View Poll Results: Eventually, what would you like to see?

Voters
1252. This poll is closed
  • The alpha male and female worgen customizations brought back as options.

632 50.48%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more male customizations.

147 11.74%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more female customization.

282 22.52%
  • More current female facial customization (not the same face (not pattern))

242 19.33%
  • More current male customization (fur colors, faces, hair, etc.)

175 13.98%
  • Idc, as long as the females don't derp around anymore.

498 39.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by James4444 View Post
    I'm more into "let's move the fuck forward because no one is ever going to be happy" and "we have better things to complain about".
    Moving on without fixing the problem never solved anything.

I think these complaints are rather valid; what with dangling a carrot in front of people who were stoked to play worgen and then pulling them away and giving them some kind of misshapen human!chihuahua.

Also, pandaren join your "WiP-never-to-be-finished club" because of their one-face syndrome. I guess Blizzard hates races with fur.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    I think these complaints are rather valid; what with dangling a carrot in front of people who were stoked to play worgen and then pulling them away and giving them some kind of misshapen human!chihuahua.

Also, pandaren join your "WiP-never-to-be-finished club" because of their one-face syndrome. I guess Blizzard hates races with fur.
    They join the "WIP-never-to-be-finished" club not just because of the sameface, but because of the crippling and blatant bugs. :\ Just about every animation has at least a half dozen buggy frames. Sometimes multiple sets. In one animation. That's just not right.

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    They join the "WIP-never-to-be-finished" club not just because of the sameface, but because of the crippling and blatant bugs. :\ Just about every animation has at least a half dozen buggy frames. Sometimes multiple sets. In one animation. That's just not right.
    I mean that pandaren join that club for those reasons. I know that there are more glaring issues with worgen. :[

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean that pandaren join that club for those reasons. I know that there are more glaring issues with worgen. :[
    AH yes. Yes they do. I cringe at the thought of what might happen to some of the female races with the revamp.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    AH yes. Yes they do. I cringe at the thought of what might happen to some of the female races with the revamp.
    Bad prediction? We'll have one-face females everywhere with little changes like earrings on blood elves, tusks on orcs and trolls, markings on night elves, earrings on humans, dwarves, gnomes, horns on draenei and tauren..

Yeah it's kinda scary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    Bad prediction? We'll have one-face females everywhere with little changes like earrings on blood elves, tusks on orcs and trolls, markings on night elves, earrings on humans, dwarves, gnomes, horns on draenei and tauren..

Yeah it's kinda scary.
    No one uses those ugly faces anyway, right? Right! So few people play female dwarves, tauren, trolls, and orcs... we need to cutify them.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    No one uses those ugly faces anyway, right? Right! So few people play female dwarves, tauren, trolls, and orcs... we need to cutify them.
    Big, muted, non-glowy bedroom eyes for all! \o/
    Males can have the glowy awesome facial things because they're men. Superiority.

Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post

Yeah it's kinda scary.
    I actually brought up this issue in a few threads. Not to spit at you, but luckily for me - it only seems to be a trend for races with fur, but yeah.. it sucks. It sucks big time. How much they could fix and make others happy with minimum effort and they don't do it.. it's almost depressing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually brought up this issue in a few threads. Not to spit at you, but luckily for me - it only seems to be a trend for races with fur, but yeah.. it sucks. It sucks big time. How much they could fix and make others happy with minimum effort and they don't do it.. it's almost depressing.
    Indeed. If I can fix the model and rebuild the skeleton and animations in under a week, I fail to understand why Blizzard can't put one of their artists on it and have it done sooner.

Since this thread is so long have we figured out why female worgen can't have hairstyles or colors yet?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorkir View Post
    Indeed. If I can fix the model and rebuild the skeleton and animations in under a week, I fail to understand why Blizzard can't put one of their artists on it and have it done sooner.
    Have you... have you done that? o_O

Sig by Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Since this thread is so long have we figured out why female worgen can't have hairstyles or colors yet?
    That was a change the went with them going from the Alpha to the Beta model. The Beta was built with a mane in mind, so naturally they couldn't have both.

As to the actual why though, we wouldn't know, though a lot of people on here at least were complaining their hair looked too wig-like and "anime." Newsflash people, all WoW hair looks like it was ripped from an anime, those are their polygons showing! WoW doesn't exactly do realism, so the only other option really is cartoony, and that leads to chunky models and chunky hair. Obviously some styles will be more anime-esque than others, but pretty much every hairstyle out there is flat planes and sharp angles.

I'm not sure if color was tied to fur back when the Alpha model could choose hair. Actually, was the Alpha model ever actually playable so that people could've played with those options at creation and the Barber Shop? Now that I think back I think she was only playable after they made the switch to Beta, and with the mane hair it made more sense for the colors to be tied, though people would still like for the option to change them, same as with Tauren. It just makes going to the Barber Shop more fun, you know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you... have you done that? o_O
    I had two or three animations working, but I ran into a minor issue that my computer at the time was incapable of handling what I was trying to do with it. (Like, it was taking upwards of 5 minutes just to render the animation for walking.) I need to find those files sometime...

