Page 65 of 66 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    meh, greatsword is so boring, at least to me. I still really like double sword condition build, yeah it's a bummer in zergs but I still enjoy it.
    I don't think I've seen a warrior with two swords before. I'm so happy now. I generally love swords and greatswords in any RPG, but the greatsword warrior in GW2 is starting to get old for me. I switched to double swords even though everyone says it's bad, still working on a build that would work for me.

The big issue of sword/sword is of course the condition cap, that's why I imagine you don't see a lot of it around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The big issue of sword/sword is of course the condition cap, that's why I imagine you don't see a lot of it around.
    Oh yeah, I knew that. Not saying sword/sword is as good as greatsword - it's far behind with how much the game favors direct damage over conditions. But in a game without Recount and enrage timers and running with guildmates who don't have bleeds, it's an okay alternative. I wouldn't expect to do any speed runs or fractals or ... I don't know what else is out there.

Yeah it's one thing that I'm really rather disappointed in ANet for, not rectifying the condition cap problem. I understand it's not an easy problem to fix but it has been 10 months already...

10+ Year Old Account
    They could separate it from pvp. From what I heard, conditions are deadly in pvp because it goes right through armor and toughness, and therefore needs a cap. For any semblance of balance, I'm of the opinion that pvp and pve must always be separated. Maybe in PvE, keep the cap but allow each player to have their own copy of conditions.

If you think GS is boring you should try playing the axe build I mentioned. 5111111111111111111111111151111111111111111111111111 with an eviscerate whenever your healing surge is off cd.

I recently went from my more supporty build (with healy banners) to a very selfish damage build, using axe axe/GS. I was never big on weapon swapping and was generally very lazy with it (my previous loadout was GS/rifle so needed no swapping) but now I find myself swapping every CD and I love it! It's a lot more risky but the rewards are far better. Need to work out how to get more stacks of might withotu relying too much on team mates, so I can finally get up to 10k evis crits.

Also started taking my warrior into sPvP again. Greathammer and axe/shield are where it's at.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    TLDR: GS 30/25/0/10/5 is the way to go
    What traits and slot skills did you go with and did the warrior tweaks in the latest patch change anything?

I have to check the numbers again, I think GS still is best with gs/axe+mace coming very close behind it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQFAR...iGruGT5SEVDA-e
    is the pure GS one and http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNAR...iGruGT5SEVDA-e is the weaponswap one.

The reason I kept the one trait open is due to empowered having been stealth nerfed to 1% dmg per boon instead of 2%. Empower allies is godly to take instead but doesn't stack with other warriors using it so it's a bit of a trade-off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still trying to make up my mind about which weapons I want to use. Not really looking for the highest dps ones, since all I do is open world roaming. Aiming to do dungeons once I have more traits.

Greatsword
    + Dat damage
    + Free evade
    - A little one-dimensional. In fact, I got tired of GS at level 30.

Sword/sword (or sword/shield)
    + I like bleeding. Fits my character
    + I heard torment is good
    + Mobility
    + (shield has a nice block)
    - Condition-based

Hammer
    + Best burst among all my choices of weapons
    + Just plain fun to use
    + Extra CC for accidental overpulls and dungeon trash.
    - Feels slow and sluggish.
    - Useless against champions and dungeon bosses.
    - No gap-closing abilities.

Building traits is frustrating without settling on weapons.

You shouldn't use "burst skills" on GS FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't use "burst skills" on GS FYI
    Oh, I don't. Hammer is the only burst that I use.

What about the last 5 unspent trait points? Do you still suggest putting those in Discipline? Wouldn't going 30 points into Arms give you a little more flexibility?

Yeah discipline (completely spaced out ).
    The reason is that arms in comparison doesn't give a lot.

Discipline gives 5% crit damage.

Trait wise Arms has fairly limited options.
    You can use Deep Strike (40prec/signet) if you find yourself running sig of fury/might, probably might since you get 130 precision so more crit becomes less appealing depending on how high you already are (ruby orbs vs scholar runes), a lot and ofc healing sig instead of surge. 130 prec = 6.2% crit chance.
    Another option is Deep Cuts which turns your 3s bleed into 4.5s (of which only the 4s actually matters since you need a full second for another tic) which would make it possible to get 6-7 stacks instead of 3-5 which is pretty horrendous.

One more question. :P Why'd you choose Rampage over Signet of Rage?

Again due to spacing out (sorry) due to the buffs to it I had been checking up on other elites

Since every hammer warrior I've faced in WvW has been an absolute nightmare for me, I was wondering a couple of things:

1. Is there a standard, or at least suggested, hammer build for WvW? (If so, what's the weapon swap?)
    2. Is it being nerfed next patch? (How badly?)

It seems like almost every roamer I run into is either a thief or a warrior. I didn't end up liking P/D thief very much (at least I found it nowhere near as effective as other people make it look), so I figured I'd see what warrior is like. :P

There's a couple of Hammer war builds for WvW:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJAR...B2bQZVKAmUGB-w

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJhw...OweDKrSBwkyI-w
    (most use sword, some prefer mace)

And this sPvP build is used too
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJAS...kLITQygsBNQYJC
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).