here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-Build-Guide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onaturi View Post
    Assumption: no

Go test tho
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Anybody else obsessed with SwordAxe/Longbow setup? AoE Bleed/Burning Madnesssssss.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Anybody else obsessed with SwordAxe/Longbow setup? AoE Bleed/Burning Madnesssssss.
    I'm enjoying greatsword quite a lot actually, I don't know why but it just feels awesome when you hit things with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I'm enjoying greatsword quite a lot actually, I don't know why but it just feels awesome when you hit things with it.
    Isn't every warrior?
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I've tested the basic attack(ability 1) and it seems to be capped at 3 targets regardless of how many people are in your cone of attack. Kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    For this reason I love the 2h hammer, it's like the only weapon that feels like you are really HITTING something, it's all huge swings and overhand smash attacks haha.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    I've tested the basic attack(ability 1) and it seems to be capped at 3 targets regardless of how many people are in your cone of attack. Kinda lame.
    This must've been changed at some point then, I've always been able to hit like 6-7 or more targets at once with the sword autoattack.

So I just recently hit 80 and am figuring out what sort of stats I want my exotic gear to have. I'm not going glass-cannon GS or dual axes build. This build will be more control, with some damage, and support. I'm hoping to use Hammer primarily while switching to mace/shield or longbow/rifle depending on the situation.

In that case, would it be wise to get gear with heavy investment in: Power, Toughness, and Vitality with gems/runes in either those three stats or get some +healing?

This would be for PvE and PvP. The specs would barely change. The spec I'm looking at now is 0/20/20/30/0
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

Deleted
    For my damage/support warrrior I went with full cleric (Power, toughness, healing) slotted with crest of the shaman (Vitality, healing, power). You can also mix some shaman pieces if you want more HP. The Shouts healing are not so bad, 2200 points per shout, with 25s-20s-20s cooldowns ("I use On my mark", "Shake it off" and "For great justice").
    But it really lack any good goup condition removal tool beside "Shake it off".

I'm using the superior sigil of water (30% chance on hit to heal), but I was wondering if it heals everybody around my target or around me since I use it on a longbow ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys nifty little tips videos I made for warriors some may already know about it but none the less may help yas out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KuEau7LiYc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIwZ9wB-lW0

Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to GW2, and have a 58 warrior. So far, I've had a lot of luck leveling with a sword/axe and Rifle. Usually start off shooting the mob at range for a bit, then clean up with sword/axe.
    I've tried this in WvW and I get stomped. I know I'm only 58, but jeesh, I can't even kill a veteran guard.
    So I have some questions for the veteran warriors out there:

1. What role should a warrior take on in WvW? damage? support? both?
    2. What build should I shoot for?
    3. I'm working up armorsmithing right now. Is the lvl 80 crafted gear comparable with any other high level gear? I don't know where to research the best gear, etc..

4. Any general advice? Anything I should be doing while leveling up to 80?

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to GW2, and have a 58 warrior. So far, I've had a lot of luck leveling with a sword/axe and Rifle. Usually start off shooting the mob at range for a bit, then clean up with sword/axe.
    I've tried this in WvW and I get stomped. I know I'm only 58, but jeesh, I can't even kill a veteran guard.
    So I have some questions for the veteran warriors out there:

1. What role should a warrior take on in WvW? damage? support? both?
    2. What build should I shoot for?
    3. I'm working up armorsmithing right now. Is the lvl 80 crafted gear comparable with any other high level gear? I don't know where to research the best gear, etc..

4. Any general advice? Anything I should be doing while leveling up to 80?

Thanks everyone!
    One of the nice things about Guild Wars 2 is the fact that you can play whatever build and style you have fun with and still be viable; this applies to WvW as well. You can play the role you think would best help the team/you have the most fun with.

Regarding builds, you can pretty much make a setup that plays off your strengths. That being said, I did write a sample trait build guide a while back, so here's a link to it if you want some good springboard builds to get you started: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-Build-Guide

As far as armorsmithing goes, you can craft exotics of the same quality as those you would find from Karma merchants or monster drops. In fact, crafting gives you more control over the stats that appear on the items, so crafted armor at 80 can actually be better than most other level 80 exotics, theoretically.

The best advice I can give you as a warrior in general is to know what is available to you as a warrior. We have access to more weapon combinations than any other class, and as a result can fill a wide variety of roles. We're a very versatile class; taking advantage of that fact can lead to many great experiences.

Wow, nice build guide Arajal. Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post
    Wow, nice build guide Arajal. Thanks for the response.
    Glad you found it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Ofc you are right regarding not having eviscerate but going with mace/axe + axe/shield (something I tested rigorously) you can 'bait' dodges.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQRApX3OAA
    Pommel(3)=>Dual(4)=>Skull(f1)=>Whirling(5)=>swap=>Cyclone(2)=>Shield(4)=>Evis(f1) Destroys people and you hardly take any damage.

If you're into more damage with a tad less control you can go axe/mace + mace/shield (you can't avoid damage in both sets, you rely on timed swaps more)
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQRApe3JAA
    Throw(3)=>Crushing(4)=>Cyclone(2)=>Tremor(5)=>Evis(f1)

I didn't play around with the sword but from what I hear sword/axe + mace/shield with high crit racks up bleeds after which you play in defense set.

edit:
    This is all regarding PvP
    edit2: It's so funny that the second build has the word RAPE in it's link
    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRApX3OAA

Can you please add traits and runes to this build. I want to try it out.