Old Dell Inspiron 1525, Single core 2.0 GHz processor and 2 GB RAM. -_-

Goblin females were done extremely well, so they can do it if they put their mind on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Goblin females were done extremely well, so they can do it if they put their mind on it.
    QFMFT.
    I have NO idea why Blizz doesn't look at the goblin females as a good model of what a new female should look like. Different faces, ugly faces, ugly noses, pretty noses, you can make a goblin female look really old and 'ugly', or you can make them look young and fabulous. (Granted, I wish the males had another face that didn't look like a 50 year old smoker..) But no, when it comes to a furred race, you all get the same :3 face. Or in terms of worgen females, the same fucked up chihuahua face.

God damn I hate Blizzard sometimes.

For fucks sake, even the CHARR, A RACE OF BEASTIAL, FEROCIOUS, CAT PEOPLE, have more facial diversity than the Pandaren AND Worgen females.
    Last edited by Guavasaur; 2012-08-23 at 04:19 AM.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Holy crap, the third is a female face? How...progressive, actually. Blizz sure doesn't seem comfortable making manly or ferocious females, so to see someone else do it is a surprising change of pace. And one has heterochromia? That's a lot of options.

However...

Those faces look almost like entirely separate, albeit very similar, models. Unless their customization is a lot deeper than WoW's, and you can actually change facial features in a way similar to the Goblins with their separate noses and chins? 'Cuz if that's all texture work, damn, that's impressive.
    Of course, Blizz did prove with the Goblins they're more than capable of "modular" customization, which I think is the deepest we'll ever see from them before Titan.

Also, do all those faces come as complete packages, so "Face" is the only option and not "Eyes" or "Nose?" I'm sure heterochromia will be a really popular option since so many "low-level" RPers seem to favor it, so I can imagine the disappointment they'd face if it's restricted to the battle-scarred one. Of course, it's probably not actually heterochromia but a blind eye from battle, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    Holy crap, the third is a female face? How...progressive, actually. Blizz sure doesn't seem comfortable making manly or ferocious females, so to see someone else do it is a surprising change of pace. And one has heterochromia? That's a lot of options.

However...

Those faces look almost like entirely separate, albeit very similar, models. Unless their customization is a lot deeper than WoW's, and you can actually change facial features in a way similar to the Goblins with their separate noses and chins? 'Cuz if that's all texture work, damn, that's impressive.
    Of course, Blizz did prove with the Goblins they're more than capable of "modular" customization, which I think is the deepest we'll ever see from them before Titan.

Also, do all those faces come as complete packages, so "Face" is the only option and not "Eyes" or "Nose?" I'm sure heterochromia will be a really popular option since so many "low-level" RPers seem to favor it, so I can imagine the disappointment they'd face if it's restricted to the battle-scarred one. Of course, it's probably not actually heterochromia but a blind eye from battle, but still.
    For the most part, they're similar (but different models), but it proves that you CAN, if you TRY (Blizz proved they can, Goblin females please.), you CAN get a beast race with a different looking face, while still being part of the -same- race. For the most part, GW2 'basic' customization is a lot like WoW's, but you can go in and 'fine tune' some things if someone so desires. You don't have too, but it's there.

I'm not sure if it's a complete package, or if it's just a base face to work with if you wanted to 'tweak' it with the advanced customization options, but even without the tweaking I can tell which face is which, even if you cover up the eyes. (With Female Pandaren, sometimes with worgen, I cannot tell which face is which if you cover up their eyes.)

Editing in the advanced customization options:
    Face details

Eyes
    Eye angle
    Eye squint
    Iris size
    Eye size
    Brow placement
    Brow angle
    Brow thickness
    Eye color
    Muzzle and nose
    Nose width at bridge
    Nose tip width
    Nose Height at bridge
    Teeth size
    Tilt of jaw
    Tilt of Muzzle
    Ears and horns
    Ear length
    Ear short
    Ear thickness
    Ear fat
    Horn length
    Horn short
    Last edited by Guavasaur; 2012-08-23 at 04:52 AM.
    BIG CHUNKUS

Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    For the most part, they're similar (but different models), but it proves that you CAN, if you TRY (Blizz proved they can, Goblin females please.), you CAN get a beast race with a different looking face, while still being part of the -same- race. For the most part, GW2 'basic' customization is a lot like WoW's, but you can go in and 'fine tune' some things if someone so desires. You don't have too, but it's there.

I'm not sure if it's a complete package, or if it's just a base face to work with if you wanted to 'tweak' it with the advanced customization options, but even without the tweaking I can tell which face is which, even if you cover up the eyes. (With Female Pandaren, sometimes with worgen, I cannot tell which face is which if you cover up their eyes.)
    The 2 games aren't really comparable when you consider one is 2012 game and the other is a 2004 game with a 2004 engine.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2012-08-23 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    The 2 games aren't really comparable when you consider one is 2012 game and the other is a 2004 game with a 2004 engine.
    Compairable when the Pandaren model and the Worgen models are 2010~2012 quality. Besides, they don't even look (the charr) like something from a 2012 game engine, but you can stil lat least tell them apart. It still proves its not hard to make a diverse beast race.
    BIG CHUNKUS